Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller done in the sport of boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller done in the sport of boxing?

Big baby is back tomorrow and he's lost 13 lbs since his fight last month, he's still 328 lbs.. impressive stuff, if he keeps this up he'll be under 300 in time for Christmas.......

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Big baby is back tomorrow and he's lost 13 lbs since his fight last month, he's still 328 lbs.. impressive stuff, if he keeps this up he'll be under 300 in time for Christmas.......
    I'm big on Big Baby and Helenius. Big Baby is a combination puncher who throws mega-punches and I'm big on him. I'm big on Helenius too.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed he will be seeking legal action against drug cheat Jarrell Miller. 'Big Baby' was matched up to face Joshua at Madison Square Garden in 2019 but Miller tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and was given a six-month suspension.

Miller tested positive for EPO, human growth hormone, and GW501516. In his place, Andy Ruiz Jr stepped in on short notice to shock the world as he stopped Joshua in the seventh round to claim his WBA (super), WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles.

The American heavyweight failed his fourth drugs test almost a year later ahead of his proposed bout with Jerry Forrest, landing him a new 12-month ban. Miller has since returned to the sport and won his first two fights following his suspension.

However, Miller has now been warned he will face legal action from Hearn for causing his world title clash with AJ to be scrapped. The British promoter claims Miller still owes him money from the scheduled Joshua bout and is intending to deal with it legally.

Speaking to the DAZN Boxing Show, he said: "We paid him an advance but the clause in the contract which is you failing a drug test means you repay that advance. That will be dealt with legally in due time, but I like Jarrell. I was very fond of him and that's why I fought so hard to not just give him a payday, it was a f****** monster payday to fight Joshua.

"I'm talking about millions, of millions, of millions of dollars. It just doesn't sit well with me, what he did to try and beat, get an unfair physical advantage over Joshua."

He continued: "Number one, he owes me money. I actually like Jarrell Miller and spent a lot of time with him, but I feel cheated. There were clouds over Jarrell Miller, but I always want to judge an individual on how I find them.

"Sometimes you want to give a fighter a benefit of the doubt, but this was stone-cold cheating to beat another man. When you talk about winning, why would you want to take these substances? It wasn't one drug test, it was multiple. And it was injections. I feel Jarrell Miller could not fight without using performance-enhancing drugs."

Miller is looking to climb back up the rankings in a bid to get another title shot and has defeated Ariel Bracamonte and Derek Cardenas in the past two months since his comeback.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...456a23156371f5
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Hearn, go get the violins.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jarrell miller v lucas browne is supposedly agreed & could take place in november
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really big on Big Baby Miller. And Helenius.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They should bill it

"The Paternal Showdown"

"Big Daddy" vs "Big (Mr PEDs) Baby"

I hope it's not PPV.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    You've got an eye for talent with big baby, although he's doped and ate his best years away.. Your love of helenius is puzzling though

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    You've got an eye for talent with big baby, although he's doped and ate his best years away.. Your love of helenius is puzzling though
    I met big baby in Brooklyn in 2007 or 8, he was fighting the Golden gloves. He is Dominican and Haitian and a really nice guy and I met his uncle too. He throws punches and bunches and he has a few years left. He is a meteor and a really great guy and I am really big on big baby. I am really big on hellenious also.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See I'm the other way around. Like Helenius a lot. Not a lot of Finnish heavyweights around (he's # 1 out of 4 total Finnish HWs ).

He's glacier slow... but fun to watch. Gotta hand it to him how he destroyed Babyface Kownacky twice.

Miller's worn out his welcome what... 3 or 4 times already? F* him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How this dodgy gelatinous chem shed of a man is still holding rank over the next Big Baby Jared Anderson speaks to how many plain white envelopes get passed around alphabet groups. He could sit his arse on a porcupine and still receive fewer jabs than he did during his last um doctor's visit .

Really though, fuck that guy

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    How this dodgy gelatinous chem shed of a man is still holding rank over the next Big Baby Jared Anderson speaks to how many plain white envelopes get passed around alphabet groups. He could sit his arse on a porcupine and still receive fewer jabs than he did during his last um doctor's visit .

Really though, fuck that guy

"Dodgy gelatinous chem shed of a man" Couldn't have put it better myself.

The sitting on a porcupine analogy was the highlight of the post for me, though.

I still think Jared should've found a new nickname. "Big Baby" should be retired into the Boxing Hall of Shame.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte was quick to issue his verdict on his rival's display in the ring, tweeting: "Miller is so so so so s**t."

It was a routine outing in the end for Miller, who immediately made call-outs to British pair Daniel Dubois and Joshua following his win.

However it was WBC contender Mahmoud Charr who leapt in the ring to make his plea to a fight with Miller, which could see the American return into the mix at world level with a win. A potential fight with Whyte cannot be ruled out also with fans proposing the match-up after his criticism.

Despite Browne not providing the resolute test that he will crave for his undefeated career, Miller was delighted with his performance and is eyeing bigger and better things following his drugs ban. “Sometimes you can’t knock everybody out right away,” Miller told announcer Tyron Woodley in the ring.

"You know, I had three and a half years off and Lucas was the first game opponent that came in here [and] that I knew can crack. He’s stunned guys and was on a winning streak, so I knew if I couldn’t get him out in the first round, I had to take my time. And just, you know, sometimes you been out the ring, the nervous energy’s there, the legs are not with you right away.

"But I felt comfortable. I just knew that I had to get my wind right and just start focusing and not getting hit with shots. But like I said before, four [years] off, I’m fighting an ex-champion, he’s game. Nothing but love and respect for Lucas.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...9c0cc732&ei=12
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information