Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan v Kell Brook - Finally

Khan is wobbling and Brook is battering him in the 5th. They may stop it soon.

4-1 Brook
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan stopped in the 6th round. One side beating no need for the rematch.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook was hurting him every time he got through.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Made up for Brook, he deserves it. This is bigger than a world title for him.

Brook should retire too but I bet he faces Eubank in another fabricated sky ppv.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

amir con lost every round until the ref saved him. cash grab
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My takeaway from this is that Brook has no power.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan and Kell Brook ended their long feud when they met in the ring for what proved to be a barnstorming fight.

The rivals had previously circled each other for years without ever settling the score, but they came together in Manchester – live on talkSPORT – where Brook battered his opponent into submission.

Both men have achieved their dream of being world champions but, before they call it a day they wanted to face each other.

Some boxing fans have said it was a fight five years too late, but it still managed to capture the imagination of boxing fans in the UK and both Khan and Brook earned a pretty penny from taking the fight.

Khan reportedly took home £5million for the bout, with Brook, who won on the night, taking home £3m.

Ahead of the fight, the Bolton fighter said he is getting the ‘lion’s share’ of the purse, saying Brook is only taking this fight for the money.

There’s no doubt that the former Olympian has had the more lucrative career. Khan’s net worth stands at around £29m today, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

He took home £9m from Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez fight and then $7m to fight Billy Dib in Saudi Arabia. Khan also made around £3.7m to fight Terence Crawford, who was in his corner on Saturday night.

Brook’s net worth is said to be £16m. The best paydays of his career came against Gennady Golovkin (£3m), Errol Spence Jr (£3.5m) and then Crawford (£2m), according to Total Sportal.

Khan, 35, had 39 fights before Saturday and had walked to the ring to face either a current or former world champion on 11 occasions and he beat seven of them.

Through 42 prior fights, Brook, also 35, has faced four world champions past or present and he won twice.

Still, with both men in the latter years of their careers, they were keen to take home a decent payday.

Brook, though, has a couple of options for another all-British fight in the forms of Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn.

Both men called him out after beating Khan.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-worth-wealth/

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is the difference between horsehair and foam-padded boxing gloves? Khan vs Brook glove dispute explained

BOXING often throws up plenty of disagreement and conflict, especially between some of the sport's biggest stars on fight week.

And this is the case in the Amir Khan vs Kell Brook bout in Manchester.

One particularly contentious part of fight week is glove selection, where both fighters and their respective camps will inspect and choose the gloves they will where on fight night.

Often, this is a smooth process, but as seen with Tyson Fury's third fight with Deontay Wilder, it's not always plain-sailing.

Wilder had already thrown accusations about the legality of Fury's gloves for their second fight in 2020, and the Bronze Bomber wasn't happy when Fury selected the same style of glove for the trilogy.

Fury famously wears horsehair material gloves, while Wilder has worn foam padding in his throughout his career, and both are legal.

But who do fighters get so antsy over glove selection? SunSport have rounded up all you need to know about one of the key formalities of fight week, and the differences between the two types of glove.

It sounds self-explanatory - one gloves has horsehair in it, the other has foam.

But the use of horsehair in gloves, a tradition nearly as old as the sport, has been hotly-contested in recent years.

Horsehair padding provides the glove with less protection to both your hands, and your opponent's face, therefore it favours those in the ring who consider themselves to be a knockout artist, or someone with really heavy hands.

Horsehair gloves are durable, though they absorb sweat easier, thus wearing the padding down quicker than that of their foam relatives.

Dubbed a 'puncher's glove' horsehair gloves are often used by fighters with a come-forward Mexican style of fighting, or those seeking stoppages in their fights, much like Fury did against Wilder.

Fury wore Paffen branded gloves for both the rematch and the trilogy against Wilder, after he employed Kronk coach SugarHill Steward to train him to KO the American.

Paffen gloves use horsehair padding, unlike the majority of modern boxing gloves which use foam padding.

Following their second fight, in which Wilder was stopped in seven rounds, the Alabama native complained Fury's gloves had an insufficient amount of padding in them, and that Fury's punches left a dent in his face.

Wilder usually wears Everlast Powerlock gloves, which uses a PVC foam and latex material for padding.

Foam padded gloves have become more popular over the past two decades, as they keep your hands protected and they absorb shock better than horsehair gloves do.

Once Wilder found out that Fury would be using the same gloves for their trilogy, however, he opted to use Everlast MX instead, a horsehair-foam mix, in order to even the playing field.

Another fighter who was opposed to horsehair gloves was Floyd Mayweather, who often had it written into his fight contracts that his opponents weren't allowed to use gloves with that type of padding.

Conor McGregor was famously banned from using horsehair for their fight back in 2017.

And Marcos Maidana had to change his gloves from horsehair to foam in 2014 on fight week after Mayweather came away from glove inspection less than impressed with the Argentine's choice of glove.

Maidana ended up wearing Grant branded gloves, which Mayweather wore for most of his storied career.

Grant gloves are known as the best gloves on the market for those who want their hands to be ultra-protected, and they were perfect for Mayweather, who often suffered with hand injuries.

