Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: alec baldwin

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,826
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    178
    Cool Clicks

    Default alec baldwin

    should be held responsible for shooting someone. he has no idea of gun safety. he never checked the weapon himself before pointing it towards someone. i also think he's lying when he says he never pulled the trigger. unless the gun was dysfunctional. the police should have it so they would know if this is the case. either way alec didn't take the necessary precautions before he decided to point a gun at someone
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,523
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2863
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    I think he is innocent and it was an accident.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,847
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    559
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    should be held responsible for shooting someone. he has no idea of gun safety. he never checked the weapon himself before pointing it towards someone. i also think he's lying when he says he never pulled the trigger. unless the gun was dysfunctional. the police should have it so they would know if this is the case. either way alec didn't take the necessary precautions before he decided to point a gun at someone
    How does he “check it himself” ? Point it at himself and fire it? Would you have checked when they said “cold gun”?
    What is it they say about opinions and assholes ?
    Everyone has got one……..but some are full of s**t.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,981
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4880
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Entire production and crew conduct sounds like an accident waiting to happen. The whole I didn't pull the trigger thing sounds a bit shady but expected. Wondering if some imbecile handed off the single action with hammer fully cocked right into inexperienced hands and you have a literal hair trigger waiting to go off. He's never said 'I cleared and checked it myself' unless I missed that part ? which should be a must and the way it's done since the cameras began rolling. But you definitely do not point a loaded, empty or otherwise pistol at anyone on a set and why it was aiming at her is the odd part. And live ammo on a set ffs. Disaster waiting to happen all around.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,826
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    178
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think he is innocent and it was an accident.
    it's not an accident if you didn't take to proper safety precautions
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,826
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    178
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    should be held responsible for shooting someone. he has no idea of gun safety. he never checked the weapon himself before pointing it towards someone. i also think he's lying when he says he never pulled the trigger. unless the gun was dysfunctional. the police should have it so they would know if this is the case. either way alec didn't take the necessary precautions before he decided to point a gun at someone
    How does he “check it himself” ? Point it at himself and fire it? Would you have checked when they said “cold gun”?
    What is it they say about opinions and assholes ?
    Everyone has got one……..but some are full of s**t.
    it is standard gun safety. you always check it yourself
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,826
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    178
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Entire production and crew conduct sounds like an accident waiting to happen. The whole I didn't pull the trigger thing sounds a bit shady but expected. Wondering if some imbecile handed off the single action with hammer fully cocked right into inexperienced hands and you have a literal hair trigger waiting to go off. He's never said 'I cleared and checked it myself' unless I missed that part ? which should be a must and the way it's done since the cameras began rolling. But you definitely do not point a loaded, empty or otherwise pistol at anyone on a set and why it was aiming at her is the odd part. And live ammo on a set ffs. Disaster waiting to happen all around.
    this guy knows what he's talking about. trigger still had to be pulled. unless gun was faulty. i'll stand by behind alec. there's no way i'm standing in front of him
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,506
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    I think its a complete cluster fuck production wise and Baldwin just happened to be the one left with the smoking gun. I can't see how he can be held responsible for anything and from his angle it's clearly an accident with no intent.

    If he's pulled the trigger he's done it jokingly maybe.

    Fuck knows how this will play out.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,757
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2067
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Perhaps someone should make a film about a convoluted murder plot, in which a wronged wife whose husband is an actor arranges for a live gun to be smuggled onto a film set so that the actor ends up shooting his own lover and then going to jail for murder.

    Would make a great film.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,826
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    178
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I think its a complete cluster fuck production wise and Baldwin just happened to be the one left with the smoking gun. I can't see how he can be held responsible for anything and from his angle it's clearly an accident with no intent.

    If he's pulled the trigger he's done it jokingly maybe.

    Fuck knows how this will play out.
    most of you seem to have no basic gun safety knowledge. i doubt the ones saying he is not responsible have held a gun let alone fired one. you always check a gun yourself. & guns don't fire unless the trigger is pulled unless they are dysfunctional. jokingly pulling the trigger without having checked the weapon yourself is irresponsible
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,506
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    No I have little gun knowledge I admit.

    And no idea about blanks other than the scene in die hard 2 with the fake swat team firing them all over the place and seemingly missing everyone.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,908
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1807
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    All I know is I've seen Baldwin speak after the incident... and he doesn't sound like I would, had it been me who accidentally shot and killed someone.

    I've heard both sides of the argument.... and most agree Baldwin shouldn't be criminally charged, but....

    No way I can understand someone who is handed a functional gun as part of a movie production, and doesn't make damn sure the gun isn't loaded.

    He may or may have not pulled the trigger. Who knows. That part is for the firearm experts to figure out.

    But the fact of the matter is that the gun went off while in Baldwin's hand and it killed someone.

    If it were ME... I'd feel personally responsible.



    On another note, what kind of sloppy, chickenshit industry uses functional guns and live ammo in movie production... allowing total amateurs to handle lethal weapons all for the sake of a damn movie scene?

    Sounds like something made up... but unfortunately it really happened.

    A woman is DEAD. Someone needs to pay the consequences.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,523
    Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2863
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Bruce Lee son was killed in similar circumstances.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,506
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1679
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

    On another note, what kind of sloppy, chickenshit industry uses functional guns and live ammo in movie production... allowing total amateurs to handle lethal weapons all for the sake of a damn movie scene?
    This

    And yes it does sound like something made up. Something Angela Lansbury would investigate
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,981
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4880
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: alec baldwin

    From what I gather live ammo has never knowingly been allowed or used on a set that's what makes this one so baffling. Blanks with no actual bullet sure. It's actually amazing that given Hollywood's long long history of producing Tv and film westerns and war time flicks this and Lees case with a fragment lodged in barrel are isolated incidents. If anything this needs to strip down and boost up better regulations and professional scrutiny. Maybe from an outside source with zero care in budget cuts from Directors and Producers. I just cannot see Harry Callahan using a rubber .44

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing