Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr

Conor Benn and Chris Eubank Jr call for historic fight 32 years after dads met.

Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn fought over 30 years ago and the ring legends could pass down their rivalry to their sons as the pair have teased a future fight

Three decades after their dads first met in the ring, Conor Benn and Chris Eubank Jr have teased a potential fight in the future.

The pair's dads, Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn, first met in 1990 as Eubank extended his unbeaten record by knocking out Benn in a thrilling fight.

Over 40,000 people attended Old Trafford to watch the rematch dubbed 'Judgement Day' three years later, which would end in a split draw.

A widely discussed trilogy never took place, with the pair's hatred for each other marking one of the many great rivalries in British boxing history.

But their rivalry could potentially be passed down to their sons, as Boxxer promoter Kalle Sauerland first teased the fight last December.

"You know somewhere, some special night in the not too distant future Eubank v Benn the next generation will happen and we will be more than happy to make that happen," he wrote on Twitter.

Eubank - who fights two weight classes above Benn - pushed himself closer to a world title shot by outpointing Liam Williams in a one-sided display on Saturday night.

Benn reacted to Eubank's win against the Welshman by tweeting: "I fancy my chances at a catchweight".

And Eubank admitted a fight against Benn in the future would be "crazy" for British boxing.

"It's a fight that if it were to happen, it would be massive. It would be crazy, what fight fan wouldn't want to see it? It's two legends sons fighting each other," he said.

"We're both doing big things in the boxing world. It doesn't make much sense right now. In a couple years, if Conor Benn fills out a little bit and I wanna have a bit of fun, we can get it on."

Benn extended his unbeaten run to 20 fights by knocking out veteran Chris Algieri last December and called for a fight with the winner of Amir Khan vs Kell Brook next.

But Eubank is doubtful of facing the 25-year-old until he achieves what he wants at middleweight.

"If the fans wanna see it, if he can move up. What a fight that would be, that would be incredible. The two sons, Chris Eubank Jr. Conor Benn," Eubank added when talking with iFLTV.

"The likelihood of it, I really doubt that it's gonna happen anytime soon. I see that as something that's probably gonna happen in years to come.

"When I've done everything I want to do at middleweight and we want to have a bit of fun down the line, but who knows."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-benn-26154001
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr?

I don’t have the interest in this really.

Their fathers were at the top when they fought, they are not.

It would be a friendly affair.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is every day April 1st in Conor Benn’s calendar? Or is he just plain desperate to make some cash? He’s done fuck all yet , and he thinks he can take the piss out of the sport! PATHETIC
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 02-07-2022 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not understand it either, they are at different weights and trying to establish themselves. This is just trying to make money from their father's legacies without earning it.

Smacks of desperation and lack of dignity from both if they pursue this.
    Last edited by Master; 02-07-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely detonated Van Heerden impressively today. Well, 'tonight'. He looks and very much sounds in the interview like a guy who knows it's time to step it up just a bit. Crowley v Lopez winner would be nice and will be a couple major shifts tonight at 147. Bring him to the States for a showcase and break out of the cocoon.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr has claimed he was the victim of a set up after a recent encounter with Conor Benn at the Sport Industry Awards on Saturday night.

The sons of British boxing legends Chris Eubank Sr and Nigel Benn have long been linked with a crossover fight that would easily break the box office, despite the fact they are two weight classes apart right now.

He revealed he was about to present the ‘Young Agency of the Year’ award, which was won by The Space Between agency, when he bumped into Benn backstage.

However, he immediately knew something was up, as he insisted that there was no way their meeting could have taken place simply by accident.

Eubank told iFL TV: “Yeah, we had a little chat.

“I think they set it up, someone sneakily set it up.

“Unbelievable that we were both backstage, both presenting awards at the exact same time.

“And that sports awards, whoever manages that, they’re lucky that I’m not an idiot.

“And they don’t know I’m not an idiot, and they don’t know he’s not an idiot.”

Eubank also revealed his concerns that things could have gotten out of hand pretty quickly had they not handled things like mature responsible adults, and accused Benn of being ‘a hothead’.

He added: “I mean, he is a hothead.

“If I say something silly, he’s gonna, you know, but I’m not an idiot.

“If I’m pushed, yeah [I could react], but I’m not gonna push anybody. I’m not gonna push anybody for no reason – for clout or for an Instagram video.

“It could’ve easily kicked off at the awards show, right before we were about to walk on stage.”

Asked if he could reveal the details of their conversation, he replied: “Nothing, he came over to me, shook my hand.

“He asked me about the Canelo fight, it was small talk.

“He was talking to someone else for a second and I was thinking about all the stuff that’s been said over the past couple of months and I started laughing.

“He said, ‘What are you smirking about?’

“I said, ‘Listen, me and you can make a lot of money in the future.’ He said on the fight that he comes in 20lbs heavier than what he weighs in at.

