1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn’s ranking reinstated as drug testing issue resolved

Conor Benn’s ranking will be reinstated as drug testing issue is resolved

Conor Benn’s ranking will be reinstated as drug testing issue is resolved

Benn was removed from the WBC welterweight rankings after failing to enrol in the VADA programme, but his promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed he will be registered shortly

Conor Benn will be back in the WBC welterweight rankings in the coming days after a paperwork issue saw him fail to register for their drug-testing programme.

Benn, one of three Brits to be removed after missing out on registering for the governing body's 'Clean Boxing Programme', simply failed to fill out the requisite paperwork to be enrolled in the VADA testing pool.

His promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed to Mirror Fighting that he is one of many fighters who has yet to fill out forms, and says he is tested regularly by UKAD.

"It's just that he missed out on some paperwork," Hearn said at a press conference for Michael Conlan vs Leigh Wood in Belfast today.

"There are a dozen fighters who haven't filled out the form, it's generally sent to a manager or trainer, sometimes it doesn't even get to the fighter.

"We spoke to them last night, they're going to fill out the forms today and they'll be back in.

"He's on full UKAD 365-day-a-year random testing which is 20 times more stringent than the WBC programme, which is still good for boxing."

Benn, along with No.7 ranked cruiserweight Chris Billam-Smith and No.9 ranked bantamweight Lee McGregor, were all removed from the WBC rankings on Wednesday.

Josh Warrington's rival Mauricio Lara, ranked No.4 at featherweight, was also removed, along with Mario Barrios who is No.10 at super lightweight.

"WBC Clean Boxing Program administered by VADA, has reported to the WBC ratings committee that after multiple attempts to enroll a variety of fighters and after the grace period has lapsed for registration," a statement read.

"Consequently the following fighters have been taken out of The WBC rankings. They will have the opportunity to enroll in the program and be considered by the ratings committee."

Benn is expected to return to the ring in April, with Hearn saying that a fight with Adrien Broner is now all but abandoned.

"He's now become such a big draw in the UK that I'd like him to headline his own show," Hearn continued.

"Broner is still available but he'd like a warm-up fight first and I don't think that is a route we want to go down."

Benn improved to 20-0 in December of last year when he brutally knocked out former world champion Chris Algieri in front of a packed crowd in Liverpool.

Algieri, who had gone the distance with Manny Pacquiao during his effort to become a two-weight champion back in 2014, had only been stopped once prior in his career.

The American was dropped in the second before being stopped in the fourth by Benn with a vicious right hand.

The viral knockout has catapulted Benn into a very favourable position as a welterweight, and he is now eyeing up bouts with the likes of Robert Guerrero and Shawn Porter.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-news-26003858
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn’s ranking reinstated as drug testing issue resolved

Benn and his team believe potential contamination is to blame for the two positive tests, with the 26-year-old writing on Instagram on Monday: "Been through hell and back.

"Thank God for science. The evidence doesn't lie. No holes in the truth."

It didn't take long for Eubank Jr to respond to Benn's post, which he mocked as he shared it to his own Instagram page.

Next Gen wrote: "I’m pretty sure it was science that detected the illegal substances in your system on two separate occasions Conor.

"So yes absolutely thank god for science… otherwise I would of been fighting the hulk a few months ago!!"

Benn's protestations of his innocence have been supported by the fact he returned two negative tests.

The Destroyer has yet to be sanctioned by the British Boxing Board of Control or the World Boxing Council for his pair of failed tests - which were conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency.

But he's sent over a whopping 270-page report to the WBC which he hopes will clear his name and shine a light on an alleged contamination of his sample by VADA.

Promoter Eddie Hearn has remained steadfast in his support of Benn, who he believes will be back in the ring "sooner" than expected.

He told iD Boxing: "I can’t wait because I think a lot of people will be surprised by what’s about to come out about Conor Benn.

"I think he’s going to be fighting sooner than you think.

"If he does receive a ban, which from the information that we have, I don’t think it’s necessarily it’s fair.

"But if it is, I don’t think it’s going to be a long ban at all.

“I don’t want to be too cocksure, but I think it’s going to be really interesting about what comes out here.

