Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Derek Chisora v Deontay Wilder

Eddie Hearn believes Derek Chisora would beat Deontay Wilder.

Promoter Eddie Hearn has claimed that Derek Chisora can beat former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder if the pair meet in 2022.

Chisora, 38, has lost his last three fights, with defeat against Oleksandr Usyk followed by back-to-back losses against Joseph Parker.

Yet, despite the convincing nature of Chisora’s defeat against Parker last month in Manchester, Hearn still believes the beloved British heavyweight veteran could pose serious problems for Wilder.

Wilder has confirmed he will make a comeback this year after being knocked out by Tyson Fury in their stunning trilogy fight last October.

“I believe that Chisora, if he gets past three or four rounds, can actually beat Deontay Wilder,” Hearn told Pitch Boxing. “He would accept the fight with Wilder and it’s a good fight for Wilder.”

Speaking to TalkSport, Chisora also entertained the possibility. “I’m open to anything – I love fighting,” he said.

“What most people don’t understand is some people want to have the perception of being boxers on Instagram. I’m not that guy. I want to be that guy that when I sit down and everybody looks at my resume, I want to say, ‘You know what, I fought everybody.’

“I don’t want to let people decide for me, I decide for myself and be happy with the decision I make. So if I have to fight Deontay Wilder, if I have to fight whoever, if I have to fight an American, I don’t care. I’ll fight.”

Trainer Dave Coldwell however has insisted he would not want any role in preparing Chisora for a fight against such a dangerous opponent at this stage of his career.

“No, no, no. It’s not something I wanna see,” he said. “I think it’s just too hard a night for him.

“Derek’s Derek, and he’ll do what he wants to do. It doesn’t matter what anybody says, it’s the same as how he’s been all the way through his career.

“Yes, he will listen to people’s advice when it comes to opponents and things like that, but Derek wants to fight certain people. If he wants the fights, then they’ll happen. If I had my way, he wouldn’t be fighting Deontay Wilder, that’s for sure.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora v Deontay Wilder

This is a good comeback fight for Deontay. We will see what the Fury trilogy took out of him, and where he is at. He should win and will always be a murderous puncher- hopefully he takes the fight. The build up will be volatile also.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting fight, Wilder is a fearsome puncher and Chisora has a very good chin. It’s possible that Chisora keeps it at close range and billies Wilder on the inside until he folds.

I don’t see what’s in it for Wilder, though, it’s a bit of a lose/lose scenario for him and I don’t see why he would take the fight.

I”m also a bit fearful for Derek’s long term health these days too
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder should knock out Chisora brutally if they fought.

Chisora is a very rich gatekeeper and if he wants to continue getting paid well he has to take these big and dangerous challenges.

If Wilder loses, his career is effectively over.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Chisora is a very rich gatekeeper and if he wants to continue getting paid well he has to take these big and dangerous challenges.

Wilder is done. Old news. Chisora was never a top fighter, but very game. Hope Chisora wins, but couldn’t really give a fuck.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    This is a good comeback fight for Deontay. We will see what the Fury trilogy took out of him, and where he is at. He should win and will always be a murderous puncher- hopefully he takes the fight. The build up will be volatile also.

Agreed. No one knows until Wilder sets foot in the ring again.

Others who have lost have been given a second chance. I don't see why it should be any different with Wilder.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At first when I read this thread I thought it was happening but see it's just speculation.

What is the point in this fight ? There's none at all.

Wilder proves nothing by taking it and winning and as for Derek...as I've said before I really like the bloke but he has limited ability and I just don't get how he keeps getting these fights. He's game for sure and will guarantee the fans he will go for it but is 7-7 his last 14 fights and lost a third of all his fights ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    At first when I read this thread I thought it was happening but see it's just speculation.

