Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr

I can”t believe I am actually saying this …… but I agree with Denilson

Benn should be banned for a long time for this, but he won’t be. He was definitely not a banger when he started out, quite feather fisted compared to his dad.

I’m not an expert, but my understanding is that female fertility drugs are used at the end of a PED cycle to normalise your hormone levels and prevent weight gain and stop you growing tits. That particular drug is man made specifically for female fertility purposes and it does not occur naturally nor is it included in other products. If it has been found in Benn’s body, then he took it on purpose.

Being a murderous drug cheat has damaged his family name much more than if he had just got starched by Eubank in the first round.

Somebody is going to die at the hands of a drug cheat one day. Will that be a murder charge?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of Conor Benn’s most recent opponents has said he is ‘not surprised’ by the adverse drug test tesult that has thrown the Briton’s fight with Chris Eubank Jr into doubt.

Benn last fought in April, knocking out Chris van Heerden in Round 2, while his previous fight saw the 26-year-old stop Chris Algieri in the fourth round in December.

“Initial thought: Not surprised, not surprised one bit,” Algieri said on Inside Boxing Live, addressing Benn’s adverse drug test result.

“I had heard, around the time that I was fighting him, that he was not a clean fighter. And I like to give fighters the benefit of the doubt; this is about competition, I never want to take away from anyone who steps in that squared circle – it’s the most dangerous thing you could ever do.

“I respect every fighter who steps in the ring, [but] I do not respect cheaters, and for me to hear this... this hits hard. It hits hard, it hits home, and again: Not surprised, not surprised.

“There are certain tells, there are certain things. Many, many times I’ve fought world-class guys, and hearing this wasn’t anything that shocked me. It shocked me because he got caught, it didn’t shock me because it’s a reality.”

American Algieri has not fought since his brutal knockout loss to Benn in Liverpool. The 38-year-old has insisted that he will compete again, however, due to the bitter taste that this week’s news has left in his mouth.

“It makes me feel like I can’t stop now,” he said. “I can’t go out against a cheater. I don’t know, there’s a lot of emotions today, and you guys are getting a very raw perspective from me right now. It burns.”

Comparing drug testing in the UK and US, Algieri added: “I’ve fought over in the UK, it wasn’t like fighting over here in America.

“I didn’t see inspectors over my shoulder like they are in New York. When I fight in New York City, I’ve got guys over my back who want to make sure when I go to the bathroom they’re coming with me. I didn’t see that over there. There was very little testing.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a59923e38fceed
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn has been CANCELLED following the controversy surrounding Benn's failed drug test.

Benn and Eubank Jr were scheduled to settle their family feud in London on Saturday night, 30 years on from their fathers' legendary rematch which ended in a draw. But the £15million fight has now been called off after Benn returned a positive test for clomifene, a substance found that is used to treat infertility in women but can also boost testosterone production in men.

Benn's adverse finding came to light yesterday but both fighters were determined to fight this weekend, despite the British Boxing Board of Control insisting they would not sanction the fight. Promoter Eddie Hearn vowed to pursue every avenue to ensure the bout went ahead, but has now been forced to accept defeat after deciding against taking the matter to the High Court.

A statement read: "After discussions with various parties, we have taken the decision to formally postpone the bout between Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn. It is undeniable that the British Boxing Board of Control's decision to withdraw their sanctioning was procedurally flawed and without due process. That remains a legal issue between the promoters and the Board which we intend to pursue.

"However, whilst there are legal routes to facilitate the fight taking place as planned, we do not believe that it is in the fighters' interests for those to be pursued at such a late stage, or in the wider interests of the sport. As promoters, we take our obligations and duties very seriously, and a full investigation will now need to take place. We will be making no further comment at this time and news for ticket holder refunds will follow."

Benn's failed test was carried out by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) and took place in August, with Benn since returning a negative test. Matchroom Boxing's initial statement read: "We have been made aware that a random anti-doping test for Conor Benn conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association returned an adverse analytical finding for trace amounts of a fertility drug. The B sample has yet to be tested, meaning that no rule violation has been confirmed."