“I think there’s a very good chance that he won’t be receiving a ban."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21071...est-eubank-jr/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently it was down to eating too many eggs!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

conor benedict
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wasn't conor saying he was a vegan last year?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolute horseshat. This sport has run out of feet to shoot itself in and own eyes to blacken. Sulaiman might as well be some front man for a crime syndicate.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Sport

Is this the Hen that caused Benn to be a killer in the ring in the last two years then ?

I would not want to be hit by a left hook from a chicken.

You literally need to catch a boxer with the needle/IV still attached to him to make the charges stick these days. Even then they’d probably say “I tripped” and get away with it

Robert Smith from the BBofBC sounded like he was taking a tough stance in his interview with Simon Jordan. In reality, like the WBC he's just going to fold over and clear him to fight.

Now we'll get Matchroom demanding an apology from everyone. Benn will do his IFL interview "It was vendetta, a witch hunt Kuugs"

No one believes that clomid was in his system from eating eggs. The man failed and was found with the shxt in his system on TWO DIFFERENT occasions, and suddenly there's no conclusive evidence ? Would the WBC and VADA would accept the eggs explanation from a fighter with a lower profile or commercial appeal than Benn ?

Happen. Not. Gonna

In most sports, if you test positive for a banned substance, it is on you as an athlete to prove that you ingested it unknowingly. Boxing has flipped it - now, corrupt organizations give athletes free passes by not proving that they ingested it knowingly. Big difference.

Comeback opponent for Conor Hen (Sorry) Benn ? Sam Eggington ? (no more egg jokes) Faded non puncher with a name. Just how Eddie likes em

Attached Images
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-24-2023 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CONOR BENN'S claims that a "high consumption of eggs" led to his failed drugs tests have been accepted by the WBC - but he can still only fight outside of the UK.

British boxing was thrown into chaos just days before Benn's grudge fight against Chris Eubank Jr in October when news of the adverse findings broke.

Despite legal teams on both sides throwing everything at it, the fight, and the entire promotion, was scrapped.

Benn vehemently protested his innocence, and although he was never BANNED from boxing, UKAD and the British Boxing Board of Control opened an investigation.

Benn subsequently ripped up his British boxing licence over the escalating doping row.

The WBC removed Benn from their rankings after traces of the banned substance Clomiphene was discovered in VADA urine samples.

Clomiphene is sometimes used to increase egg production in hens.

It can then be passed on to humans on digestion.

Benn submitted a 270-page document to the WBC protesting his innocence in December, highlighting that he passed a pair of UKAD tests taken around the same time.

And the organisation have now re-instated the 26-year-old after he appealed, and published a lengthy statement explaining their decision.

It reads: "The WBC found that: (1) there was no conclusive evidence that Mr Benn engaged in intentional or knowing ingestion of Clomiphene.

"(2) there were no failures in the procedures related to sample collection, sample analysis, or violations of Mr Benn’s B Sample rights that would justify questioning or invalidating the Adverse Finding.

"And (3) Mr Benn’s documented and highly-elevated consumption of eggs during the times relevant to the sample collection, raised a reasonable explanation for the Adverse Finding."

Benn, son of the legendary former world champ Nigel, is still under investigation by UKAD and the BBBofC, meaning he can still not fight on these shores.

But the WBC's move means he could lace up the gloves to fight in another country.

Speaking to SunSport previously, Benn admitted to eating "around 35-40 eggs a week" and believes this, or "contamination" is the only answer to the failed tests.

He explained: “The test was taken at the end of July, and I found out at the end of August.

“I passed all my UKAD tests, which people aren’t talking about. I’ve passed all my tests in and out of camp - I’ve been pro seven years. Never failed a test.

“I signed up to VADA in February, so it doesn’t make any sense. Why would I take something then?

"Trace amounts were found. The tiniest of traces. The only thing I can think is contamination.

“I’ve not taken anything. I never have done, never would. It’s not what I stand for, it’s not what my team stands for.

"Why would I take the biggest fight of my life, sign up for to VADA, voluntary anti-doping, and then this substance? If you Google this substance it stays in your system for months.

"Do I look like an idiot?"

