Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I see fuckery at LH- This shit has to stop!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I see fuckery at LH- This shit has to stop!

So how long are we going to let Ramirez, Bivol not fight one another? Why do we let these fights get old and fucked up before someone screams bloody murder?

I think Beterbiev has proven his point to some degree when he beat Oleksandr Gvozdyk, but he too should be mentioned in this fuckery. Don't sit and wait for Canelo, fight...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I see fuckery at LH- This shit has to stop!

Agreed, these top guys should fight. It’s waited long enough. It’s not as if it is going to become some huge PPV, Beterbiev is getting older. See who is best now

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    So how long are we going to let Ramirez, Bivol not fight one another? Why do we let these fights get old and fucked up before someone screams bloody murder?

I think Beterbiev has proven his point to some degree when he beat Oleksandr Gvozdyk, but he too should be mentioned in this fuckery. Don't sit and wait for Canelo, fight...
    Keep forgetting Bivol is in his 30's and Beterbiev is approaching the big 40. Honestly thought 175 would take off a couple years ago but haven't been impressed by Bivol post Smith Jr fight. Outstanding thinking boxer keeps winning and very patient. Very very patient. No need to wait on the multi personality Canelo carnival lotto and need to sort it out as the top dogs. But I put Beterbiev a notch above the rest. 'Zurdo has work to do. Style wise with Bivol that doesn't exactly make you sit up straight with anticipation.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua Buatsi sets sights on light-heavyweight world title shot

"You're going to laugh." Joshua Buatsi is reading out his daily to-do list and the tasks are not glamorous - especially given the light-heavyweight fighter is an Olympic bronze medallist and on the verge of a world title shot in 2022.

Buatsi is one of the most recognisable faces in British boxing and has long been tipped to reach the very top of boxing, like his long-time friend and biggest supporter, Anthony Joshua.

The unbeaten 28-year-old insists he wants to stay the same guy he has always been and shies away from setting himself too many long-term goals.

"Personal responsibility is important to me," he tells BBC Sport. "I don't map out a year. One goal that remains constant is to win. Just find a way to win. How does 2022 look? One of the aims is I want to win a world title.

"I can't say if it's going to be the first or second or third fight, but that year I want to win a world title. Hopefully that opportunity will come. I will give everything to take it."

He adds: "Don't try to live up to someone else's life. What you have is what you have. Live within your means. Don't kill yourself to impress."

The Ghana-born fighter instead likes to set daily goals. Trivial as they may sound, they keep him grounded.

"I've got a to-do list on the side there. I've only done one out of five so I'm slacking. By the evening I will have it all done," he says, laughing.

"One was to flatten out all these boxes. One was to be on the phone to Vodafone. The other one was there's a letter I need to read and write a complaint about. There's five or six things. I'm moving through it slowly."

Buatsi, who was raised in south London, has spent the best part of the year training in the United States. He linked up with Virgil Hunter, the coach whose work with two-weight undefeated world champion Andre Ward has made him a big name in the boxing world.

Being away from home for so long has been "challenging", Buatsi admits, but he is confident he made the right choice.

"I don't sit back and think I shouldn't have done it. Instead I think I should have done this ages ago," he says.

"I can see why people call Virgil 'the Godfather'. There's a father figure persona to him. He's one of those people, when he talks you want to listen. He's always dropping jewels so you want to listen. It's been amazing."

A hand injury forced Buatsi to pull out of his last fight of the year - he had been booked on the undercard of Derek Chisora's heavyweight rematch against Joseph Parker in Manchester this weekend.

Instead he is nursing the injury and looking ahead to a big year. Buatsi thinks a fight against WBA (Super) champion Dmitry Bivol is the "easier" world title bout to make, considering that in Eddie Hearn they share the same promoter.

There are also a host of domestic bouts Buatsi could pursue. So many in fact - with Anthony Yarde, Callum Smith and Dan Azeez in the division - Buatsi is keen to push for a tournament-style showdown between British light-heavyweights.

"I think we should all just get chucked in a boxing tournament that will last maybe a year and a half and all fight each other. Get it cracking. People want to see us fight each other," he says.

"Myself, Callum Smith, Callum Johnson, Anthony Yarde, Dan Azeez - see now I've started a list here so I'm going to get myself in trouble. Other light heavies will say I don't rate them…

"Let's all get in there and mix it up. We all want the world title shot, but domestically we have something we could do here. Are we going to sit back at 40 and be like 'damn, we could have all fought each other?'

"I want to see how I do against these guys," he adds. "Everyone is claiming they're number one. We've all won the British title before.

"There's a whole load of reasons everyone can say they're number one and we'll never know who is number one until we fight each other."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/59701331
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

artur & dmitry need to fight each other
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information