Benn had passed all doping control tests conducted by the UK Anti-Doping, meaning he was not charged with any rule violation despite the VADA test failure. And the son-of-a-legend insisted he was innocent, saying: "I've spoken to Chris personally and we both want the fight to go ahead. We've both taken legal and medical advice and we want the fight to happen for the fans.

"I have signed up to every test under the sun, all my UKAD tests have come back negative throughout my career and even in the lead-up to this fight my tests have come up negative.

"My team will find out why there was an adverse finding in my test but as far as I'm concerned the fight is going ahead. I'm a clean athlete and we'll get to the bottom of this. [Chris] believes in me and it's not who I am or what I'm about; he was understanding and we both want the fight to go ahead."

Benn and Eubank Jr were due to meet at a catchweight of 157lb, three pounds lighter than the Eubank Jr has weighed during his professional career. Benn was moving up two weight classes for the grudge match and was a considerable underdog heading into the fight, which would have been the toughest test of his professional career.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...jr-vs-28161065

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I can”t believe I am actually saying this …… but I agree with Denilson
    Respec

Benn should be banned for a long time for this, but he won’t be. He was definitely not a banger when he started out, quite feather fisted compared to his dad
    Crazy to say but Eubank Jnr is the one who is coming out shining for this. I'd want Eubank to totally humiliate Benn had this would have went ahead. The drug he took (Clomid) from what I've read on google increases your testorone by 200%. I mean dude ? That's DragonBall Z sh*t that

I’m not an expert, but my understanding is that female fertility drugs are used at the end of a PED cycle to normalise your hormone levels and prevent weight gain and stop you growing tits. That particular drug is man made specifically for female fertility purposes and it does not occur naturally nor is it included in other products. If it has been found in Benn’s body, then he took it on purpose.
    He probably thought he was fighting for the IVF belt

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-07-2022 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was never really that excited about this fight but got dragged along into it. It’s the right thing that it’s been called off.

Been should now just own it and deal with it. Nigel Benn and Conor Benn both see themselves as alpha males. Benn snr must be fuming the Benn name tarnished and his sons face photoshopped onto photos of pregnant women will be floating around in cyberspace forever more..how embarrassing. Stupid twat

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...mOcS20-Go--rkY

Not the greatest source, but if this is true, this has gone under the radar with all this shit going on. I hope Sr. Is ok.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...mOcS20-Go--rkY

Not the greatest source, but if this is true, this has gone under the radar with all this shit going on. I hope Sr. Is ok.
    The article appears to have been removed and was originally posted a couple of days ago. It would be all over the tabloids now if it was true.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't want to see the fight happen anyway. It was a horrible money making exercise built on the back of the fights between two legends whose sons can't hold a jockstrap to them. Benn should be banned for a long time. I'd be fine with a lifetime ban.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I didn't want to see the fight happen anyway. It was a horrible money making exercise built on the back of the fights between two legends whose sons can't hold a jockstrap to them. Benn should be banned for a long time. I'd be fine with a lifetime ban.
    Agree with this.

This was only ever a cynical cash grab.

These two have careers to be getting on with, particularly Eubank who is 33 and should be gunning for the big dogs at 160.

Benn is in one of the best divisions in the sport with some monsters at the top and coming up through the ranks whom he should be targeting too.

This fight was always a circus just trying to piggy back on a 30+ year old rivalry of their fathers who were far superior fighters.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Cedric Paynoud fight changed it for Benn. This is the fight that let him know that he didn't have it and the realization of how hard boxing is.

Go to 34.08 in his post match interview with his face all busted up and being knocked down a few times and was lucky to get the decision. He already tells the interview that he's thought "This ain't for me" about boxing.

That was the moment he decided to cheat.

He knew he had a big name to carry and wasn't good enough to carry that name.

Clomid comes only in pill form. So he can't bullsh*t and tell everyone that he ate a steak or protein shake and clomid is a masking agent that's used to mask the BIG drugs that guys like him take. He's probably been taken growth hormone pills and EPO (Erythropoietin) injections....all that sh*t.

