Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Christian Hammer

Tete knocks out Cunningham brutally. Thankfully he is ok.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce taking too many punches but just walking through them to beat Hammer. He knocked Hammer down in the 4th round and stops him in the 5th with 3 knock downs to the body.

Joyce is not skilled and very raw but too big and strong for most heavyweights today.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANTHONY JOSHUA has warned friend-turned-foe Joe Joyce to forget about their potential fight — and just worry about flogging todger trimmers!

Watford ace AJ, 32, is trying to focus on an August 20 rematch with WBA, IBF and WBO champion Oleksandr Usyk, 35, but has caught wind of his old Team GB sparring partner’s prickly taunts.

The usually reserved Joyce, 36, has labelled AJ a chinny businessman who got lucky at the Olympics and needs a miracle to beat the Ukraine southpaw.

Joshua hit back after spotting a June social media advert by the Juggernaut for electric trimmers.

Joshua, who is sponsored by Lucozade and Hugo Boss, said: “We’re all trying to promote something and be businessmen — he’s promoting balls trimmers, I don’t.

“What’s good for him is not for me. I don’t cuss him for it so he needs to just focus on himself.”

Joyce feels AJ got a few hometown decisions on his way to London 2012 gold and fast-tracked to a world title, while he had to chip away after disputed judging at Rio 2016 left him with a silver.

The Putney star has shown a freakishly tough chin to be WBO No 1 but AJ says it is his sharp tongue that has put him on his hit list.

He said: “I definitely don’t have a chin like Joe Joyce and I definitely wouldn’t want to take the punches he takes either.

“But good luck to him. He’s on my hit list but all in good time, he’ll get what’s coming to him.

“I think he needs the fight because he’s older. He’s had 13 fights, I was looking at his record and it’s not much, is it? So I think he needs it.”

If Joyce does get a shot at AJ, he will have the Baddest Man on the Planet to thank.

Joshua said: “Prize- fighting is about honouring your brothers in the sport, giving them an opportunity to make a living — that’s what the great Mike Tyson said.

“It’s what prize-fighting is about and, if I live by what my icons told me, 100 per cent I’ll give Joe a chance.”

AJ has axed long-time mentor Rob McCracken for the Jeddah rematch with Usyk and replaced him with Mexican- American Robert Garcia.

So Tyson Fury’s offer to train him for the £100million clash has been firmly blanked.

The undefeated WBC heavyweight champ, 33, insists he is retired but he is training twice a day and expected to race into a fight with the winner of AJ and Usyk’s sequel.

Joshua said: “He’s an interesting character but I wouldn’t take his help.

“I’ve done my thing, he’s done his and good luck to him now.”

And with the chance to teach Fury a lesson if he reclaims his world titles next month, AJ added: “He will come back for sure and if he wants the fight, then it’s on.

“It is not up to us, as he has got to make that decision for him.

“But I’m sure he will fight again.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19073...ball-trimmers/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that zolani knockout was bonza. joe just keeps coming
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A black heavyweight batters white heavyweight. Ain’t seen that for while. AJ you watching ? Been used to seeing Fury smacking around black fighters and b4 him Wlad n Vitali.

Canelo ? Never mind blk fighters, he doesn’t even wanna fight his own Latino fighters, strictly white euros n white Americans for him these days.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-04-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    A black heavyweight batters white heavyweight. Ain’t seen that for while. AJ you watching ? Been used to seeing Fury smacking around black fighters and b4 him Wlad n Vitali.

Canelo ? Never mind blk fighters, he doesn’t even wanna fight his own Latino fighters, strictly white euros n white Americans for him these days.
    only racists concern themselves with colour
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Sanchez says Joe Joyce is 'too slow' to threaten his world title ambitions and believes a fight with the British heavyweight is inevitable.

Joyce cemented his position as the No 1 challenger for the WBO title with a fourth-round stoppage of Christian Hammer on Saturday night.

But Sanchez looms large as a potential opponent, sitting at No 3 in the WBO rankings, and has dismissed the threat posed by 'Juggernaut' Joyce.

"Joe Joyce and I will cross paths 100 per cent, there is no question about that. The only question is will it be this year or next year," Sanchez told Sky Sports.

"The Joyce fight will look very similar to [Efe] Ajagba. He is very big and strong, but too slow for me, slower than Ajagba. He will be no problem for me."

The Cuban floored Efe Ajagba in a masterful points win last October, then dropped Hammer while earning a unanimous decision in his most recent victory in January.

All of Sanchez's fights have been based in America, but he is open to facing Joyce in the UK.

"We will see. I have faith in my team to handle the the business side," said Sanchez, who is co-managed by Mike Borao and Lupe Valencia.

"I am now preparing for a fight at the end of August with Joe Goosen on PBC. PBC have been loyal in my corner and I see a big future with them and Al Haymon.

"If the right opportunity presents itself, let's say for a WBO world title, I have no problem going to the UK to fight Joyce, but we will see what the future brings.

"The only thing I know is by next year I will have a world championship, of this I am certain."

Joyce has voiced his desire to challenge the winner when Oleksandr Usyk defends his WBO, IBF and WBA titles in next month's rematch with Anthony Joshua in Jeddah.

"What a performance, I enjoyed it so much," Joyce said. "I'm top-level ready for the world stage.

"I'm ready for all-comers and I'm looking to fight the winner of AJ-Usyk, maybe Tyson Fury. I'm at that level."

Joseph Parker, ranked at No 2 by the WBO, says he remains eager to share the ring with Joyce.

"The fight with Joe Joyce is a fight I'd love to make. But do you know what it comes down to? It comes down to egos. I know I've signed with BOXXER and Sky and Joyce is with BT and Frank Warren, but why can't we make it happen?" Parker said.

"There's many examples of other fighters that are signed with this team and signed with [another] team, they all come together and make it happen. Why can't we make it happen? It's a great fight.

"Why don't we lock it in and actually fight?"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...6085f1cf7fbbb5

Thread Information