The BBBofC have since released their own statement, keen to point out that the WBC is "a sanctioning body and not a governing body".

They add: "The BBBoC has adopted the UK Anti-Doping Rules published by UK Anti-Doping, and those formed part of the rules to which Mr Benn was bound.

"As such, the decision of the WBC does not affect the ongoing implementation of the BBBoC’s rules (and those of UKAD).

"The UK Anti-Doping Rules make clear what conduct constitutes an Anti-Doping Rule Violation as defined in those rules (and in the World Anti-Doping Code) and specifically set out the circumstances in which such violations can be committed by way of strict liability."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21480...test-eggs-wbc/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn has responded after being mocked by Domino’s Pizza on social media in the wake of his drugs tests ruling from the WBC.

The 26-year-old twice registered positive for the banned substance clomifene in VADA drugs tests last year, causing his planned bout with Chris Eubank Jr in October to be cancelled.

On Wednesday, the WBC announced that they will be reinstating Benn into their welterweight world rankings.

They stated in their ruling that they could find “no conclusive evidence” to confirm he intentionally or knowingly ingested clomifene.

The WBC accepted Benn’s “highly-elevated consumption of eggs” as a “reasonable explanation” for his positive tests.

This outcome has raised eyebrows across the boxing world.

There is still a separate investigation ongoing from the BBBofC (British Boxing Board of Control) and UKAD (UK Anti-Doping) which could yet see Benn receive a ban.

As things stand though, this remains unresolved and so Benn is free to fight, albeit not in the UK on a BBBofC-sanctioned card.

There was plenty of reaction on social media on Wednesday, with Benn’s name being one of the top trends in the UK for several hours.

Upon seeing this, multiple brands sent tweets about the topic.

One of these was Domino’s Pizza.

The takeaway outlet mocked up an image off an egg-covered pizza and tweeted it with the caption: “Introducing the Conor Benn special.”

Benn did not take kindly to the mockery.

He responded by tweeting back: “I actually prefer @PizzaHut.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...bc-drugs-eggs/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn has suggested that he has no interest in boxing Chris Eubank Jr in the future, despite the pair being scheduled to fight one another before Benn’s drug-test saga.

A user asked the welterweight in an Instagram comment, “So what’s on, is @chriseubankjr ready or is he still eating kfc[?],” referencing a joke made by Eubank Jr during his weight-cut for the Benn fight.

And Benn replied, “[He] got off lightly. I don’t want [Liam] smiths leftovers.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cbce30bb2a5c7f

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before we get too harsh on the guy, I can personally vouch for the fact that I went to a breakfast buffet with jarrell Big baby Miller in Brooklyn, and there were unlimited omelets and eggs benedict which had a very strange taste after you ate three or four eggs, kind of a metallic taste like some sort of metal or almost like a chlorine flavor and it was shortly after this that he tested positive. Even I experienced a kind of increase in strength after that breakfast buffet with all those eggs in Brooklyn, because when I was leaving the buffet, a guy spat on the sidewalk too close to my new shoes, and I knocked him out with one left hook, without even twisting my hip into the punch. Those eggs are the real deal

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's the point of drug testing anymore?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    The real point is we have to test the eggs and the steak from Guadalajara

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    The real point is we have to test the eggs and the steak from Guadalajara
    don't forget the nasal spray

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Absolute horseshat. This sport has run out of feet to shoot itself in and own eyes to blacken. Sulaiman might as well be some front man for a crime syndicate.
    This is eggsactly what I mean when I (boringly) bang on about hype and bullshit in pro boxing, I am eggsasperated. Master quotes the normal from Sun/Mirror, Mail today has Conor doing a love island pose and showing his tattoos, all journos responsible having been given free family and friends ringside tickets whilst we mugs pay 500 quid. To cap it all the hypemaster general Barry Herne bay, Herne it all before, Hernin on the ridiculous, thats enough hernin, hypes up Conor Eggs'r'Us before he's got a BBOC ticket, any bets on him not getting one? You could be boaring and raise previous well managed drug issues.....
    Its all a bloody media game now, sad for the genuine lower level pros without hype machines taking their percentages.
    PS I forgot, its eggscrutiating, and stop egging me on or I'll get worse.

Thread Information