Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Joshua interview - would consider stepping aside??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New Joshua interview - would consider stepping aside??

Has anyone got AJ number?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you beginning to accept the possibility?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Are you beginning to accept the possibility?
    Never say never in boxing but this is never happening.

I blame the media and mark tko for spreading this fake news.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes sense financially and other ways. He lets the build up happen. Then negotiates a hefty step aside fee once the publicity catches and people are dying to see Fury and Usyk. He gets paid for doing nothing while letting someone else consolidate the belts for him so he can fight for all of them on one night for a huge payday. In the meantime, he gets more time with a new trainer/ consultant (I heard ronnie shields was contacted) to address some issues. He gets paid to train and build his confidence and shake off some of the cobwebs and jitters hes picked up along the way thus far.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking step aside money now would be shameful. He never regains respect in the sport again if he does. That’s broken man talk

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury's view on it

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even Tyson Fury dad just said he thinks AJ will take on Usyk on talk sport.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Even Tyson Fury dad just said he thinks AJ will take on Usyk on talk sport.
    Ah well that confirms it then

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Fury backs 'brilliant athlete' Anthony Joshua to avenge Oleksandr Usyk loss

Joshua is set for a rematch against Usyk next Spring despite ongoing talks of a step aside deal to allow an undisputed heavyweight clash with Tyson Fury

Anthony Joshua 's rematch against Oleksandr Usyk is being overshadowed by an ongoing step aside deal, but John Fury has backed 'AJ' to avenge his loss if the fight takes place.

Joshua lost his heavyweight titles to Usyk earlier this year and immediately triggered his rematch clause with the former cruiserweight king.

Matchroom Boxing boss Eddie Hearn fuelled speculation that 'AJ' could step aside from his rematch with Usyk and allow Tyson Fury to have an undisputed title fight with the Ukrainian.

WBC titleholder Fury has insisted he wants Joshua to make his decision about the rematch by this weekend.

And Fury's father John thinks Joshua's massive price demand for the step aside fight shows the Brit is keen to avenge his loss.

"It's business boxing and I do believe AJ wants to fight Usyk, that's why he asked for £40 million. I'd ask for £70 million, so good luck AJ," he told iFL TV.

"But I do believe AJ wants to avenge his loss and he can bounce back, he's proved it. In AJ's case now it's not about the money, it's more of a pride thing with him.

"I don't blame the lad, I've had a lot of good nights with him. He's a brilliant athlete, let's not kick a man whilst he's down because he's better than that."

Hearn has changed his tune on a step aside deal, originally telling Fury's co-promoter Bob Arum the fight was " none of his f******" business ".

Fury threatened to sack his promoters last month if they are unable to secure him a return to the ring by February or early March.

It's expected 'The Gypsy King' will defend his title against domestic rival Dillian Whyte next, despite the WBC delaying their decision to rule Whyte as mandatory challenger.

And Fury is hopeful that Joshua will come to an agreement to allow an undisputed fight to take place.

"I want him to step aside so I can absolutely batter Oleksandr Usyk. But if he does he does and if he doesn't it doesn't happen," Fury told iFL TV.

"But one thing I will say is get the f*** on with it, either take the money and f*** off or fight the man either way one or the other.

"He can talk to my advisor on what is going on with people and step-aside money because I don't get involved at all.

"I am not a businessman, I am a f****** spartan and I am only interested in knocking mother******* out.

"I have heard a certain little person called AJ talk about being a businessman recently but I will fight to the end, this is nothing to do with business or whoever I am fighting."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-usyk-25639850

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury concedes defeat in Anthony Joshua pursuit after Dillian Whyte order

Tyson Fury's promoter Bob Arum has told his charge to focus on his upcoming mandatory defence against Dillian Whyte despite his desire to face Oleksandr Usyk.

Fury has now been ordered by the WBC to defend his heavyweight title against Dillian Whyte next year after a long wait for the official ruling.

The 'Gypsy King' offered rival Anthony Joshua a step-aside deal in a bid to hijack his rematch plans for an undisputed tilt of his own against Oleksandr Usyk.

But his long-term promoter Arum has encouraged Fury to focus on his test with Whyte so that he can progress and face the winner of Joshua's rematch with Usyk afterwards.

“We’re dealing with professionals, and Todd duBoef is talking to the Dillian Whyte people, and hopefully we can put that fight together,” said Bob Arum to Boxing Social.

“What difference does it make now? Joshua can step aside. Whyte has got to step aside. Forget these step asides. Let Joshua fight Usyk again. He has a contract to do that and let Dillian Whyte fight Tyson Fury.

"Whoever wins those two fights then fights for all the belts. I mean, it’s just a few months until it’s sorted out. Let’s stop doing what really is tortuous to get step asides and all of that stuff. It becomes so complicated, and it’s a convoluted way of doing."

Fury has been trying to encourage Joshua and his team to accept a step-aside deal so he can face Usyk for all the belts next year.

Joshua initially refused the offer but then later opened the door to potential negotiations citing "business" as the main reason.

The 'Gypsy King' was keen to face Joshua providing he progressed against Usyk after his recent victory over Deontay Wilder, but Joshua now faces a redemption task to bring his belts back to the UK.

However it is unlikely this will now take place after Joshua demanded to face the winner of any bout between Fury and Usyk, which would now require Whyte to also avoid cashing in his title shot.

'AJ' has always had his eye on a second revenge bid in a similar vein to the rematch victory he picked up against Andy Ruiz last year.

And Fury has cast his eyes away from Joshua and Usyk making a knockout prediction for his upcoming mandatory challenge against Whyte.

"How many days has he been my mandatory?" Fury joked in an interview with Behind The Gloves. "One! So welcome to the big GK [Gypsy King] world.

"I've known Dillian a long time, we go back a long way and he's improved a lot over the last few years. "But the outcome will always be the same, I'll knock him out if that fight happens."

Fury will now negotiate his shot at Whyte with his team and a return to the UK is expected with the Principality Stadium in Cardiff touted as the front-running venue.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it's in the news again re Joshua team weighing up stepping aside.

It's going to happen

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's going to happen
    Yep.£15 million has been quoted. I know I sound like a prick saying AJ shouldn’t take step aside , easy to turn down £15 million when it’s not you being offered it and all that. And would I truly turn it down?
    But it’s not about the monetary figure, it’s what stepping aside means mentally and professionally.
    It’s a step closer to admitting that you can’t win . It’s not a good look.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

It's going to happen
    Yep.£15 million has been quoted. I know I sound like a prick saying AJ shouldn’t take step aside , easy to turn down £15 million when it’s not you being offered it and all that. And would I truly turn it down?
    But it’s not about the monetary figure, it’s what stepping aside means mentally and professionally.
    It’s a step closer to admitting that you can’t win . It’s not a good look.
    Even Diane Abbot could do the maths on this one, £15m for doing bugger all, a warm up fight against an acceptable stiff, and a megamoney fight against the Fury/Usyck winner. Pension plan nicely sorted, then media training for life after boxing.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This offer is relatively low for AJ to step aside. AJ generates far more money than that and he should only consider it if they triple it.

AJ will be losing control and power if he takes the money.

Arum and Fury will get that money back and more when they win the title and negotiate a fight with AJ. They will effectively bend Anthony over and give it to him good.

Do not take the offer!

Thread Information