It wasn't enough for them to insist that Eubank cut himself to a weight he ain't been at since he was 18. It wasn't enough for them to insist on Eubank having a strict rehrdrayion clause (Setting a limit on how much weight Eubank can put back on after the weigh-in) ....but benn was jucing as well ?

It's almost like they were trying kill Eubank

Honestly ? If I was Eubank ? Now you're taken it to a street level. This is the type of sh*t were we are gonna settle this outside the ring. And I ain't talking about punches to the face.

I'll just leave it at that
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-09-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benn has improved significantly since that Peynaud rematch but I put it down to hard work, discipline and listening to his trainer. Maybe I was niave about that.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone know much about this usman sajjad guy that was associated with conor?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn's former doctor facing investigation into doping claims

The British Boxing Board of Control is to investigate historic comments related to claims about doping tests which were made by a doctor who has previously worked with Conor Benn.

A £25 million pound fight between 26-year-old Benn and fellow Briton Chris Eubank Jr scheduled for last Saturday night in London was "prohibited" by the Boxing Board who refused to sanction the contest. It was cancelled the following day by the promoters Matchroom Boxing after it was revealed Benn had had an adverse finding for a banned substance in September as a result of a voluntary test under the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. Benn tested positive for a fertility drug clomifene, a banned substance that can increase testosterone.

Last year, Dr Usman Sajjad gave an interview to Quality Shot Tennis in which he claimed the use of performance-enhancing drugs (Peds) was rife within boxing.

“Yeah, 80-90 per cent are doing it from what I’m seeing," Sajjad said. “It’s not just steroids. You’ve got all sorts. You’ve IV-fluid infusions after the weigh-ins, you’ve got diuretics, you’ve got growth hormones, you’ve got testosterone replacement.

“In terms of excuses, I don’t really believe them. Athletes know what’s going to happen if they fail. You have to be an idiot to fail a drug test in England, because a urine test is just 72 hours, so it means you would’ve taken drugs in the last two to three days.

“The one that trips up a lot of athletes is if you sign up to the random drugs testing. However, you can get around the random drug testing. There’s a lot of tricks, especially when you get to the higher level, the elite level. They’ll find every possible way of winning.”

Robert Smith, general secretary of the Boxing Board, told Telegraph Sport last night: "We have been made aware of these comments and will be looking into this and investigating it."

Dr Sajjad deleted his social media accounts and his own website – on which he stated his clients had included Benn, Tyson Fury, Joseph Parker, mixed martial arts fighter Paddy Pimblett, and “England Amateur Boxing” – as a result of receiving abuse in the wake of the doping storm which rocked one of the biggest British bouts of recent years.

Dr Usman’s lawyer, Scott Ewing of Ewing Law, declined to comment on his client’s current relationship with Benn or whether the pair had worked together in the build-up to the Eubank fight, citing “the sacrosanct rules governing the confidentiality of a doctor patient relationship”.

He added: “However Dr Usman categorically denies any wrongdoing that has been laid against him over the internet. This is why he has taken down his social media sites after receiving vile and untruthful abuse. Dr Usman has never had any present or historical involvement in the supply of Peds to any third party.”

Benn, who also denies any wrongdoing, faces a ban of up to four years if found guilty of taking the banned drug.

Dr Usman is registered as a medical officer with the British Boxing Board of Control, which blocked the Benn-Eubank fight from going ahead and faces being sued by Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing and co-promoters Wasserman.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...eb9dcc0911d711

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FURY STANDS BY DOC Tyson Fury to continue to work with controversial doctor Usman Sajjad despite probe after Conor Benn’s failed drugs test

TYSON FURY has backed and will continue working with the controversial doctor the British Boxing Board of Control are investigating in the wake of Conor Benn’s failed drugs test.

Before Dr Usman Sajjad started working with 26-year-old Benn, he gave an extensive explanation on how to evade testing on the Quality Shot podcast.

And he claimed "80 to 90 per cent" of elite boxers are taking a range of drugs to cheat.

Sajjad - who has not been implemented in any wrongdoing - has also spoken at length about the male menopause and how testosterone replacement therapy can be used to fight it.

