Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spence vs Ugas..

If Spence doesn’t retire due to his eye issue, who wins this fight and why?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Ugas..

If Spence is still the same fighter after the crash and operation as before then he will win. Otherwise he is in for a hard time.

I think Spence wins because whenever Manny picked up the pace of the fight and throwing combinations he was winning.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spence v Ugas

Spence to fight Ugas - so what now for Crawford?

Errol Spence Jr, the dream opponent for Terence Crawford, is instead set to fight Yordenis Ugas keeping the world's two premier welterweights apart again.

IBF and WBC champion Spence Jr is expected to face WBA titleholder Ugas to unify their belts in their first fight of 2022.

The WBA approved the fight after Eimantas Stanionis, Ugas' mandatory challenger, agreed to step aside.

The agreement leaves WBO champion Crawford in the dark in his long pursuit of Spence Jr.

Crawford said to Spence Jr: "You are lying saying you called me? Don't do that. That's a bad look when you lie to the people."

Spence Jr said about facing Ugas: "I'm doing all the heavy lifting."

Ugas said: "Thanks to the WBA for doing the right thing. It is an award for my dedication, and for being a brave man in and out of the ring.

"I will be fighting one of the best [pound-for-pound]. I'm a warrior. First Cuban fighting for three belts one night."

Ugas opened the door to later facing Crawford: "This fight is the first step to having an undisputed champ at 147lbs in 2022."

Spence Jr was due to unify the IBF, WBA and WBC belts against Manny Pacquiao in the summer, but was forced to withdraw with an eye injury.

Ugas replaced Spence Jr and defeated Pacquiao, sending the legend into retirement, and claiming the WBA title.

Crawford then impressively became the first man to stop former welterweight champion Shawn Porter - a feat that Spence Jr could not achieve when they shared the ring.

Porter said afterwards: "The fight with Errol Spence Jr which went 12 rounds was not as tough as the fight with Terence Crawford."

Spence Jr had been ringside to watch Crawford beat Porter.

"He was at my fight? That boy said he would never come to my fight but now he's at my fight," Crawford said.

"You saw what I did compared to what he did [against Porter].

"Who's No 1 in the welterweight division now?

"You all know who I want. I've been calling him out. Maybe I'll go up to 154lbs.

"Maybe Spence Jr will fight me."

What options does Crawford have?
    Josh Taylor will defend his undisputed super-lightweight championship against Jack Catterall in Glasgow on February 26, live on Sky Sports.

Taylor holds all the belts that Crawford once owned and has plotted to move up a division to fight the unbeaten American.

"There was some sizing up going up," Taylor said about coming face to face with Crawford.

Taylor called himself a "potential future opponent" for Crawford.

Vergil Ortiz Jr, the prodigious American talent who is unbeaten in 18 fights, is also a fascinating option for Crawford.

Ortiz Jr is ranked at No 1 by the WBO.

Jaron 'Boots' Ennis, one of American boxing's most exciting emerging fighters, is ranked at No 2.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence v Ugas

Saw a lot of people giving Spence hell for making this one (if he doesn't disregard the following ) and labeled a duck but actually like the fight. Crawford has been popping off after Porter win and to a degree rightfully so but bit empty as it took years to finally beat a relatable talent and Spence beat the very same two years ago. Arguably as had Ugas v Porter and now Spence has him next in unification. Yes Crawford v Spence is an overdue super fight we need but had Crawford taken Ugas next while his post Arum (?) dust settles I'd say the same. If anything there's more of both going in the same direction leading to potential fight now more than ever with Crawford crawling out of Arums pouch and dipping his toe into pbc and all the trinkets being lined up between both. Plenty of talent for both to face early 2022 and Ugas is not a certain easy victory for either IMHO. Maybe I'm stubborn but still have hope for their mega fight soon but when the top guys fight as well I'm good with it.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 12-21-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence finalising three-belt unification against clever Cuban Yordenis Ugas who beat Manny Pacquiao, but Terence Crawford’s next fight is unclear

Errol Spence is reportedly now in advanced talks for a three-belt unification fight against Yordenis Ugas to take place in spring 2022.

America’s WBC and IBF champion looks very likely to meet the Cuban WBA champion who defeated Manny Pacquiao back in August.

Spence has endured a rough couple of years, fighting just once in that period.

He won his first world title back in 2017 as he flew to the UK and dethroned IBF champion Kell Brook.

In September 2019, he unified by taking the WBC belt from Shawn Porter.

Just two weeks later, Spence was in a high-speed car crash and fortunate to survive as he was ejected from his Ferrari due to the fact he was not wearing a seatbelt.

In December 2020 he returned to the ring and opted against a potential tune-up fight by instead jumping straight back in with Danny Garcia, who he beat on points.

With things seemingly back on track, Spence finally secured a dream fight with Manny Pacquiao for August 2021.

However, he suffered a retinal tear to his left eye and was ruled out of the contest with under two weeks to go.

Ugas jumped in at late notice and staked his WBA title against Pacquiao instead.

Despite being the underdog, the crafty Cuban put on an intelligent boxing display to outpoint the Filipino legend, who retired after the defeat.

Now, Spence (WBC and IBF) and Ugas (WBA) stand as two of the three world title-holders and welterweight.

Terence Crawford owns the WBO belt and so holds the final piece of the puzzle.

A super fight between Spence and Crawford now appears a far more realistic possibility as the latter became a free agent following his win over Porter in November.

