Lawrence Okolie will be looking to make a second successful defence of his WBO cruiserweight world title when he takes on Michal Cieslak this weekend.

‘The Sauce’ beat Krzysztof Glowacki to claim the belt in March 2021 and then defended it against Dilan Prasovic last September.

Okolie took out Prasovic inside three rounds in an impressive display but 21 and one Polish fighter Cieslak promises to provide a sterner test.

Meanwhile, Galal Yafai, who won boxing gold for Team GB at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, will make his professional debut and Campbell Hatton, son of legend Ricky, will also be under the lights.

The O2 Arena is set to host the action despite being partially damaged by Storm Eunice last week.

The 12-round cruiserweight title bout is set to take place on Sunday, February 27 at The O2 Arena in London.

The undercard action will begin at 5pm with the Okolie vs Cieslak ring-walks set for around 10pm.

The fight will be shown on DAZN in the UK with their extended coverage starting from 3pm – the streaming service costs £7.99 per month, you can sign up HERE.

It can be streamed via the DAZN app and can be viewed on smart TVs, game consoles, connected devices, mobile, tablets and computers.

Lawrence Okolie v Michal Cieslak – for WBO cruiserweight title
Galal Yafai v Carlos Vado Bautista – for vacant WBC international flyweight title
Campbell Hatton v Joe Ducker
Karim Guerfi v Jordan Gill – for EBU European featherweight title
Anthony Fowler v Lukasz Maciec
Fabio Wardley v Daniel Martz
Demsey McKean v Ariel Esteban Bracamonte
Cheavon Clarke v Toni Visic
John Hedges v Aleksander Nagolski

Lawrence Okolie: “I believe on paper this could be one of the hardest fights. Until you actually get in the ring, you never know what someone’s got.

“Watching Cieslak’s fights, he’s a very good technical boxer. He’s got some power and good speed. All in all, it poses to be a very good challenging fight.

“I believe I’m going to go on to unify the division. One of the main things that we focus on and try to keep fit is mindset.

“So I’m making sure that we practice the mind, practice the body, put yourself in interesting situations and hold yourself accountable. I’m ready for this. This is a stage that I was made for. This is a fight I was made for.

“As soon as a fight is made, Cieslak is the only thing I think of. I’ve got a picture of him in my room. I watched all of his interviews. I don’t understand any of them but I like to watch his mannerisms. I’ve watched all of his fights. I know him and that’s what I focus on.”

Michal Cieslak: “It’s surely a big fight for Polish boxing. I can’t wait to actually attend the fight. I’m training very hard, and I can’t wait to fight.

“If I wasn’t sure I was going to win, I wouldn’t be here, I’ve been training since I was 13 so I’m ready to get the WBO title.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...mpbell-hatton/