Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lawrence Okolie vs Michal Cieslak

Lawrence Okolie will be looking to make a second successful defence of his WBO cruiserweight world title when he takes on Michal Cieslak this weekend.

‘The Sauce’ beat Krzysztof Glowacki to claim the belt in March 2021 and then defended it against Dilan Prasovic last September.

Okolie took out Prasovic inside three rounds in an impressive display but 21 and one Polish fighter Cieslak promises to provide a sterner test.

Meanwhile, Galal Yafai, who won boxing gold for Team GB at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, will make his professional debut and Campbell Hatton, son of legend Ricky, will also be under the lights.

The O2 Arena is set to host the action despite being partially damaged by Storm Eunice last week.

The 12-round cruiserweight title bout is set to take place on Sunday, February 27 at The O2 Arena in London.

The undercard action will begin at 5pm with the Okolie vs Cieslak ring-walks set for around 10pm.

The fight will be shown on DAZN in the UK with their extended coverage starting from 3pm – the streaming service costs £7.99 per month, you can sign up HERE.

It can be streamed via the DAZN app and can be viewed on smart TVs, game consoles, connected devices, mobile, tablets and computers.

Lawrence Okolie v Michal Cieslak – for WBO cruiserweight title
    Galal Yafai v Carlos Vado Bautista – for vacant WBC international flyweight title
    Campbell Hatton v Joe Ducker
    Karim Guerfi v Jordan Gill – for EBU European featherweight title
    Anthony Fowler v Lukasz Maciec
    Fabio Wardley v Daniel Martz
    Demsey McKean v Ariel Esteban Bracamonte
    Cheavon Clarke v Toni Visic
    John Hedges v Aleksander Nagolski

Lawrence Okolie: “I believe on paper this could be one of the hardest fights. Until you actually get in the ring, you never know what someone’s got.

“Watching Cieslak’s fights, he’s a very good technical boxer. He’s got some power and good speed. All in all, it poses to be a very good challenging fight.

“I believe I’m going to go on to unify the division. One of the main things that we focus on and try to keep fit is mindset.

“So I’m making sure that we practice the mind, practice the body, put yourself in interesting situations and hold yourself accountable. I’m ready for this. This is a stage that I was made for. This is a fight I was made for.

“As soon as a fight is made, Cieslak is the only thing I think of. I’ve got a picture of him in my room. I watched all of his interviews. I don’t understand any of them but I like to watch his mannerisms. I’ve watched all of his fights. I know him and that’s what I focus on.”

Michal Cieslak: “It’s surely a big fight for Polish boxing. I can’t wait to actually attend the fight. I’m training very hard, and I can’t wait to fight.

“If I wasn’t sure I was going to win, I wouldn’t be here, I’ve been training since I was 13 so I’m ready to get the WBO title.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...mpbell-hatton/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lawrence Okolie vs Michal Cieslak

i think this is lawrence's toughest opponent to date
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a KO by Gill.. out of absolutely nowhere.

As for Okolie, meh. His style is one of the worst to watch.

Even though he wins I just cannot take to him.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galal Yafai Debut!

He is winning fairly easily but he is wide open and still getting hit.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good solid debut by Yafai. Got caught a bit too easily once or twice but nit picking really as he was in control for every round. Good stoppage by the opposite corner, no point their man taking round after round of one way traffic and progessively heavier punishment. Will be fun to follow his progress.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once again an Okolie mess of a fight.

How does he get to headline shows? His fights are always shit shows.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the reff is earning his fee tonight (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Messier than Anne Widecombe trying to put a condom on a sock full of custard.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missed most of the fight but Okolie won round 10.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Missed most of the fight but Okolie won round 10.

Okolie has won most of the rounds but made it so hard for himself and to call it messy is an understatement.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okolie gets UD. Messy fight but he is the best in the division.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the least said about the Okolie fight the better. Watching him fight is like watching a spider try to climb back up through the plug hole.

The Jordan Gill fight was just about the most bonkers thing you could see. I switched it on during a replay of the DDT. The look in Gills eyes, I assumed I was watching a repeat of the end of the fight. He looked hurt and got wobbled multiple times after that to the point that I expected the towel several times. Pulls out a one hit finish that wasn't quite as chilling as Jackson Graham but it was every bit as dramatic. He then, post fight, appears to be hurt again and starts stumbling about. I think I heard him mutter "I didn't quit" before being told to take a stool. He suffered a double eardrum perforation apparently. Incredibly dramatic. Incredibly brave from Gill.

Yafai took a few hits but I think he was always comfortable. Looked assured, well schooled. Great output for a debut given that it was scheduled for ten. I know it's a debut and I know shit happens and you have replacements. But if crafting a boxer. A debut needs to be very much Galal Yafai and not Frazer Clarke.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad Eddie and DAZN did not clash with the Josh Taylor fight on Saturday as he has a habit of doing that.

This looked like a small event and was on Fox Sports in USA. I wonder how DAZN are doing and does Eddie regret leaving Sky?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The highlights don't really do this justice. Watch Gill from the DDT onwards. Gill was all over the shop. This is right up there with Williams Potter, Thompson Rothmaan or any other British victory from the jaws of defeat job. Initially I thought Gill dropped to his knees post fight. But the fucker just plain keeled over.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The highlights don't really do this justice. Watch Gill from the DDT onwards. Gill was all over the shop. This is right up there with Williams Potter, Thompson Rothmaan or any other British victory from the jaws of defeat job. Initially I thought Gill dropped to his knees post fight. But the fucker just plain keeled over.

Thanks for that. I tuned in on the night just after this one and now can see that for once there was no hyperbole from the ringside team when they were talking about Gill's remarkable last ditch KO.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information