Wilder proves nothing by taking it and winning and as for Derek...as I've said before I really like the bloke but he has limited ability and I just don't get how he keeps getting these fights. He's game for sure and will guarantee the fans he will go for it but is 7-7 his last 14 fights and lost a third of all his fights ??
    The fight doesn’t make sense from a “super fight” perspective, as it isn’t the same caliber as Fury-Usyk, Fury-AJ, Wilder-AJ…etc. It does make sense for Wilder and his team, however, for the following reasons:
    1. The biggest reason is what you stated- Chisora has a big personality but is beatable so he offers the perfect risk vs reward ratio. Deontay may have lost something in the Fury trilogy so Chisora represents that perfect/sweet spot that offers a good payday yet remains beatable for future paydays even if Wilder has slipped/faded.
    2. Wilder suffered horrific beatings in his last two fights with Fury, the last thing he should do at this point is get in the ring with a top fighter. Wilder needs to get his confidence back with a couple of knockouts before stepping in with the top fighters in the division- stepping right back in with Usyk or someone like that only hastens the decline.
    3. True boxing fans won’t be excited for this fight and will recognize it for what it is (comeback/hype fight), but casual fans will love it and it will sell. Chisora is volatile prior to a fight and creates animosity with his opponents by insulting them and often becoming physical with them. Wilder can be volatile as well and honestly behaves a little erratically and unstable at times- casual fans will eat this up and numbers will be good.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get all that. I think my biggest issue is understanding how Derek keeps getting these ppv fights. Ones he rarely wins.

Can't be doing him any good either.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight doesn’t make sense from a “super fight” perspective, as it isn’t the same caliber as Fury-Usyk, Fury-AJ, Wilder-AJ…etc. It does make sense for Wilder and his team, however, for the following reasons:
    1. The biggest reason is what you stated- Chisora has a big personality but is beatable so he offers the perfect risk vs reward ratio. Deontay may have lost something in the Fury trilogy so Chisora represents that perfect/sweet spot that offers a good payday yet remains beatable for future paydays even if Wilder has slipped/faded.
    2. Wilder suffered horrific beatings in his last two fights with Fury, the last thing he should do at this point is get in the ring with a top fighter. Wilder needs to get his confidence back with a couple of knockouts before stepping in with the top fighters in the division- stepping right back in with Usyk or someone like that only hastens the decline.
    3. True boxing fans won’t be excited for this fight and will recognize it for what it is (comeback/hype fight), but casual fans will love it and it will sell. Chisora is volatile prior to a fight and creates animosity with his opponents by insulting them and often becoming physical with them. Wilder can be volatile as well and honestly behaves a little erratically and unstable at times- casual fans will eat this up and numbers will be good.

Good points, as usual... but I think #3 is a bit harsh. I think there are other glaring things that separate the true boxing fans from the casuals. This IMO... is not necessarily one of them. Again I mention that Wilder had his way with everyone he ever faced until he met Fury. That in of itself shouldn't damn the guy for life. Every fighter has that one other fighter they just can't get past. Now, if someone is inclined to dismiss every single one of Wilder's previous opponents as taxi cab drivers... then I guess his losses to Fury were nothing more than Deontay finally facing a real professional fighter.

I think no one here argues in favor of Wilder being anywhere near a good boxer. But IMHO, he's tried mightily to fix some of the deficiencies in his game. The fact he tried several different approaches on Fury is testament to that. Many fighters have been one-trick ponies all the way to the end.

Let's think of the heavyweight division for a moment. This isn't exactly an Ali-Frazier-Foreman era. Wilder's already faced credible opposition in Stiverne and Ortiz. Sure... holes can be poked in ANY opponent. Just ask anyone here. But conjecture on how Deontay would now do against a Ruiz, a Chisora, a Parker, even a Joshua.... is just that... conjecture.

Casuals "eat up" hype, carefully picked opposition, and "A" side/ "B" side B.S. That... again IMHO... is what truly separates real boxing fans from the casuals.

I think we're burying Wilder before he ever gets the chance to step into the ring again. BTW... point # 2 is right on point.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Wilder is done. Old news. Chisora was never a top fighter, but very game. Hope Chisora wins, but couldn’t really give a fuck.
    lol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Good points, as usual... but I think #3 is a bit harsh. I think there are other glaring things that separate the true boxing fans from the casuals. This IMO... is not necessarily one of them. Again I mention that Wilder had his way with everyone he ever faced until he met Fury. That in of itself shouldn't damn the guy for life. Every fighter has that one other fighter they just can't get past. Now, if someone is inclined to dismiss every single one of Wilder's previous opponents as taxi cab drivers... then I guess his losses to Fury were nothing more than Deontay finally facing a real professional fighter.

