Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Ugas - April 16th

This really does feel like the overdue 'super-fight' we've been needing early in this year. Had a couple fall out but this has all the makings of a great clash of style. Has Ugas received any most improved consideration end of last year because he really does deserve it. Just have the slight feeling he's going to have a solid start and eventually find himself a little to still and close up with Spence. I think he can walk to a Porter and Manny but Spence is still a different animal volume power wise.

Then again, over two years out and repaired eye..this could really go either way convincingly.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This really does feel like the overdue 'super-fight' we've been needing early in this year. Had a couple fall out but this has all the makings of a great clash of style. Has Ugas received any most improved consideration end of last year because he really does deserve it. Just have the slight feeling he's going to have a solid start and eventually find himself a little to still and close up with Spence. I think he can walk to a Porter and Manny but Spence is still a different animal volume power wise.

Then again, over two years out and repaired eye..this could really go either way convincingly.
    I am taking Ugas for the following reasons:

1. Ring rust on Spence
    2. Errol looked faded vs Danny Garcia two years ago- Ugas will catch him with the same right hands that Danny did
    3. Ugas is big for 147- Spence won’t enjoy his usual size advantage

I can see why most pick Spence, and I would agree if Spence was still in his prime. I think Spence has slipped, and the rust sill only exacerbate the situation/ his decline. This is close to a 50/50 fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

I am taking Ugas for the following reasons:

1. Ring rust on Spence
    2. Errol looked faded vs Danny Garcia two years ago- Ugas will catch him with the same right hands that Danny did
    3. Ugas is big for 147- Spence won’t enjoy his usual size advantage

I can see why most pick Spence, and I would agree if Spence was still in his prime. I think Spence has slipped, and the rust sill only exacerbate the situation/ his decline. This is close to a 50/50 fight.
    Spot on there. No way to deny rust that long out no matter how much gym time etc. Ugas has that frame too and has shown he's increasingly able to use it, shoulders to gloves. For all the talk of Porter the brawler mauler..it was Ugas forcing the fight in large part. He very well may force a fire fight on Spence early to make Spence feel rust. One I'll actually pay for this here

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing sensation Errol Spence Jr isn’t underestimating Yordenis Ugas as the two prepare to collide next month.

In front of what could well be a capacity crowd at the AT&T Stadium on April 16, Errol Spence Jr will attempt to overcome a stiff challenge in the form of Yordenis Ugas. The Olympic gold medal winner was able to defeat Manny Pacquiao last August in what proved to be the final professional bout for ‘Pac-Man’ before riding off into the retirement sunset.

That contest was initially supposed to be Spence vs Pacquiao, up until the former suffered a retinal tear to the left eye.

Now, with the WBC, WBA and IBF welterweight titles on the line, Spence Jr has the chance to extend his record in the sport to 28-0.

In a recent interview, the favourite wasn’t afraid to give his honest opinion of both Ugas and Pacquiao as the countdown to fight night continues.

“This is going to be a great fight. Ugas always come to compete. With all respect to Pacquiao, I’m a far different fighter than Pacquiao, and at this point, I’m a better fighter,” Spence told Showtime.

“You keep bringing up Pacquiao, but that’s like Larry Holmes fighting [Muhammad] Ali [mismatch] or Terry Norris beating up Sugar Ray Leonard. Or [Marcos] Maidana beating up Erik Morales.

“Pacquiao is way past his prime. It was the passing of the torch to myself, but I missed the opportunity, so I’m just going to put on a great performance.

“Ugas is a real warrior, but I’m hungry too. I’m not letting this opportunity pass by me.

“I’m going to put on a great performance for my crowd.”

Everyone wants to see a unified welterweight champion and with Terence Crawford currently being in possession of the WBO belt, we’d imagine he’ll be keeping a close eye on proceedings when the bell rings in Texas.

Ugas has the heart of a lion but boxing fans across the globe have been waiting for a long time to see Crawford vs Spence Jr – and 2022 may be the year it finally goes down.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yordenis in the right place at the right time with manny. won't work this time
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr confident Terence Crawford super-fight happens THIS YEAR with rival ‘running out of dancing partners’

ERROL SPENCE JR is confident in landing a super-fight with Terence Crawford THIS YEAR - by process of elimination.