Most known boxing glove brands
    Everlast - worn by Deontay Wilder, Terence Crawford, Errol Spence
    Grant - worn by Floyd Mayweather, Gervonta Davis
    Cleto Reyes - worn by Manny Pacquiao
    Winning - worn by Naoya Inoue, Josh Warrington
    Rival - worn by Anthony Joshua, Oleksandr Usyk, Vasyl Lomachenko
    Paffen - worn by Tyson Fury
    Adidas - worn by Daniel Dubois, Anthony Yarde
    Fly - worn by Dillian Whyte, Lawrence Okolie
    No Boxing No Life - worn by Canelo Alvarez

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16680...ng-brook-khan/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looked to me like Brook won every minute of every round. That straight left in the first round totally knocked Khan out of his stride, and Brook timed Khan so quickly and so well that Amir was nearly totally ineffective.

Brook just walked through Khan and gave him a battering. Khan's chin has always been his downfall, but there has never been anything wrong with his heart. I cant help feeling that this would have been the result whenever they fought.

After being pretty much humiliated, Khan showed lots of class after the fight
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a blurry stream. All I saw was chocolate brownies flying everywhere.

Khan is getting a lot of sh*t but he won an Olympic silver at 17 and ppl gotta remember in the 2004 Athens olympics that was a one man GB Boxing team. (Khan was the only British boxer that qualfied compared to 11 now at the 2020 Olympics) after he won the silver medal, the government pumped money in which led to the AJ's. DeGale. Campbell, Joyce's etc and women's boxing.

• Commonwealth champ at 20.
    • World Champ at 22.
    • Unified World Champ at 24.
    • Fought 16 World Titlists - won 11 lost 5.
    • FOTY vs Maidana.
    • Headlined Vegas and New York.
    • An absolute trailblazer who fought in three seperate decades.
    • Been a professional for over half of his entire life.

He achieved more than what 99% of fighters ever do. A throwback fighter who fought everyone and anyone, came up short a few times but also had his moments.

You saw the undercard and the guys like the Yafai brothers boxing out of Birmingham and you have to give credit to Khan's affect on Asian boxers in the UK. A hero for British Pakistanis for a long time... his legacy is set even when he hangs it up.

BUT

He did everything to put Brook at a disadvantage for this fight. Played with his head as he questioned his sexuality. Suggested Brook was racist. Put a rehydration clause in the contract. Made Brook lace up his gloves in the ring. Someone even disrupted Brook's sleep by banging on his hotel door and waking him up between 3-4am this morning......but Brook still won.

I have the utmost respect for Kell Brook for how he has handled himself throughout this and he was a worthy winner. Stoppage was a bit premature but there was only gonna be one winner

By the way anyone see this fight in the crowd ?
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-21-2022 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't see the fight, but I'm glad it was a TKO win by Brook. Khan talks (and whines) way too damn much... and is impossible to root for.

He had this coming a long time ago.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he stoppage was premature but just watched it again - Khan was getting hurt a lot up to that and I think the ref did the right thing. No real complaints from Khan either.

Had no idea he was getting 2 million more for the fight would have thought this one should have been 50:50

One last pay day for Brook out there if he wants it - should take it
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook best chance for a successful payday is against Conor Benn. Eubank would be to much for him.

I hate how Sky are trying to manufacturing these rivalries to sell PPV.

Eubank ducked Triple G at the last minute and Brook took the opportunity given to him. Chris is trying to say Brook stole that position from him which is not true.
    Last edited by Master; 02-21-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't have forked out for this but we ended up getting it free due to some VIP bollocks from Sky. Anyway. Pretty much the perfect ending wasn't it? No idea how well it did in terms of numbers but Sky sold it really well. It was one of those who gives a shit fights that over the course of the last week built momentum into something not to be missed. That's where DAZN falls down. There's no outlet for that sales juggernaut pumped into everyone's home 24/7 which tips the definitely not going to buy this shit over the edge to make a purchase with heart rather than head.

I don't care if he's 25 or 35, Kel Brooks secondary jab is a thing of beauty and lands with the thud of most backhands. That got Khan going each and every time. One of my favourite punches in boxing. Save for a few rat-a-tat-tat's early doors which he would have expected, Brook new he could walk through him and did just that. He beat him up didn't he. Khan looked like he'd been run over afterwards.

Khan will almost certainly call it a day now and I hope Brook does the same. I suspect he won't. OK nothing but pride at stake and neither going out on top. But Brook climbed his Everest if you like, he got his vindication. Be happy with that. Please don't entertain a fight with the tit Eubank Jnr. The cunts 33 years old, apparently chasing fights with GGG and Canelo and still trying to figure out if he's the best middleweight in Britain. I'd have some respect for the charade if it was to win a Lonsdale belt outright but it's not. It's (from Eubanks side) being dressed up as some sort of grudge match over the GGG fight. The pathetic truth is Brook had the balls to fight him, Eubank didn't.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always liked Brook... and can't help the "what-might-have-beens" if he hadn't jumped two weight divisions to fight GGG. That was a career-ruining decision, IMO, and no one can really say with any certainty just how far Brook could've gone if he hadn't done that. Remember, he suffered a severe injury to his eye socket in that fight. He had no business being in the ring with Golovkin, just like big-mouth Khan never had any business doing his own 2-division jumping to face Ginger. Except in Khan's case, his somewhat fragile chin had already been exposed in previous fights. I'm glad those two finally met (Brook-Khan), even if it was years after their expiration dates. I'm also glad Brook's victory over Khan was by TKO. No controversy... nothing left to be said.

Thread Information