I think no one here argues in favor of Wilder being anywhere near a good boxer. But IMHO, he's tried mightily to fix some of the deficiencies in his game. The fact he tried several different approaches on Fury is testament to that. Many fighters have been one-trick ponies all the way to the end.

Let's think of the heavyweight division for a moment. This isn't exactly an Ali-Frazier-Foreman era. Wilder's already faced credible opposition in Stiverne and Ortiz. Sure... holes can be poked in ANY opponent. Just ask anyone here. But conjecture on how Deontay would now do against a Ruiz, a Chisora, a Parker, even a Joshua.... is just that... conjecture.

Casuals "eat up" hype, carefully picked opposition, and "A" side/ "B" side B.S. That... again IMHO... is what truly separates real boxing fans from the casuals.

I think we're burying Wilder before he ever gets the chance to step into the ring again. BTW... point # 2 is right on point.
    After reading #3 again I agree that it was a bit harsh. I didn’t word it correctly and was more trying to say that while it isn’t as high on the list of anticipated (for purists/knowledgeable fans) fights as Usyk vs Fury, Bud vs Spence…etc., the PPV numbers will be high because casual fans will tune in because the build up will have a ton of drama and hype. I think Bud vs Spence is a great fight, but both guys are professionals and since they won’t act like fools at press conferences and attack each other…etc., the casual fans won’t have the interest and watch like they will Chisora vs Wilder.

Hope this one comes across better- was more trying to say that it will do good numbers because of the clips of Chisora spitting on Wilder, throwing chairs at him…etc. I agree with your point on Wilder’s competition also - the division isn’t that deep but he beat the best available until he met Fury. I still think only Usyk and Fury beat him at this point- but I’m happy he is taking on a gatekeeper to see what he has left and get his confidence back.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

After reading #3 again I agree that it was a bit harsh. I didn’t word it correctly and was more trying to say that while it isn’t as high on the list of anticipated (for purists/knowledgeable fans) fights as Usyk vs Fury, Bud vs Spence…etc., the PPV numbers will be high because casual fans will tune in because the build up will have a ton of drama and hype. I think Bud vs Spence is a great fight, but both guys are professionals and since they won’t act like fools at press conferences and attack each other…etc., the casual fans won’t have the interest and watch like they will Chisora vs Wilder.

Hope this one comes across better- was more trying to say that it will do good numbers because of the clips of Chisora spitting on Wilder, throwing chairs at him…etc. I agree with your point on Wilder’s competition also - the division isn’t that deep but he beat the best available until he met Fury. I still think only Usyk and Fury beat him at this point- but I’m happy he is taking on a gatekeeper to see what he has left and get his confidence back.

#3 WAS on my mind as well! LOL!

My other take is there was never in his lifetime a deep HW division to take on or avoid.

Where my take is different is that the variables of this fight- one B rated and one C rated fighter could never have one expose the other of any deficiencies. They've both have been exposed (for worse) or proven limited (for better). A loong time ago! LOL!

In other words, if Chisora got smashed in 30 seconds, I wouldn't call it the end for him & if Chisora rises 6x and outboxes the dickens out of Wilder- bust him up- I wouldn't discount Wilder as done with.
    I'd bill this as Foreman vs Lyle of Y2k22!
    I think Wilder wants to retire- but his ego may accept a Chisora fight.

Wilder's best fight- to prove his worth IMO is Ruiz.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anything this is a complete win win for Chisora and think he's as much A side as Wilder mere fact it's talked about. Pre-mid rounds v Parker II and the hype was he's officially done retired and Hearn would not see him thru again. Now it's Wilder almost same age and just a fraction of Chisora 'top' yrs logged talking retirement. That's a mindset. Just seems both can cash bigger bank elsewhere rather than cancel each other out being honest, they're not exactly that far apart when the yelling starts and punches start flying.

Thread Information