The two welterweight superstars have spent years with their names linked together only for no deal to be made.

But after Crawford, 34, walked out on Bob Arum's Top Rank stable to become a free agent, talk of the dream matchup ramped up.

And with the pair of unbeaten champions taking out the rest of the competition - it means neither will have anywhere else to go.

Spence, 32, told SunSport: “I think it can definitely happen, it’s a huge possibility.

"He don’t have any dancing partners at 147 that makes sense for him. So I think it can definitely happen.”

Spence is the reigning WBC and IBF champion and unifies his belts with the WBA version held by Yordenis Ugas, 35, live on Showtime PPV.

It means the Texan could be a three-belt holder by the time he faces Crawford, owner of the WBO strap.

And that sets up and unprecedented undisputed title decider between two of boxing's pound-for-pound best in their prime of their careers.

Spence said: “I feel like it will be at its biggest level, especially with me beating Ugas.

“Fighting for four belts is at the highest level, but for me I’ve got to get past Ugas.

"I have to get past him because if I don’t get past him, then it doesn’t happen.”

Spence was last August set to face Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao, 43, until an eye injury saw him replaced by Ugas.

The Cuban later beat Pacquiao, sending the eight-division icon into retirement and setting up the unification in Texas.

Spence returns to Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium knowing he is just one win away from the biggest fight in American boxing.

But equally all that is on the line be be snatched away in just one night - and Ugas knows exactly how to rip up the box office script.

Spence said: “I’ve got one person ahead of me that’s trying to knock my head off.

"So I’ve got to make sure I get him out of the way before I start thinking about anything else.

“If you don’t have that mentality, that’s how a lot of fighters get upset and get beat.

“Because they’re looking at other people when you’ve got someone right in front of you, training just for you.

“That’s my mentality, to just focus on Ugas and my opponents right in front of me.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...rawford-fight/

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr has revealed that he was involved in a car crash in 2020, three months after his involvement in an accident that saw the American receive a DWI charge.

Spence, 32, received probation after that incident in October 2019, before returning to the ring in December of the following year.

The IBF and WBC welterweight champion has now admitted to having been involved in another car crash, however, which took place three months after his initial accident.

Discussing his first crash, Spence told Kate Abdo: “I didn’t even watch the YouTube [clip of CCTV footage] probably until about four or five months after my car crash.

“When I was driving [after that], I had like different flashes of cars running into me. I’d have flashes of cars hitting me and [me] getting into car crashes, all the time – when I was driving down the street, or at a red light or anything.

“So, PTSD is definitely a real thing. I still have it sometimes when I’m driving.”

Spence went on to reveal the second crash, saying: “I actually got into another accident three months after my accident.

“Somebody hit me from behind. It shook me up a little bit.”

Following those crashes, the American retained his titles in his comeback fight against Danny Garcia, outpointing his compatriot.

Spence has not competed since but is scheduled to take on WBA welterweight champion Yordenis Ugas on 16 April.

The bout will mark the third time that Spence has fought at the AT&T Stadium in Texas.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...3cca36a43c3cae

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Ugas..

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Spence is still the same fighter after the crash and operation as before then he will win. Otherwise he is in for a hard time.

I think Spence wins because whenever Manny picked up the pace of the fight and throwing combinations he was winning.
    Ugas kept him from picking up the pace most of the fight by stuffing a jab in his face.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Ugas..

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Spence is still the same fighter after the crash and operation as before then he will win. Otherwise he is in for a hard time.

I think Spence wins because whenever Manny picked up the pace of the fight and throwing combinations he was winning.
    Ugas kept him from picking up the pace most of the fight by stuffing a jab in his face.
    True but a younger and fresher version of Manny would have done enough to beat Ugas.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing sensation Errol Spence Jr has teased that he could go after the early knockout against Yordenis Ugas next weekend.

