View Poll Results: Castano vs Charlo II winner

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Castano

1 25.00%
  • Charlo

3 75.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castano II 5/14 Showtime.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castano II 5/14 Showtime.

The first fight was a FOTY contender in which I thought Castano was the recipient of a terribly bad decision. Credit to Charlo for agreeing to run it back. It was great to see Castano perform at that level and get some of the recognition he deserves.

The fight is scheduled at this stage for 26 February.

I feel Castano doesn't leave it in the judges hands this time.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Charlo vs Castano II.

I do not think this fight was a robbery. Castano is a tough and rugged fighter who made it a brawl. If Charlo can keep it at range he will outbox Castano and win the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castano got jobbed the first the time around, I felt. You have to take the title from the champ, but I think it was telling that Charlo didn't really have an answer and found himself out of his element against a tank of a fighter pressuring him inside. leaning against the ropes, shelling up, throwing that uppercut and pivoting off probably worked well in the gym against the sparring partners that were getting paid either way. I think Charlo has more potential to change up his game and make adjustments than Castano does.

The question is does Castano really have to change much? He got wobbled by that same shot and definitely needs to tweak his defense but its also a by product of his fighting style. Hes going to get caught at that mid range coming in and going out. So if his camp can make him conscious of that and practice having advance inside and retreat outside through that range quickly to minimize opportunities and make his movement in that range lateral so he doesn't get caught going straight back, he can take it all the way on Charlo, if he still has that drive and durability this time around. Will he be a Baldomir or Munguia?

As for Charlo, well the big fights going to be happening in his head. I believe he was shook. He'll tell himself he is the better fighter and he was getting cheers whenever he had Castano wobbling, but it was clear what some thought when the decision was announced and when he was talking after the fight. I really felt like he was bothered by the fact that this kid was taking his shot and not rolling over. It's sink or swim time for Charlo at PBC. is we going to be replaced by Castano that people will pay to see fight or does he sink further in into "the other charlo" role and become the danny devito twin while his brothers name is being batted around for the Canelo Sweepstakes. Wouldn't be surprised to see something desperate happen.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was one of the most entertaining fights of the year. I honestly didn't see a robbery or shady work save for the lopsided single card by the drunk guy. Seems that card became the focus but imo other judges had it exact. A real ebb flow back and forth quality show and for once 'could have gone either way' seemed to fit. Not just the rounds but minute to minute in early mid late exchanges. Castano is a machine when he can set up shop inside and unless Charlo can take his eyes off the arena Jumbotron he's going to have a hole early all over again.

Awesome rematch props to both and expect another corker. Like Charlo to make the adjustments with emphasis on short combination work.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

brian is injured. fight might be postponed. timmy may get a shot at brian before they reschedule
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castano II 5/14 Showtime.

Finally it's right on our doorstep. Looking forward to this one! Top ranked 147 contender Jarod 'Boots' Ennis fights Custio Clayton in co-main.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think any channel is picking this up which is a shame as the first fight was brilliant. I hope Charlo wins this in another classic contest.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fans will have a feast of boxing action tonight with Jermell Charlo facing Brian Castano for the undisputed crown, Boxxer's cruiserweight tournament in Manchester, before Gilberto Ramirez faces Dominic Boesel in America

Boxing fans are in for a treat tonight with the evening headlined by Jermell Charlo's undisputed title rematch against Brian Castano.

Charlo will look to become boxing's first undisputed four-belt 154lb champion at the second attempt after fighting to a split-decision draw with Castano last July. The American was ahead on one card after the final bell with the other judges scoring the contest as a draw and in his rival's favour.

Welterweight prospect Jaron Ennis will also make his return on the card when he faces Custio Clayton. In Manchester, BOXXER will host a cruiserweight version of their famed eight-man tournament which will include undefeated prospects Ellis Zorro and Ricky Reeves. Afterwards, Gilberto Ramirez will continue his quest for a 175lb world title when he faces Dominic Boesel in Ontario.

Charlo and Castano are expected to make their ring walks at around 4am UK time with the broadcast of the card getting underway at 2am in the early hours of Sunday morning. The duration of the previous bouts will determine the main event start time with Ennis also competing on the bill.

The fight will be broadcast by Premier Boxing Champions who will stream the action live on their YouTube channel from 2am.

Viewers can tune in here to see the fight's which will be headlined by the main event which will likely begin at around 4:15am in the UK.

Full fight card

Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castano - undisputed super-welterweight titles

Jaron Ennis vs Custio Clayton

Kevin Gonzalez vs Emanuel Rivera

Brandon Lynch vs. Marcos Hernandez,

Jerry Perez vs. Erick Lanzas Jr.

Charlo: “I just have to be dominant. I have to be the best Jermell Charlo, that y’all are yet to see. I’m going to dominate this fight way differently than I did the last fight. Castaño is the same fighter as he’s been in every fight. He’s going to come and keep coming back up. I’m going to use everything I learned from that fight, on Saturday night. I’m going to take advantage of the things that I have that he doesn’t have. I’m going to use the skills I’m blessed with.

“I’m going to be stronger, faster and smarter than I’ve ever been before. Thank you Castaño, for giving me more time to prepare myself. I’m grateful for my opportunities. This is my time and I’m focused. He’s my target and I’m going to pop him. I know what I possess in the ring. I know who I am and I know where I come from."

Castano: “I prepare myself very seriously for each and every opponent I have in front of me. This time, it’s Charlo, and I promise you that I’m going to be more than ready to give the fans a show on Saturday night.

“It is going to be special to show everyone what I’m capable of, especially in front of the Latin fans here. This is the culmination of years of work. I’m anxious to go out there and prove that I’m the champion and give the Latin fans the show that they deserve. He can say whatever he wants. I could care less if he wants to knock me out. Let’s go out there and see if he can withstand my punishment for 12 rounds."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-live-26943599

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gilberto Ramirez v the German starting now if anyone cares..German git comes out to Rammstein..not bad

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Figure we'll just mix it in, wanted to see Zurdo. Crazy it's a title eliminator though . Boots Ennis and Clayton on deck.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tim Tszyu and Sebastian Fundora likable on the mic. About time they start getting the 154 buzz!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ramirez is up against a punching bag here and, he looks a good size against this guy, although the Gerry looks a bit small..zurdo has long arms too, this isn't going to last long

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zurdo has added in a nice body attack in the third round and the German is nearly done, total mismatch..Ramirez has a great frame for this weight class by the look of him, he's not as good on his feet as Bicol is this though but he could surely pick up a belt somewhere, he doesn't look super quick either. Ref saying he's stopping the fight soon, probably won't make it to the end of the fourth. The time between round 3&4 seemed pretty long there

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

German fella looks like a welter weight real mismatch

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And there or goes, half way through the fourth round and down goes the Gerry under an assault and the ref stops it, total mismatch, zurdo took a couple of clean light punches to the face but I think he had given up on defence.

Thread Information