Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan v Kell Brook - Finally

Amir Khan fight against bitter rival Kell Brook finally confirmed for February 19 in Manchester in huge clash.

AMIR KHAN and Kell Brook were pulled apart at their first public meeting ahead of their grudge bout.

The warring welterweights - with a combined age of 69 - came face-to-face in Mayfair for the first press conference to hype their February 19 clash.

Bolton’s 34-year-old golden boy will take on his Sheffield counterpart, 35, in a long overdue retirement showdown on neutral ground in Manchester.

And, as soon as they were introduced and forced to pose for photos, they went nose-to-nose, butted heads and were pulled apart by security.

Brook: “This has been going on for 17 years and even the negotiations have been unbelievably hard work but we have finally got it over the line.

“I am sick of people asking men when it is happening and now we have a date. February 19 will be when Amir Khan hits the deck for the final time.

“We have always been predicted to fight each other but he has always veered off and not given me respect, he has never acknowledged me and always ran away.

“Now he has nowhere else to run, this is the biggest money fight out there for him so that is why he wants it now.

“He is in cuckoo land and believes he is a celebrity in the jungle. He is getting knocked spark out. I will retire him.”

Khan hit back with: “I respect him because he has fought the big names but I have never been scared of anyone.

“In the last 10 years I have lost to two of the best p4p fighters out there.

“I have never run from Kell, in the past I didn't think he deserved it but now I am ready to put him in his place. Now we will see how he backs the words up.

“I am coming levels down for this fight, I have thought the best and conquered America but people want to see me punch him in the face.

“It is my time now to put him in his place. He goes on about my celebrity life but my boxing skills and achievements got me there, he is so bitter about that.”

Former IBF welterweight champ Brook - arguably one of Britain’s most talented fighters of this era who has failed to fulfil his true potential - suffered career-threatening facial fractures in losses to Gennady Golovkin and Errol Spence in 2016 and 2017, respectively.

And the down-to-earth Steel City ace was pummelled to his third career loss last year when Terence Crawford completely overwhelmed him.

Khan was also stopped by Crawford in 2019, after he had successfully rebuilt following the chilling knockout loss to Canelo Alvarez in 2016.

You have to go back to 2015 for the last meaningful victory for either man.

But their legacies and reputations could be determined by this last swansong.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16882...19-manchester/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan v Kell Brook - Finally

Everyone knows it’s way too late.
    Everyone knows they’re only doing it for the dough.
    Everyone knows neither fights ever again , win or lose.
    Everyone knows they’re a pair of wankers.
    No doubt it’s an intriguing fight. And I will be interested in knowing who wins. And I will watch it………….either next day or whenever I can get it on YouTube. I will not pay one penny towards their retirement fund.
    My problem is that these guys have earned very good money in their career, and probably deservedly so. So why do we have to fund their lives because they haven’t maybe made the right financial decisions.
    And if they’re not skint, why should they earn over the odds of what they’re worth?
    I believe that fights like this take the piss out of the sport.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't agree more with Primo. Won't get a penny from me either.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously these are your countrymen, so your take on it is probably pretty much representative of how the rest feel.

I on the other hand, wouldn't mind seeing that scrap (not having to pay for it, of course). I disagree that fights like this "take the piss out of the sport."

Exhibition matches like the paunchy RJJ fighting anyone... or professional boxers fighting MMA stars or YouTubers.... THAT takes the piss out of the sport.

This is a true grudge match.

Waaayyy too late... as was the case with Floyd-Pac... but a grudge match just the same.

We had the same thing over here with Juan Manuel Lopez and Wilfredo Vazquez Jr., although admittedly I had no interest in watching that one.

It has no bearing on the rankings or anything... but it's still a battle between two guys with no love lost on either side.

Makes for good fireworks.

Besides... I'd love for Khan to be flattened by Brook.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s the fact they’ve gone box office for me. They are irrelevant fighters now and as Primo says where does the winner go. Nowhere because they aren’t interested in fighting beyond this just a cash grab.

If I can get it on a stream I will watch for sure but won’t be contributing.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, this shouldn't be PPV. That would be disrespectful for boxing fans. They're gonna make some money off the fight anyway... so just televise it for free.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Kell knocks out Khan because Amir is the one who avoided Brook and acted the bigger diva.

Khan wanted Floyd or Manny and chased that fight. Kell moved on and went to US to win the title.

Both made crazy fights against much bigger opponents and got stopped.

Both got stopped by Crawford.

Double knockout would be fun too.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine that Floyd Mayweather had a son that was hugely more unsuccessful then he.

Imagine that Manny Pacquiao had a son then was hugely more unsuccessful then he.

I feel my point has been made.