For the time being though, Spence vs Ugas will have to do.

The WBA have now confirmed that they’ve approved the bout and, according to Mike Coppinger, a deal is being finalised for March or April.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ence-crawford/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

errol all day
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford needs another significant fight, like Thurman while this happens to set up the meeting that absolutely must happen.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keith Thurman is scheduled to face Mario Barrios on 5th February 2022.

Thurman last fight was against Manny Pac and it will be 2 1/2 years before he eventually fights Barrios.

Barrios was knocked out in his last fight against Gervonta Davis.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is the Rodney DangerField of Champions, nevertheless, I like this Fight as well. Especially considering Ugas doesn't have to worry about rust.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe we can dust off the word "marinating" here.

The fact is Spence and Crawford aren't going anywhere any time soon. It's not like either is hinting or likely to jump to another weight division. Ok... so let's see Spence-Ugas for the time being. We boxing fans are a patient lot (to say the least).
    We'll dutifully stand by and let the build-up fights occur. But 2022 is the year, guys.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts on Spence vs Ugas:
    1. I admire Spence’s decision to come back after such a long layoff and fight Ugas, who is an elite level boxer and tough champion/challenger.
    2. I think Ugas is a respectable/tough challenge for anyone in the division, period.
    3. I agree with most of what Tito said about neither guy going anywhere, my concern is that Spence gets upset in this fight and doesn’t end up fighting Bud while both are undefeated and in their primes.
    4. Speaking of primes- I’m worried that Spence is not the same as prior to the accident. I don’t feel like he looked as daunting/ capable as usual vs Danny Garcia.
    5. I like Spence and think he is a very good fighter, but think Bud is the best in the division right now.

Summary: I like/ admire the Ugas fight, but see this as very threatening to the fight I really want to see/prefer (Spence vs Crawford).

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mikey Garcia warns Errol Spence Jr about 'dangerous' fight with Yordenis Ugas

Errol Spence Jr has been warned his unification bout with Yordenis Ugas is a 'dangerous fight'.

Spence Jr will put his IBF and WBC titles on the line against Ugas' WBA version in a hotly-anticipated welterweight clash in April.

The unbeaten American was about to face boxing legend Manny Pacquiao in August but just a week before the fight was forced to pull out with a detached retina suffered during training.

Ugas, 35, stepped in on just 11 days' notice to face the Filipino senator, capturing the WBA belt in the process.

And Spence's former opponent Mikey Garcia reckons the Cuban is more than capable of pulling off another massive upset.

The former multi-division world champion told FightHype.com: “That’s a tough one for Spence because he’s coming off eye surgery and all that.

“We don’t know how his body will react from an actual fight.

"It could be dangerous for him, I don't know."

Garcia did however give Spence his props for wanting to challenge himself at the highest level but voiced his concerns about the damage it might do to his body.

He added: “If he gets hit, it could be a damaging blow. I don’t know. It could cause serious injuries.

"That’s a tough fight for a return fight after surgery like that for Spence.

“Big props for him for taking a fight like that, but that’s a dangerous fight.

"Stylistically, I think Spence is a better fighter, but Ugas is no pushover. Big size, strong,”

Garcia also believes Ugas is criminally underrated despite the fact he is currently riding a four-fight winning streak.

He continued: “He’s a world champion for a reason, you know?

“He fought very good against Porter. Some thought he might have won, and then he beats Manny Pacquiao. He’s big and strong too.

“It’s not an easy fight. It’s a tough one, and I can’t even tell you who is going to win. He might even fight a little differently, a little cautious based on the injury.

“He feels fine but he wants to be a little cautious about it. So he might fight a little differently than he usually is used to. That could play a factor. We’ll see, but it’s a good fight.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr set for April unification fight against Yordenis Ugas at Dallas Cowboys’ 65,000-seater Texas stadium

ERROL SPENCE JR and Yordenis Ugas are set for a welterweight unification in April - with Dallas Cowboys' 65,000-seater stadium playing host.

Spence was set to face boxing legend Manny Pacquiao in August before pulling out with a torn retina suffered during sparring.

The unbeaten American then required surgery on the gruesome injury but has since returned to training.

Ugas was elevated from the undercard in replacement of Spence and stunned 43-year-old Pacquiao - who later retired after the upset loss.

According to The Dallas Morning News, the Cuban is in talks to unify his WBA belt with Spence's WBC and IBF world title versions in two months time.

Spence, 31, has headlined at the AT&T Stadium before, with 47,525 in attendance to watch his March 2019 win over Mikey Garcia, 34.

Ugas, 35, had requested the three-belt 147lb unification but was instead ordered to face mandatory challenger Eimantas Stanionis.

It infuriated the 2008 Olympian, who hit out at the WBA for prohibiting his pursuit of a unification bout.

Shortly after however, Stanionis agreed to step aside and instead fight Radzhab Butaev.

And that fight is set to feature on Spence's pay-per-view title fight with Ugas, who confirmed talks were progressing.

In an interview with SunSport, he said: "My team and I are working on a gameplan, and you’ll see it when we’re in the ring.

"I have the best team in boxing that supports me every day and no one works harder than us.

"It cements my legacy in the sport and puts my name with all the other great Cuban and welterweight fighters in the history books."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17533...texas-stadium/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spence vs Ugas - April 16th

What happens?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Ugas - April 16th

spence wide. radzhab v eimantas on the card. shaping up nicely
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information