Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn’s ranking reinstated as drug testing issue resolved

ONOR BENN is reportedly set to sue British Boxing chiefs over the drama which saw his fight against Chris Eubank Jr collapse.

Benn was due to fight Eubank Jr on October 10 last year, before the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) KO'd the fight after Benn failed a drug test.

However, Benn, who vehemently protested his innocence, has now been cleared by the WBC after they accepted the cause of the failure was down to eating too many eggs.

According to the Daily Mail, a furious Benn is planning a £3.5million lawsuit against the BBBoC for the 50 per cent stake he was due from the reported £7m fight purse.

Benn told the Mail: "I’ve always been innocent and the Board have known about this for ages except they chose to call the show off two days before [it was due to take place].

"There’s been other fighters in the past who have tested positive under UKAD (UK Anti-Doping), and the board have done nothing. They’ve still been allowed to fight.

"It’s just strange to me that VADA – the Voluntary Anti-doping Organisation that I employed myself for this fight – they’ve [the BBBoC] taken notice of other fighters who have failed the Board's own testing agencies.

"It is just baffling to me. I don’t know if there’s an agenda there or if they’re out for me because my dad [Nigel Benn] ripped up his British boxing licence on TV."

Benn followed in his father's footsteps in ripping up his boxing licence as his doping row escalated.

Traces of the banned substance Clomiphene, which is sometimes used in egg production for hens, was discovered in VADA urine samples.

Benn submitted a 270-page document to the WBC protesting his innocence in December, highlighting that he passed a pair of UKAD tests taken around the same time.

The organisation have now re-instated the 26-year-old after he appealed, and published a lengthy statement explaining their decision.

They found that a "highly-elevated consumption of eggs" was a "reasonable explanation" for the findings.

Benn added: "It’s killed me [emotionally], definitely.

"It’s like people have been waiting for something. People have been waiting for this. There are people who know me, know my team, and they know what we represent. It’s all just crazy."

Despite being cleared, Benn is still unable to fight in the UK due to an ongoing investigation from UKAD and the BBBofC.

The highly-anticipated clash was set to see a new generation rematch of Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank, so had a special fervour among British boxing fans.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21517...-eubank-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has proved absolutely fuck all. Just because the corrupt WBC are happy to accept this fallacy, doesn’t mean anybody has been cleared. Boxing is fucked.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simon Jordan insists that Conor Benn needs to prove his innocence to the British Boxing Board of Control following his two positive drugs tests.

“The only route to prove it is to sit in front of the British Boxing Board of Control and to provide them with sufficient evidence to get past the strict liability obligation that he has to [in order to] be licenced by the British Boxing Board of Control.

“The WBC have no jurisdiction here. They’re a sanctioning body, they don’t have any licencing authority.

“If they’ve chosen to lower the burden of proof to suggest that eggs and a diet that he didn’t disclose last year when he was asked about his diet – he was asked about his diet, eggs weren’t a featured part of it besides the fact he has an omelette every now and again.

“If they want to suggest that burden of proof – which naturally would’ve [been] followed through on by saying, ‘Okay, where were his eggs supplied by? Which was the producer?’

“Tracing the trail like the athlete Shelby Houlihan (Olympic runner) had to do – and she was still banned by the athletics authorities in America because she had the obligation upon her.

“Strict liability is a very key phrase. The British Boxing Board of Control put out a press statement directly after the WBC allowed Conor to go back into their rankings.

“But this handling of this situation from the lawyers he’s engaged with Mike Morgan, to the manner in which they’ve engaged with the British Boxing Board of Control, to the behaviour of the promoters.

“Only Conor Benn can answer the question, only Conor Benn can respond to the allegation that his power has increased dramatically over the past two years.

“I would like to think that he wasn’t [taking banned substances].

“The problem is when you’ve got a strict liability obligation upon you, which they have…

“If you’re innocent of something, you don’t need to tie people up in legal knots. They haven’t proven their innocence.

“That [the WBC ruling] is not the burden of proof to be licenced by the British Boxing Board of Control…

“The dietary argument. I’m not suggesting that it isn’t true. What I’m suggesting is – prove it. Don’t just say it, prove it.

“Where did those eggs come from? Because clomifene doesn’t feature in eggs in this country, it only features in eggs from America. Was he buying his eggs from America?

“You should be able to trace those eggs back that he’s supposedly taken.

“Because the same way that Shelby Houlihan, the responsibility was put on her using very specific terminology – strict liability – what’s in your body, you have to be able to explain.

“You have to be able to explain it unequivocally, undeniably. You can’t just throw it up in the air and go, ‘It was eggs.’ You’ve got to be able to prove the trail.

