Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shakur Stevenson v Oscar Valdez

Stevenson dominating the centre of the ring and pushing Valdez back now in round 7.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deep deep hole for Valdez. Shooting short straight right very well but Stevenson owns all of that ring real-estate, front and back. Sharp and calculating very well. Oscar needs something explosive and final here because those cards are moot.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valdez has shown no head movement and fought in straight lines. Totally outclassed by Stevenson who looks too big and good for him.

8 nil

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Stevenson making it look like very easy work.

Stevenson knocks down Valdez in the 6th. Quality boxer.

Stevenson really is quality. Hit and not get hit.

The two female bricklayers earlier on can't really compare, can they. Sound and fury but not quality.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man..he had Oscar flinching after the lead. Terrible sign

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valdez gets a sympathy 10th round from me for trying to make a fight of it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

The two female bricklayers earlier on can't really compare, can they. Sound and fury but not quality.
    Same applies for us knuckle draggers too in fairness. Fans pick their attraction. Alycia Baumgardner is top quality hit and not get hit style but not exactly blowing up media.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Their fight was better and a lot closer than this.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Site went down again but Shakur Stevenson won UD and proposed to his partner. She said yes and he has had a very good day.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shakur Stevenson was celebrating before his fight with Oscar Valdez was even over, couldn’t fit all his belts on and teased a future bout with Devin Haney

In boxing, fighters often save their celebrations until after they hear the judges’ scorecards and can be certain of victory such is the history of suspect scoring in the sport.

For Shakur Stevenson, however, he put in such a dominant performance over Oscar Valdez that he was celebrating before the final bell had even rung.

Valdez was dominant throughout, establishing his jab early on and winning almost every round, along with a knockdown in round six.

In the final moments of the fight, Stevenson let the crowd know how confident he was of victory by running around the ring celebrating rather than engaging with Valdez.

Stevenson was certainly was proven right when the judges’ scorecards were announced, as it was a wide unanimous decision, with scores of 117-110, 118-109, 118-109.

Shortly after the result was announced, Stevenson was presented with his belts while giving a post-fight interview, but he had so many titles he could barely carry them all at once.

Prior to this latest bout, in terms of major titles, Stevenson had won the WBO featherweight and super featherweight titles.

Now, he has added the WBC super featherweight title and Ring Magazine belt to his collection.

In terms of what’s next for Stevenson, he spoke about becoming undisputed champion at super featherweight, which would mean taking on the WBA champion, Roger Gutierrez and the IBF title holder, Kenichi Ogawa.

Stevenson was also asked about a potential clash with Devin Haney, who is aiming to become the undisputed lightweight champion when he fights George Kambosos Jr on June 5th.

“My goal is to collect all the belts at 130lbs and become undisputed champion.” Stevenson said, “I deserve to be a superstar, so this is what I’ve got to do.”

“Devin is definitely a huge fight for me. Devin is a hell of a fighter and I’ve got nothing but respect and love for him, but we could line that up in the future too.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...t-devin-haney/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caught up with the highlights of this earlier. Stevenson really is the genuine article. Puts his combinations together well and has great movement. Credit to Valdez, he is no mug, but Stevenson timed him perfectly. Some great fights to be made around those weights.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little food for thought. When Loma was 7-1, a 2 weight champ and had not unified he was number 2 P4P.

Shakur is 18-0, a 2 weight champ and HAS unified

So if fair is fair don’t feel you’re giving too much credit by rating him highly. He is without a shadow of a doubt the best 130lb fighter out there. 126 too.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Little food for thought. When Loma was 7-1, a 2 weight champ and had not unified he was number 2 P4P.

Shakur is 18-0, a 2 weight champ and HAS unified

So if fair is fair don’t feel you’re giving too much credit by rating him highly. He is without a shadow of a doubt the best 130lb fighter out there. 126 too.

Shakur is as good as you say, and no one should underrate him. To be fair, however, I always thought Loma was rated too highly, too early, at p4p #2 with only 8 pro fights. But that's another argument.

Here's the thing about Shakur, and time to get on my soapbox.

Shakur was fighting QUALITY opposition, with impressive records of their own, 10 fights into his pro career.

THIS IS WHY I continue with my song and dance about fighters (don't worry... I won't name any names here) who fatten their 40-0 records with riff-raff... before ever facing credible opposition.

(I should mention Loma also started off mega remarkably well in that regard. Only that I don't think he should've been fighting for a belt 2 fights into his pro career.)

Another fighter worthy of his lofty p4p ranking..... Naoya Inoue. This guy has fought and beat a who's who of boxing in just over 20 pro fights. In fact... to me... HE should be the #1 p4p by a MILE.

But back to Shakur. Seems like he could easily hold all the belts at 130.

I wonder how he'd do if he moved up to 135.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oscar valdez wanted to slip a jab, but the kind of jab shakur stevenson was throwing is not a jab that can be slipped.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shakur made it an easy fight. he could probably unify but i could see robson getting a shot first. it's an in house fight so bob would be happy. unless the unifications can be done quick then shakur might need to look north to one thirty five. i can see bob trying to push the emanuel vaquero navarrete fight. i don't see that being competitive
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information