64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito plans to sue for admittance into HOF

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Margarito was caught cheating in the Mosley fight. Imagine how many others he may have done it in and the damage he inflicted. It is criminal.

Thank you. But as someone who presumably follows boxing I'm sure he knew that.
    i thought they allegedly found something wrong with antonio's wraps before the shane fight. so what fight did antonio cheat in?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Margarito was caught cheating in the Mosley fight. Imagine how many others he may have done it in and the damage he inflicted. It is criminal.

i thought they allegedly found something wrong with antonio's wraps before the shane fight. so what fight did antonio cheat in?

In... the... Shane... fight.

Whether or not it was before the fight, he was caught cheating. Any other questions?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whether or not it was before the fight, he was caught cheating. Any other questions?
    so it wasn't in the fight? he may have allegedly been caught trying to cheat but he never actually cheated in the fight? so what fight did he cheat in? shane & team must have agreed that everything was ok for the fight to go forth yeh?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so it wasn't in the fight? he may have allegedly been caught trying to cheat but he never actually cheated in the fight? so what fight did he cheat in? shane & team must have agreed that everything was ok for the fight to go forth yeh?

Scratching the bottom of the barrel, eh?

Damn... when you have to resort to distinguishing between "caught trying to cheat" and "actually cheating"... you've really run low on ammunition.

But hey... it doesn't surprise me that you'd support a cheating scumbag like Margacheato.

I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scratching the bottom of the barrel, eh?

Damn... when you have to resort to distinguishing between "caught trying to cheat" and "actually cheating"... you've really run low on ammunition.

But hey... it doesn't surprise me that you'd support a cheating scumbag like Margacheato.

I'd be surprised if you didn't.
    so what did antonio use to cheat in the shane fight? i'm not supporting anyone. i'm asking you what fight antonio cheated in. shane & team were ok with the fight to go ahead so how did antonio cheat in the fight?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Semantics Tic. You are good at that to avoid the main point.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100%.

Which is why I'm not gonna fall into the same trap others continue to fall into with this other topic that shall remain unnamed, lest we start something here in the Boxing board.

When you have to play semantics and split insignificant hairs to make a point... you've already lost the argument.

(BTW, I don't agree that he's good at semantics. Semantics is a discipline, defined as such:

"Semantics is the study of reference, meaning, or truth.
    The term can be used to refer to subfields of several distinct disciplines, including philosophy, linguistics and computer science."

I think TIC just likes being contrary without offering any real substance to his point. He feels that by raw repetition of the same wordage, he's accomplishing something, when in actuality he's not.)
    Last edited by TitoFan; 02-22-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the main point was what fight did cheat in. if you want to say he got caught allegedly trying to cheat, i could understand that stance. but i wasn't asking about attempting to cheat. i asked what fight did he cheat in. you said antonio was caught cheating in the shane fight. do you mean attempting to cheat or in the actual fight? because my question was in what fight did he cheat in. meaning once the bell rung & the fight ended he was caught cheating in the actual fight. so what fight did antonio cheat in?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100%.

Which is why I'm not gonna fall into the same trap others continue to fall into with this other topic that shall remain unnamed, lest we start something here in the Boxing board.

When you have to play semantics and split insignificant hairs to make a point... you've already lost the argument.

(BTW, I don't agree that he's good at semantics. Semantics is a discipline, defined as such:

The term can be used to refer to subfields of several distinct disciplines, including philosophy, linguistics and computer science."

I think TIC just likes being contrary without offering any real substance to his point. He feels that by raw repetition of the same wordage, he's accomplishing something, when in actuality he's not.)
    if you think antonio is a cheater for attempting to cheat i have no issue with your opinion. that wasn't my question though. i asked what fight did he cheat in. the fight only starts once the bell rings. so what fight did antonio cheat in?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100%.

if you think antonio is a cheater for attempting to cheat i have no issue with your opinion. that wasn't my question though. i asked what fight did he cheat in. the fight only starts once the bell rings. so what fight did antonio cheat in?

The fight prior to Shane was the first Cotto fight. Are we to believe his being caught trying to cheat before the Shane fight was an isolated incident? Can you prove he didn't cheat in the Cotto fight or even before that? And just didn't get caught?
    What was his career like after he got caught trying to cheat? Normally when you get caught trying to cheat you've already gotten away with it before.

You have your opinion... I have mine.
    Let's leave it at that.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the main point was what fight did cheat in. if you want to say he got caught allegedly trying to cheat, i could understand that stance. but i wasn't asking about attempting to cheat. i asked what fight did he cheat in. you said antonio was caught cheating in the shane fight. do you mean attempting to cheat or in the actual fight? because my question was in what fight did he cheat in. meaning once the bell rung & the fight ended he was caught cheating in the actual fight. so what fight did antonio cheat in?
    A burglar can still be charged for burglary even if he did not enter the house he was intending to steal from because he was equipped. Margarita intended to illegally harden his gloves to inflict damage to Mosley. The only reason Shane's team agreed to fight was on the assurance that he had wrapped his gloves fairly after he was caught. Margarito was guilty and suspended for this incident.

If he did it for this fight how many others did he do it in?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100%.

The fight prior to Shane was the first Cotto fight. Are we to believe his being caught trying to cheat before the Shane fight was an isolated incident? Can you prove he didn't cheat in the Cotto fight or even before that? And just didn't get caught?
    What was his career like after he got caught trying to cheat? Normally when you get caught trying to cheat you've already gotten away with it before.

You have your opinion... I have mine.
    Let's leave it at that.
    miguel quit like a bitch. you can believe what you want. your belief isn't proof. why would i need to prove he didn't cheat in the miguel fight or before that? it is not my claim he did. that claim would need to be proven. you always trying to shift the burden of proof. his career after shane is not proof of his cheating in a fight. your opinion is not proof

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A burglar can still be charged for burglary even if he did not enter the house he was intending to steal from because he was equipped. Margarita intended to illegally harden his gloves to inflict damage to Mosley. The only reason Shane's team agreed to fight was on the assurance that he had wrapped his gloves fairly after he was caught. Margarito was guilty and suspended for this incident.

can there be a fight without the fighters actually fighting? like i said if you want to say that he was caught allegedly trying to cheat i can understand. you say shanes team agreed to fight because there was an assurance that antonio wrapped his gloves fairly. so antonio fought shane with fairly wrapped gloves. so he didn't cheat in the actual fight with shane. so what fight did he cheat in?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can there be a fight without the fighters actually fighting? like i said if you want to say that he was caught allegedly trying to cheat i can understand. you say shanes team agreed to fight because there was an assurance that antonio wrapped his gloves fairly. so antonio fought shane with fairly wrapped gloves. so he didn't cheat in the actual fight with shane. so what fight did he cheat in?
    Who cares if it was after the first bell or not? Only you. It does not matter he was found guilty so what more evidence do you need?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares if it was after the first bell or not? Only you. It does not matter he was found guilty so what more evidence do you need?
    you are missing the point. i understand where you are coming from. attempting to cheat, no problem with your position. but according to you the shane fight was fair. so i'm asking what actual fight, bell rings punches thrown did antonio cheat in?

Thread Information