“This girl in America got private investigators on it, to find out the burritos that she ate in a store in America were infused with nandrolone because they’d mistakenly put boar’s meat into it.

“And yet still she got a four-year ban because the obligation was upon her.

“In the WBC’s world they say, ‘Give us whatever you think is a credible explanation. Okay, eggs? Fine. We can’t prove you didn’t eat eggs so that’s fine.’

“The British Boxing Board of Control are going, ‘No, no, no, no. You’ve got to do more. And not only have you got to do more, you’ve got to come and see us.'”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ce-drug-tests/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn has slammed the ‘serious and troubling’ testing procedures in a statement where he’s given his version of events amid his failed doping tests.

The British Boxing Board of Control prohibited his planned fight against Chris Eubank Jr from taking place after Benn twice registered positive results for the banned substance clomifene in VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) drugs tests last year.

There have been two separate investigations into the tests – one by the WBC sanctioning body and one by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC)/UKAD (UK Anti-Doping).

Benn’s representatives have co-operated with the WBC investigation by providing them with a 270-page document fighting his case.

The World Boxing Council reinstated Benn into their welterweight world rankings and revealed he will face no punishment last week.

It was ruled that there is ‘no conclusive evidence’ he intentionally or knowingly ingested clomifene and accepted Benn’s ‘highly-elevated consumption of eggs’ as a ‘reasonable explanation’ for positive tests.

In light of the decision, talkSPORT’s Simon Jordan called on the son of former middleweight champion Nigel Benn to prove his innocence to the BBBoC.

But in a lengthy statement on his social media, Benn criticised the testing procedures, claiming that he believes the banned substance was never in his system at all, while also slamming the BBBoC for treating him with ‘utter contempt’ during the process.

Benn said: “The WBC have declared me innocent of being a drugs cheat. I am grateful for the ultimate finding. It was the right decision and it was the only one I was willing to accept … My only frustration is that the manner in which I’ve been cleared has seemed to create further questions and add further fuel to baseless negative speculation.

“In my defence to the WBC and the 270-page report provided to them, at no point did I indicate that I failed any VADA tests because of contaminated eggs.”

He added: “However, I feel like the WBC statement did a disservice to my defence which was based upon a comprehensive scientific review of the testing procedures, which set out a number of reasons why we believed the results were completely unreliable, and proved beyond any reasonable doubt that I am innocent.

“The report prepared by my science and legal team contained extensive analysis of both tests and concluded that there was clear evidence of fundamental flaws and irregularities.

“By way of just one example, my sample appears to have come back clear the first three times it was tested. Without explanation, it was retested again after nine days and only then did it show a trace positive result. It should only have been tested once!”

The statement added: “These critical findings were endorsed by an independent expert scientist who provides accreditation to laboratories, and his opinion was that the many issues were so troubling and serious that the lab could lose its accreditation. My team will be referring the issues to the relevant accrediting body so it can make its own determination.

“For what it’s worth, and contrary to the media speculation at the time, I requested the B samples be tested at the earliest opportunity. Because of the importance of trying to get to the bottom of what had happened I arranged for a scientist to fly across the world to attend the testing procedure in person (as you’re allowed to do under the rules) and unbelievably she was not even allowed to be in the room when the test results came through. How’s that for transparency?

“I have been advised that’s a major breach of an athlete’s rights and had it been necessary to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport on this case to prove my innocence, that alone would have meant the test results were dismissed.”

Benn continued: “I am convinced the substance was never in my system and I certainly never knowingly ingested.

“I am told it’s something that supposedly stays in the body for months, and yet barely a week after failing a VADA test, I passed a UKAD test.

“I have never previously failed any kind of anti-doping test, and passed multiple tests with both UKAD and VADA in close proximity to the two tests that returned adverse findings. This adds further proof to my belief that the findings were testing errors.”

On the BBBoC, Benn said: “For those who have gave me their unwavering support I will forever be grateful. For those who said they would wait for a verdict before deciding I was guilty, I appreciate your patience.

“As for the BBBoC, they attacked me publicly and privately during the most difficult time of my life, treating me with utter contempt and without any consideration for fair process or my mental state.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...rd-of-control/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear Conor has now officially changed his name to Cool Hand Luke.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could have been a dozen large brown or maybe speckled. The extra large brown eggs can really do the job. It looks like he had a lot of omelets and eggs benedict

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Connor Henn will fight again for Hatchroom boxing ….. you heard it here first
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Connor Henn will fight again for Hatchroom boxing ….. you heard it here first
    That's a good yolk.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn says he has "serious concerns" about the testing system in boxing after the WBC ruled his failed drugs test was not "intentional".

Benn, 26, also criticised the conduct of the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) as he tried to clear his name.

The WBC ruled "there were no failures in procedures" connected to Benn's sample but he disputed that claim.

