Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury threatens BBC with legal action

Tyson Fury threatens BBC with legal action if he is included on Sports Personality of the Year shortlist

Tyson Fury has once again stated his firm opposition to being considered for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, threatening legal action if he is nominated for the annual individual prize.

Last year, Fury did not want to be considered for SPOTY honours despite his sensational first victory over Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas that saw him become a world heavyweight champion once again by capturing the WBC belt.

He was included on the BBC’s six-person shortlist regardless, with the self-proclaimed ‘Gypsy King’ later insisting that he had instructed his lawyers to write a letter demanding his removal from contention.

“This is a message for bbcsport and their SPOTY award - please take me off your list as I’m the people’s champion and have no need for verification or any awards,” Fury wrote. “I know who I am and what I’ve done in the sport. I have the love of the people which means more to me than all the awards in the world. To anyone who supports me, don’t vote.”

Fury’s bruising second win over Wilder in a classic trilogy bout back in October will have once again put the 33-year-old firmly in the running for the award, yet he has once again threatened the Beeb with legal action if he is included on this year’s shortlist.

“It means nothing to me, and I don’t need it or want it,” Fury told The Daily Telegraph.

“In fact, they will hear from my solicitors if they do put me on the list. Give it to someone who needs it. I don’t. “We know who the sports personality of the year is anyway – it’s me.

“Who does what I do, goes through a war in Las Vegas, entertains the fans, and then sings to the audience?”

Fury was previously nominated for the SPOTY award in 2015 following his sensational upset victory over Wladimir Klitschko in Germany that saw him dethrone the long-serving champion and claim the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO, and The Ring titles, though such a nomination sparked controversy and petitions for him to be removed due to controversial comments.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury threatens BBC with legal action

Pointless having any build up at all this year.

Can't remember it ever being so obvious who is going to win - Tom Daley nailed on
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Out of curiosity, what exactly could Fury take the BBC to court for if they shortlisted him?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Fury's have never been too bright when it comes to the law to be fair

The haven't a clue about contract law. Now it seems they're having a bash at not having a clue about civil law.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Can't remember it ever being so obvious who is going to win - Tom Daley nailed on
    I think Emma Raducanu should win it. Hamilton could also win it if he does well next week.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was joking about Daley you idiot of course it will be Raducanu.

Would make a mockery if Hamilton won again. Formula 1 gets way too many public votes as opposed to other sports. Hamilton has had 1 rival to beat. That's it
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

….. he has been bashed around the ring too
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/sport...ality/59612700
    So they put him down as a contender . Cue the lawsuit Tyson!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fury beats Whyte and AJ/Usyk next year then he will definitely win it.

Even if Raducanu wins Wimbeldon, Sterling scores the winner in the World Cup final and Tom Daley finds a cure for Covid 19.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sports Personality of the Year: Josh Taylor tells BBC to stick SPOTY award ‘up their a***’ after snub

The Prestonpans fighter was overlooked on this year’s six-person shortlist, despite becoming the first British boxer to be crowned undisputed world champion in the four-belt era.

The 31-year-old made history in Las Vegas in May, winning by an unanimous points decision over Jose Ramirez to become undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO super-lightweight world champion.

In doing so, he became only the fifth boxer ever to simultaneously hold all four belts.

Despite that, there is no place for him on a shortlist that includes heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, diver Tom Daley, Manchester City footballer Raheem Sterling, US Open tennis champion Emma Radacanu, swimmer Adam Peaty and Paralympic athlete Sarah Storey.

Clearly fuming after he was overlooked by the Beeb, Taylor couldn’t resist a dig on social media as he tweeted: ‘May 22nd 2021. First person In the UK to become undisputed world boxing champion in the 4 belt era & hold all the championship belts. #HistoryMaker shove yer SPOTY right up a***!’

Even before the BBC announcement was made, Taylor said ​he gets more recognition in United States for his boxing prowess than in UK.

The Tartan Tornado, who joined Edinburgh's Lochend Amateur Boxing Club as a teenager, said: “Becoming undisputed champion went under the radar here but certainly in America it never did. My profile there has shot through the roof and I’ve been getting stopped left, right and centre.

“I still get frustrated as it was the biggest achievement of my life, first person from Scotland and the UK to do it in the sport.”

Taylor’s next fight is against Jack Catterall on February 26.

The pair are pals, but Taylor has no problems turning Catterall from friend to foe when they square up at The SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow.

Speaking at The Royal Scots Club in Edinburgh last week, Taylor revealed a changed attitude towards Catterall.

He said: “I like Jack. I have a lot of time for him. There is no bad blood there, there never has been. But the mindset towards him now changes and that is easy for me.

“I can change the mindset with a click of my fingers. I am a fighting man and it is easy to change that mindset.

“I am getting sick of looking at his face already. I just want to get in the ring and beat him up and keep my belts.”

Taylor was due to defend his WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO belts against Catterall on December 18 but he picked up a knee injury.

He admitted to some frustration that he was denied a festive bout.

He said: “Who wants to be running and training on Christmas Day and not eating the turkey and pigs in blankets and all the trimmings, who wants to be sacrificing for me the best part of the year when you get to catch up with family and friends and celebrate with people you haven’t seen for while?

“It is frustrating but I am used to it. Last year was the only year as an athlete that I got to enjoy Christmas so I am used to it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Thread Information