But his Instagram account and personal website were deleted around October 4 - just as the news of Benn’s failed test was breaking.

But the 34-year-old Gypsy King has vowed to stand by the GP who the BBBofC are now investigating.

Sajjad (right) pictured alongside Fury's younger brother, Tommy

Fury told YouTube boxing channel IDBoxing: "Usman is a good guy.

"I have known him for about a year and he works with quite a lot of boxers and whatever happens I would definitely say it has nothing to do with Usman.

"Usman will be working with me for my next fight, I trust him 100 per cent."

Fury was in Doncaster on Saturday night to watch his brother Roman make his professional boxing debut with a promising win.

And he explained that Dr Usman’s role in his camp would be that of a personal GP for a training camp and would help him with anything as simple as a common cold or an injury affecting him.

Sajjad’s baffling revealing comments, that remain widely available online, were: "If you are an elite level boxer, you know, pay-per-view, world class, European level, 80 to 90 per cent are doing it (drugs) from what I’m seeing.

"When I say doping, it’s not just steroids. You’ve got IV fluid infusion after weigh-ins, you’ve got diuretics, you’ve got growth hormones, you’ve got testosterone replacements.

"In terms of excuses, I don’t really believe them. Athletes know what’s going to happen if they fail."

Sajjad went on to detail how the different testing systems work - with limited funding - and claimed only an idiot gets caught.

He said: "A lot of times in how the drug testing system works, a lot of the fights in the UK, it’s all urine testing.

"You have to be an idiot to fail a drug test in England, because urine testing is just 72 hours (most drugs are out of your system within three days).

"You would have to take drugs two to three days before you fight.

"The urine test is after a fight. Whereas the one that trips up a lot of athletes is if you sign up to the random drug testing, which WADA (the World Anti-Doping Agency) do.

"They will track you where you are and can turn up to your house whenever and do a blood test. With a blood test, they can catch things that have been there a month.

"However you can get around the random drug testing, because between the hours of 11pm and 7am, they are not allowed to come to your house.

"A lot of athletes can take fast-acting testosterone or growth hormones which can only be in your body for seven to eight hours.

"You could take it at 9-10pm and it would be out of your system by 7am. There’s ways to get around it. A lot of tricks."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20060...ed-drugs-test/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn: UK Anti-Doping investigating 'adverse finding' returned in boxer's drugs test

UK Anti-Doping is investigating Conor Benn's failed drugs test that led to the postponement of his fight with Chris Eubank Jr.

Benn was due to fight Eubank Jr on 8 October but the bout was called off after he returned what promoters said was an "adverse analytical finding for trace amounts of a fertility drug".

Ukad is duty bound to investigate the case as it is a potential anti-doping violation by a boxer licensed by the British Boxing Board of Control, which is under its jurisdiction.

If found guilty of an anti-doping violation, the 26-year-old could receive a two to four-year suspension.

Benn tested positive for banned female fertility drug clomifene in August, following a test overseen by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (Vada).

The B sample will be tested and if that also comes back positive for clomifene, Benn will have the opportunity to provide any relevant information which could help explain how the substance got into his system, and could then mitigate any punishment.

He has denied any wrongdoing and is not currently suspended by the BBBofC. The board and general secretary Robert Smith have not responded to repeated requests for comment from BBC Sport.

Clomifene can be used to boost testosterone levels in men and is banned inside and outside competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Benn, who insists he is a "clean" fighter, and Eubank were scheduled to meet in the ring at a catchweight of 157lbs, 30 years after their fathers Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank Sr fought.

The BBBofC said the bout was "prohibited and not in the interests of boxing" on 5 October and the fight was formally postponed the following day.

Promoters Matchroom said the BBBofC's decision to withdraw its sanctioning was "procedurally flawed and without due process".

Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn argued that because the BBBofC does not "recognise" Vada, it had no reason to call off the fight or suspend Benn.

Vada was hired by Benn and Eubank to provide extra testing alongside Ukad, which is the Board's official anti-doping partner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63207894

Thread Information