"My sample appears to have come back clear the first [time] it was tested," Benn said in a post on social media.

"Without explanation, it was retested again after nine days and only then did it show a trace positive result."

Benn failed two voluntary drug tests for the female fertility drug clomifene before his cancelled October 2022 bout with Chris Eubank Jr.

"I have never previously failed any kind of anti-doping test, and passed multiple tests with both Ukad (UK Anti-Doping) and Vada (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) in close proximity to the two tests that returned adverse findings.

"This adds further proof to my belief that the findings were testing errors."

He added: "Everything that I have learnt during this process from talking to many experts gives me serious concerns about the whole testing system in the sport.

"Anti-doping protections are obviously extremely important, but so is ensuring people are given due process and presumed innocent until proven guilty."

The WBC said Benn's failed test could have been caused by a "highly-elevated consumption of eggs".

"At no point did I indicate that I failed any Vada tests because of contaminated eggs," said Benn.

"As part of its lengthy investigation, the WBC instructed its own experts to review my supplements and diet, and they concluded that egg contamination was the most likely cause.

"Those experts have seen this issue arise in elite athletes across other sports, and I have no reason to question their analysis when it concludes I am not a cheat."

Benn is still under investigation by Ukad and the BBBofC and is unable to fight in the United Kingdom as he does not have a boxing licence.

In terms of the BBBofC, he was critical of the governing body and accused it of attacking him and "treating me with utter contempt".

Benn added: "I wouldn't wish for my worst enemy to experience what me and my family have gone through, but next time I step into the ring I will be mentally tougher than I ever was before."

Following the WBC ruling into Benn's case, the BBBofC said it was aware of the findings and said "the WBC is a sanctioning body and not a governing body".

It added: "The decision of the WBC does not affect the ongoing implementation of the BBBofC's rules."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64805877

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“It’s hurt me, it’s hurt me this has,” Benn said in an interview with Piers Morgan on Talk TV. “I didn’t think I was going to make it through this period.

“I was shamed for something I hadn’t even done, it’s hard because I felt like I was on death row for something I haven’t even done.

“If I had done something wrong I’m human, I’d raise my hands to it ‘I made a mistake’, whatever it is I raise my hands. Never this, and I felt seven years of hard work and sacrifice and leaving my family and the image I maintain was just ruined at somebody else’s incompetence. It’s been hard for the family.”

The welterweight admitted that the saga had left him with suicidal thoughts: “I didn’t think I’d see another day. Yeah [I was feeling suicidal], yeah I’d say so, and it upsets me now because I don’t know how I got so bad.

“I got in a really bad way about it. You’ve got to remember, if you think I’m innocent or if you don’t think I’m innocent, I am innocent.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f05eb87&ei=166

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little Benn v PAC man is Saudi Arabia?... 'ow queer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love deviled eggs and a sucker for fat omelets. Never aware I was running the risk of becoming a bulky no-neck Minecraft character overnight . And Eddies all on board with the head in the sand puppet tour? What a guy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had been avoiding reading about this shitshow but couldn't help myself.

The WBC really covering themselves in glory here.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    “It’s hurt me, it’s hurt me this has,” Benn said in an interview with Piers Morgan on Talk TV. “I didn’t think I was going to make it through this period.

“I was shamed for something I hadn’t even done, it’s hard because I felt like I was on death row for something I haven’t even done.

“If I had done something wrong I’m human, I’d raise my hands to it ‘I made a mistake’, whatever it is I raise my hands. Never this, and I felt seven years of hard work and sacrifice and leaving my family and the image I maintain was just ruined at somebody else’s incompetence. It’s been hard for the family.”

The welterweight admitted that the saga had left him with suicidal thoughts: “I didn’t think I’d see another day. Yeah [I was feeling suicidal], yeah I’d say so, and it upsets me now because I don’t know how I got so bad.

“I got in a really bad way about it. You’ve got to remember, if you think I’m innocent or if you don’t think I’m innocent, I am innocent.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f05eb87&ei=166
    I watched the interview and I’m interested what other people think. Credit to Piers Morgan , he didn’t lick his ass like he did with Cristiano Ronaldo. But he didn’t completely roast him either, which I understand.
    He wouldn’t let him off the hook about why he hasn’t given his 270 page dossier to the BBBOC ? And Benn looked pretty silly regurgitating the same old shit.
    Basically Benn has probably been paid a good amount of dough for this interview, but it’ll come back to bite him in the ass.
    Morgan did correct Benn when he said he had been cleared, which was embarrassing for Benn.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn vs Simon Jordan: Watch back heated showdown live in talkSPORT studio as pair have fiery debate over Conor Benn situation.

This is a good listen.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ull-talksport/

Thread Information