“He was basically trying to say that he could physically fight, the weight difference wouldn’t be an issue.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...105ee900b4e75b

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr Poll

Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr poll added which should be a formality win for Eubank although I would love it if Conor wins.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed I'll be rooting for Benn.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders has taken aim at his old rival Chris Eubank Jr after he wore a heavy looking leather jacket to his press conference with Conor Benn on Friday.

The pair came face-to-face for the first time ahead of their fight on October 8 which will reignite the old family rivalry between their fathers Chris Eubank Sr and Nigel Benn.

Due to the current UK heatwave that saw temperatures in London hit 31 Celsius on the day of the presser, Benn attended wearing just a vest top.

Eubank Jr meanwhile wore a big Louis Vuitton leather jacket.

His former foe Saunders took the opportunity to rip into him as a result.

BJS posted an Instagram story with a video of Eubank Jr wearing his jacket at the event and captioned it: “It’s 40 degrees you clown and you’re walking around in a leather jacket, backward c***.”

The pair fought all the way back in 2014 with the European, British and Commonwealth middleweight titles on the line.

Saunders won a close split decision, though the bad blood between them did not end there.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...n-uk-heatwave/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL. I wanna see this. I also want Eubank Jr to rematch Billy Joe.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I’ll be rooting for something to happen that means the fight is off. I think it’s a disgrace that this fight has been made. It’s wrong for a million reasons.
    But if I had to root for one of them , it definitely won’t be Connor Benn.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr says he will be "finished" in boxing if he loses to Conor Benn in their catchweight fight on 8 October.

Benn is coming up two weight classes to fight Eubank Jr and the pair argued throughout a lengthy media conference in London.

Eubank Jr suggested the weight cut to 157lbs would leave him at "60%" for the fight.

"If I lose to Conor Benn I am finished," he said.

Addressing his rival, he added: "I'll be 60% on the night and that'll be enough to do whatever I want with you."

Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank Sr were not present at the media event, but the memory of their own rivalry was ever present.

Eubank Jr gave a passionate speech about his decision to accept the fight and undergo what will be a big weight cut given he usually operates at middleweight.

"I don't hate anybody I would ever give anyone that type of power over me. I don't even dislike Conor," he said. "But at the same time this fight is personal. The things his father put my father through, I can't forget and I can't forgive.

"I watched the mental toll and the injuries. Him going to hospital and losing half his tongue. I watched Nigel tell my father on national TV that he hated him.

"These are things I can't forgive. This is a fight where our family names are on the line and we have to uphold them. That's where it makes it personal."

Benn responded: "It's not that deep."

'My dad sowed the seed'

Benn is seven years younger than Eubank Jr and wasn't even born when their fathers last fought.

But the 25-year-old Benn revealed it was actually his father, Nigel, who first put the idea of fighting Eubank Jr in his head.

"He was the one who sowed the seed. After one of Chris' fights, he told me 'I reckon you beat him'," Benn told BBC Sport.

Eubank Jr, 32, was by far the more relaxed figure in their first media meeting. Benn appeared on edge, as is normal for the young fighter who has spent years trying to fight his way out of his father's shadow.

"He is a carbon copy of his dad and I am as well. It is for legacy. I believe my dad won the rematch and they never had the trilogy," Benn continued.

"It's not about the money, I have plenty of paycheques in my career and plenty more to come. It's not about that this fight. I've got to set the score straight."

Organisers are expecting a lot from this fight.

As well as regular promotional posters there was also two large - and probably very expensive - life-size cut outs flanking each fighter, complete with their own profiles and slogan.

Benn's read 'for legacy, for boxing', while Eubank Jr's said 'born rivals'. There was a red carpet in the adjacent room. It was every inch a big fight press conference, despite the apparent mismatch on paper between the largely untested and smaller Benn and the battle-hardened and experienced Eubank Jr.

Eubank Jr settled into the role as the orator early on - just as his father did 30 years ago - and was regularly challenged by the fiery Benn. He listened intently to what Benn had to say, but described a victory for his rival as 'impossible'.

It was a testament to the selling power of the two fighters that promoter Eddie Hearn mostly sat back for the press conference, allowing the fighters to take centre stage.

The fight will certainly attract big interest and Benn and Eubank Jr put on an entertaining show for the gathered cameras. They faced off for over a minute, occasionally chirping at each other as they did.

Their fathers' rivalry rightly went down in history as one of the best ever. It was a competitive match-up decided by the finest of margins, defined by heart and drama. Can Eubank Jr and Benn produce the same fireworks?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62521776

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dazn doing this as ppv also . Yet another card that will be missed.

Seriously..I have missed more live boxing over the last 3 years than I have over 35+. Not an exaggeration . Call me a geezer but lack of cable outlets or "free" exposure or simply PPV being the exception is dwindling this sport down and retarding growth.

Thread Information