Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jared ‘Big Baby’ Anderson

Jared ‘Big Baby’ Anderson is a heavyweight with a 100 per cent KO ratio, likened to Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson.

JARED ANDERSON is the heavyweight with 100 per cent knockouts, drawing legendary comparisons and tipped as the heir to Tyson Fury.

The American prospect is 11-0, all inside the distance and helped Fury with vital sparring before the Brit's 2020 and 2021 victories over Deontay Wilder.

And according to his promoter Bob Arum, Anderson will soon inherit the Gypsy King's throne.

Hall of Famer Arum - who has overseen seven decades in the sport - guided some of the most iconic names in all of boxing.

That includes Muhammad Ali while the promoter witnessed first-hand Mike Tyson in 1986 become the youngest heavyweight champion of all time at 20.

And 90-year-old Arum likened Anderson to the pair of heavyweight greats.

He told Sky Sports: "Mike Tyson was a tremendous puncher who didn't show much boxing ability.

"Jared has shown boxing ability and power. He reminds me more of a young Muhammad Ali than a young Mike Tyson."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17410...ke-tyson-fury/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jared ‘Big Baby’ Anderson

I think one thing we in the States are long overdue to get away from is likening a guy to Mike Tyson . It hasn't worked out. I like Jared think he is the goods. But he's knocking out who he's supposed to knock out right now and looks pretty fluid doing it. Reminds a bit of early Bowe if anything . Actually floored that he isn't ranked in any of the top 15 all things considered. Lots of time though at 22. Keep it smart and ride the exposure without getting a fat head building off work with Fury.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

American heavyweight sensation Jared Anderson can "take over" in the UK when he returns from injury this summer, says Top Rank president Todd DuBoef.

A rising American star, Anderson is recovering well, with a date being lined up for him to box in August, and then his promotional team aim to bring the undefeated contender to Britain.

One of the key sparring partners for WBC champion Tyson Fury, the 22-year-old prospect is highly regarded in the sport. Eleven contests into his pro career, he has won every one of his bouts so far inside the distance.

DuBoef on what could bring Tyson Fury backAnderson will soon be 'equipped to beat' WilderMore boxing news and updates here
    Todd DuBoef, president of Top Rank, Anderson's promoters, told Sky Sports, "He's young, he's got charisma, he's got a lot of it. He's got incredible athletic ability. So he's one of those guys that you put on your radar screen and you say, 'Let's see where this goes.' Because he could be something special."

His injury is mending well. "But he's still young and whenever guys come off injuries you never know what's going to happen," DuBoef added. "Jared, he's going to have a quick recovery and he'll be back in action this coming August."

DuBoef believes Anderson will relish the opportunity to fight a UK rival in the near future.

"I think without a doubt," DuBoef said. "Where you're talking about a heavyweight-rich country, where the UK has had some wonderful heavyweights that are still fighting there, you can have some great matches and we believe that just amplifies the overall process of building a fighter.

"He's starting to get some traction and build a following here [in the US]. I think his big Madison Square Garden entrance, with the top hat and the swagger, went over great. I think he could take over the UK pretty quickly."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...5a9fd6ed75918f
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frankly wish this guy would've adopted a different nickname, seeing as to how "Big Baby" is already tainted courtesy of the perpetual drug cheat, Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller. "Jared" and "Jarrell" are pretty similar also, FFS.

If I'm gonna be honest, I wish they'd scrap that "Big Baby" moniker altogether.

Nothing like a vision of a blubbery heavyweight in diapers and throwing a tantrum, to conjure thoughts of boxing greatness, eh?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jared has a lot going for him & is young & talented. his level of opposition is still poor so i'll have to wait & see how he performs against stiffer competition
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information