Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr?

Benn has been carefully matched as he has a weak chin and doesn't have his dad's power.
    This is a money-making circus bout if it happens, nothing more than that.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All professional boxing is about making the most amount of money possible.

They are making this fight, despite the weight disparity, off the back of their dad’s intense rivalry. It is safe to say that both boxers are not as good as their dad’s. If the economics of the fight is right and the weight can be agreed, then this could be a huge event.

Eddie and DAZN have put a lot of effort promoting/protecting Benn as he one of their biggest UK assets. They would not want him damaged as he is young enough to make them some good money. I am surprised they are accepting the risk as this could turn out to be damaging for Conor.

Eubank Junior should be ashamed that he is even contemplating this fight and shows you how far away he is away from world level. He is turning himself into a social media boxer closer to Jake/Logan Paul than real boxer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what Eddie Hearn and matchroom should do with Conor.

1. Conor fight the unbeaten Ekow Essumann for the British title and if he get's past that ?
    2. Fight Avaneseyan for the European title ? If he gets past that ?
    3. Fight either Cody Crowley or Emmanuel Stannios (Both unbeaten)

And if (and this is a big "if") he get's past all the three of these ? He's ready for anyone (Spence, Craword, Ortiz, Ennis)

Maybe Eddie doesn't wanna show humility because some of the top guys in the WW division are with PBC (Spence, Ennis. Crowley) and they might not entertain a match up with a Hearn fighter. GBP only have two fighters in their whole book that's worth a dam (Vergil Ortiz and Ryan Garcia) but the normally cautious ODLH is willing to risk Ortiz aganist Avaneysean

But Eddie thinks we’re living in Creed 2 here

The coverage is gonna be the cheese olympics. "Yes-Yes. We know there Dad's fought 30 odd years ago. We know. We know they were legends. We know. We hear you Eddie. Good day"

Edddie "But their dads are in the press conference and they fought 30 years ago. They're legends of the sport and isn't it great that their sons are......"

"I SAID GOOD DAY !!"

I still think Conor is untested. He's still passing multiple choice, no hard questions. Chris is a tough nut for Benn, considering the quality of Benn's victims. Eddie should be focusing on getting Conor to climb his way to the top of the Welterweight ladder (by beating the guys I suggested) and getting a shot at the title or does he wanna turn Conor into a Brook or Khan, chasing paydays just to get stopped ?

As for Eubank ? Strange to say about a 32 year old but we still kinda don't know how good he really is. But fighting a smaller guy when he could be and SHOULD BE fighting at 160-168 but instead he wants to fight a Welterweight...GARBAGE! Come fight night Eubank will be a Super Middleweight maybe even a Light Heavy so I don't think Benn punches will effect him at all.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-23-2022 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it's on at 157 with a strict rehydration clause whatever that means.

Money talks but I just think this is natural mismatch.
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 08-10-2022 at 11:01 AM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Well you'd like like it's on at 157 with a strict rehydration clause whatever that means.

Money talks but I just think this is natural mismatch.
    i'm not really interested in this fight but i agree, unless the cut completely drains chris it's a mismatch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn will meet in a catchweight fight at London’s O2 Arena in October, Matchroom Boxing has announced.

Matchroom has described the showdown between the two British fighters, to be screened exclusively live by DAZN, as “one of the most electrifying British boxing contests in decades”.

Eubank Jr and Benn will go head-to-head 30 years after their fathers – Chris Eubank Sr and Nigel Benn – fought for a second time in their explosive WBC super-middleweight world title contest at Old Trafford.

Matchroom Sport chairman Eddie Hearn said: “I can’t quite believe this is happening but let me tell you, it’s happening.

“Weeks of negotiations have led to one of the biggest moments in British boxing – these two born rivals will do battle in an epic match up that has absolutely everything.

“Ever since they both turned professional, people talked about this moment and now is the time to see the historic rivalry continue. I want to thank DAZN for all their support in making this mega fight – roll on October 8.”

Eubank Jr, 32, (32-2, 23 KOs) is a former two-time IBO super-middleweight champion and secured an impressive points win over Liam Williams at the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff in his previous fight, in which he knocked down the Welshman four times.

Benn, 25, (21-0, 14 KOs) is ranked in the top five of the world welterweight rankings with all of the recognised governing bodies and stopped South Africa’s Chris van Heerden to retain his WBA Continental title in April.

Eubank Jr said: “It’s a fight that’s going to spark the imagination of the British public, that’s what I’m happy about. In terms of anticipation, legacy and hype it’s the biggest fight of my career.”

Benn concurred: “This fight is for the legacy and was an opportunity I felt I couldn’t pass up.

“This fight is embedded with so much history and I know it’s one the public really want to see. To me this fight is personal.

“It’s more than titles and rankings, this is unfinished business between our families.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...80ee0c9fc30ab9

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Groves believes that the Chris Eubank Jr fight is the wrong one for Conor Benn for three reasons and has labelled the fight 'bizarre'. The former super-middleweight world champion states that Benn will spoil his great momentum if he loses, is two weight classes lighter and is facing a man that has held his own at 168lbs in the past.

Speaking to iFL TV, Groves said: "I mean I've got to be honest, I think it's a step too far for Conor Benn. Definitely not the right fight for him right now because he's on such a great run and he is two weight divisions smaller than Eubank.

"Eubank has competed at super-middleweight and held his own, so I think it's a bit bizarre. But I can kind of see why it's happening. I can certainly see why Eubank was very keen for it. He was calling him out right at the start."

The pair square off on October 8 at the O2 Arena, London at a 157lb catchweight limit. The weight is a new prospect for both men with Benn having never fought above welterweight (147lb) while Eubank Jr has competed no lower than middleweight (160lb) during the course of his career.

If either man misses weight at the Friday weigh-in, then they will be forced to pay a colossal fine. According to boxing writer Dan Rafael, there will be a penalty of £81,000 ($100,000) for every pound that they come in over by. There were also initial reports that Benn's team were keen to insert a rehydration clause and that Chris Eubank Jr is expected to step on the scales again on the morning of the fight (Saturday).

These reports were confirmed to be true by Conor Benn who announced that there will be a weigh-in on the day of the contest in an interview with BBC 5 live on Thursday morning. Although the weight limit has not been disclosed.

The fight between the sons of two of British boxing's most iconic fighters and bitter rivals, Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank Sr, will be shown live on DAZN PPV, 29 years after their fathers last battled it out.

The price is yet to be announced although it is expected to be a similar fee to that of Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III (taking place on September 17) which is currently listed at £9.99 for existing subscribers and £17.98 for new ones.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...aa64735c3333f6

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The weight difference was clear to see in the presser just

Good one for older fans and younger though - people like my dad will want to see it but have no chance of working out how to access it with it being on DAZN......

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what the hell is chris wearing?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    what the hell is chris wearing?
    Every bag Louis Vuitton has ever produced stitched into a jacket!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as Eubank fights smart and at 80 percent of his capability I can't see anything but a stoppage win for him against a very tired Benn around the 8t.

Can we change this to a poll - master where are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Atleast Marvis Frazier held a candle up to his old man - fighting a few real contenders and respected journeymen; these boys are cheap amalgams.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr Poll

Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr poll added which should be a formality win for Eubank although I would love it if Conor wins.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed I'll be rooting for Benn.

Thread Information