I salute you all my friends. We will all share the disappointments together.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The whole crowd and ref better have goggles and protective gear cos there's gonna be shards of glass flying everywhere.

The fight should be titled "Eye VS Chin"

They may as well have a joint header with Lewis v Bowe. What pathetic cash out for the mugs to buy.

This fight should have happened after Brook beat Porter. Now it's a fight for the casuals.

I guess Amir's following Floyd's business model : Save your biggest fight for the end of your career. Too bad nobody cares.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 11-30-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Everyone knows it’s way too late.
    Everyone knows they’re only doing it for the dough.
    Everyone knows neither fights ever again , win or lose.
    Everyone knows they’re a pair of wankers.
    No doubt it’s an intriguing fight. And I will be interested in knowing who wins. And I will watch it………….either next day or whenever I can get it on YouTube. I will not pay one penny towards their retirement fund.
    My problem is that these guys have earned very good money in their career, and probably deservedly so. So why do we have to fund their lives because they haven’t maybe made the right financial decisions.
    And if they’re not skint, why should they earn over the odds of what they’re worth?
    I believe that fights like this take the piss out of the sport.
    This.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

except this: I believe that fights like this take the piss out of the sport.

Nothing will keep us diehard fans away. And casual fans find stuff like this- exciting.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be clear... nobody's claiming this is worth anything in the grand scheme of boxing rankings. Nothing.

But it's two "past their prime" guys with a genuine dislike for each other and something to prove.

Again... I wouldn't pay for it. But I guarantee (like always happens with boxing fans) that many that are swearing off the fight right now will be secretly watching at the opening bell.

What I won't watch is Jake Paul fight anybody.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trying to stay positive during the holidays. Hope it's a good fight for anyone watching. And that the ghost of Kell smashes the ghost of Khan

At least it's two used up 'names' canceling one another out and not some gimmick matter of time match like ohhh v a Canelo or Golovkin respectfully. We fall for a lot of shiny objects and hoodwink as boxing fans but this seems an obvious case of two at/beyond the sunset guys knowing to stay in their lanes and be happy to make some loose change.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan taunts Brook in tense 'Gloves Are Off'

Amir Khan branded Kell Brook as 'scared' and 'empty inside' as their bitter rivalry was reignited during angry exchanges while filming 'The Gloves Are Off.'

The British duo have announced their grudge fight will finally take place at AO Arena in Manchester on February 19, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Khan and Brook were hauled apart by security at a bad-tempered press conference and then went face-to-face again during an intense edition of 'The Gloves Are Off' with Johnny Nelson.

In an exclusive clip from the show, Khan told Brook: "I can see right through you.

"You're scared and empty inside."

Brook had earlier suggested that Khan was to blame for the lengthy wait for their fight to be finalised.

"He's always veered off, never given me respect, never acknowledged me," he said at their first press conference.

"He has said: 'Win a world title then I will fight you, fight this guy then I will fight you'.

"He has run away.

"It has got to a part of his career where there is nowhere else for him to run.

"I have wanted it for many years."

Khan hit back at Brook by saying: "In the past 10 years I have fought two of the best pound-for-pound best fighters.

"I have never run from Kell. I have never needed to.

"What I have achieved speaks for itself.

"There is no point crying about the past. In the past he hasn't deserved this fight.

"Come February 19 it will be time to see if he can back those words up."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Khan taunts Brook in tense 'Gloves Are Off'

Amir Khan branded Kell Brook as 'scared' and 'empty inside' as their bitter rivalry was reignited during angry exchanges while filming 'The Gloves Are Off.'

The British duo have announced their grudge fight will finally take place at AO Arena in Manchester on February 19, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Khan and Brook were hauled apart by security at a bad-tempered press conference and then went face-to-face again during an intense edition of 'The Gloves Are Off' with Johnny Nelson.

In an exclusive clip from the show, Khan told Brook: "I can see right through you.

"You're scared and empty inside."

Brook had earlier suggested that Khan was to blame for the lengthy wait for their fight to be finalised.

"He's always veered off, never given me respect, never acknowledged me," he said at their first press conference.

"He has said: 'Win a world title then I will fight you, fight this guy then I will fight you'.

"He has run away.

"It has got to a part of his career where there is nowhere else for him to run.

"I have wanted it for many years."

Khan hit back at Brook by saying: "In the past 10 years I have fought two of the best pound-for-pound best fighters.

"I have never run from Kell. I have never needed to.

"What I have achieved speaks for itself.

"There is no point crying about the past. In the past he hasn't deserved this fight.

"Come February 19 it will be time to see if he can back those words up."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Sorry Guys,

Italian SAS fight 'who cares who wins' youtube entertainment but no PPV bonanza

Thread Information