At AT&T Stadium on April 16, Errol Spence Jr and Yordenis Ugas will meet in a blockbuster welterweight showdown. Spence is putting his WBC and IBF welterweight titles on the line whereas Ugas is bringing the WBA (Super) welterweight title to the party.

It’s the kind of collision that Spence is favoured to win but at the same time, Ugas proved in his last outing against Manny Pacquiao that he’s not afraid to upset the established order.

During a recent podcast appearance, Spence was pretty open when discussing how he thought the fight might play out.

“Ugas is a tough fighter. You saw when he fought Shawn. He was waving for Shawn [Porter] to come in, and he was getting pumped up. So if I get the same Ugas that want to trade and fight, it could be an early knockout.”

“If you can outpoint me and beat me, I’m going to make it a dog fight and we’re going to go to war.

“So if I can beat you and outpoint you, that’s what I’m going to do. I feel like he accomplished his American dream and isn’t as hungry as he was. We’ll see.”

It’s been years in the making and while many still don’t think we’ll see it, Errol Spence Jr himself has suggested that a long-awaited superfight with Terence Crawford is next if he gets past Ugas.

We all know that looking beyond an opponent with Ugas’ talent is a foolish thing to do in this sport but it’s hard not to be intrigued by the potential Spence/Crawford holds.

When asked about the prospect in the same interview, ‘The Truth’ told it like it is.

“I already told them what I want [Terence Crawford]. It’s easy for me to make this weight. I’m older now, I’m not young like I used to be, and losing eight pounds in a day is not easy.

“I told them this [Crawford] is the fight I want, and after that, I’m moving up. It’s two more fights, Ugas and Terence and then it’s over for me. I’m going up.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...346cd5669553d9

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally caught the 24/7 on Showtime and pulling for Spence even more. One of the most low key no frills matter of fact top fighters I've seen in recent memory. Respect Ugas and hard journey traveled..the man loves his bling and high end watches ..but the more I see him with that head on the line and stepping in on that front foot can see Spence doing some very brutal work with the rolling uppercuts at some point. Have the feel this is going to be a really fun scrap.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr confirms he’ll ‘definitely’ go after knockout win over Yordenis Ugas

Boxing sensation Errol Spence Jr has said he’s ‘100% confident’ about securing the win against Yordenis Ugas this weekend.

After weeks of intense build-up, Errol Spence Jr and Yordenis Ugas will finally collide this weekend at AT&T Stadium in Texas. The pair will fight for the WBC, WBA (Super) and IBF welterweight titles in front of a capacity crowd with both men hoping to cement their legacy amongst the greats in the division.

Ugas is coming off the back of a nice win over Manny Pacquiao, whereas Spence is putting his unbeaten 27-0 record on the line against one of his most dangerous opponents to date.

There’s a lot at stake here and with some fascinating possibilities being on the horizon for the winner, you’d have to imagine it’ll be quite a fascinating affair.

In an interview leading up to fight night, Spence Jr spoke candidly about what he’s aiming to achieve on Saturday.

“It means everything to get a response like this in Dallas. It’s getting me pumped up. I’m ready to go. I’m ready to fight. I’m ready to put on a great performance in front of my hometown crowd. It’s eat or get ate. That’s all it is on Saturday night. Eat or get ate. Of course I’m going to win. But I’m going for the knockout,” Spence said.

“There’s nothing to elaborate on when I said I’m going for the knockout. It’s what I said. So if I get it, I get it. If I don’t, I don’t. I know one hundred percent I’m getting the victory, but I definitely want to knock him out. It’s a blessing and a dream come true to get the support of your hometown. People are coming out here to support me with their hard-earned money during a difficult time. It’s a school night and people came out to support me and I really appreciate it.”

For years now fans have been dying to see Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr battle it out in what has the potential to be one of the best fights of this era. They’ve been circling one another for a long time and if Spence can edge past Ugas, the fight is right there to be made.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2e3107d0167969

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

have we entered some voluntary lockdown of silence last 24 hrs? Very deep fight card and what should be a very competitive fight at the highest-level tonight and the silence of golf fans . Well if you watch enjoy! Definitely didn't mind paying for this one.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

test

Thread Information