Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Joshua v Wilder would have been a fight for the ages when they were both undefeated and champion's unifying the division. They both could not agree and wasted the opportunity and I hope they live to regret that for the rest of their lives.

I would see no value in the fight now unless both were rebuilding after losing their last fights and then both would be damaged goods.

Suppose Fury retires like he said he was going to. Who else is going to take over the HW division? I don't know.....

I'd still love to watch Wilder and AJ fight.

Too much hype back then, making the fans drool in anticipation.

Maybe this time they wouldn't do so much posturing and just fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Joshua v Wilder would have been a fight for the ages when they were both undefeated and champion's unifying the division. They both could not agree and wasted the opportunity and I hope they live to regret that for the rest of their lives.

I would see no value in the fight now unless both were rebuilding after losing their last fights and then both would be damaged goods.

Suppose Fury retires like he said he was going to. Who else is going to take over the HW division? I don't know.....

I'd still love to watch Wilder and AJ fight.

Too much hype back then, making the fans drool in anticipation.

Maybe this time they wouldn't do so much posturing and just fight.
    They could fight one another but I think that ship has sailed. AJ has to go through Usyk and Fury for the undisputed but if by some miracle he does not get too damaged the last thing he would want to do is take on a huge puncher like Wilder.

I think they will retire before they meet.

Shame, as it has all the ingredients of a classic match-up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frazer Clarke says fellow British heavyweight Anthony Joshua has made changes that can help him regain his world titles in an expected rematch against Oleksandr Usyk.

Two-time world champion Joshua lost by unanimous decision to Usyk in September last year, but appears likely to face the Ukrainian in a rematch for the WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight belts later this summer.

The most notable change in the Joshua camp appears to be the promotion of Angel Fernandez from coach to head trainer in place of Rob McCracken, who had guided Joshua since his amateur days.

Will Usyk face Fury for undisputed? 'It's part of the plan'Whittaker: I want to be Britain's greatest of all time
    Clarke, who is also trained by Fernandez, believes his stable mate will pose a different proposition for Usyk the second time around.

"I think the loss has made him better," Clarke told Sky Sports News. "He's opened his eyes a bit.

"It's made him mentally better. I think he knows what he needs to do.

"I think he's changed his situation, which he thinks will help him. He's got a team of people that are dedicated for one thing, and that's AJ getting the result."

"You can't write Usyk off, he's an unbelievable fighter. But I'd like to think AJ's in a place where he can go on and get this win."

Clarke, who won bronze at the Tokyo Olympics last summer, made a dominant professional debut in February but saw his progress halted by an injury to his right hand.

The Burton fighter is targeting a return to the ring in July and is confident that training under Fernandez's guidance without the aid of his biggest weapon - his right hand - will aid him in the long term.

"We've just adapted everything really," Clarke said. "Angel has really changed things for me. He's gone beyond, he does sessions where it's just the lead hand, footwork sessions, really specific stuff. We've improved what we can improve, a lot of strength stuff.

"Even though the right hand is out of use, there's so much more to boxing than this right hand. We've gone full circle. I feel strong and I feel fit.

"I think I've become a better fighter in the last eight weeks with this injury. I really do. I think I've become a lot better fighter mentally and physically.

"Getting back to full fitness is the first thing, then after that it's all about building momentum again, which would have happened after the debut. So I think we're going to get back in July hopefully and then the end of the year is going to be a busy one."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...105ee900b4e75b

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds like robert garcia will be with aj for this fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not a lot of time with a new trainer if the fight is supposed to be on july twenty third. could improve aj's offense but that also brings risks. puts aj at risk of more counters. what's roberts experience with heavyweights like?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clarke is just taking the piss. Will be roughly same outcome. hand speed foot work angles AJ has absolutely no answer...Will be chuffed when AJ loses again. He has always been believed to have been a much better of a fighter than he in reality actually is. Those who knew that from the beginning are those who have been proven right. He'ss just hype job. Klitschko - 41 years old - was his best win. Usyk beats Joshua same as last time --- just like Daniel Dubois beats Fujimoto every time, just like Liam Williams beats Fox every time, Suuny Edwards beats Braithwaithe every time, Winky Wright schools Trinidad 8 days a week or Foreman destroys Frazier 10 out of 10 times.

Last edited by zoley; 05-31-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    not a lot of time with a new trainer if the fight is supposed to be on july twenty third. could improve aj's offense but that also brings risks. puts aj at risk of more counters. what's roberts experience with heavyweights like?
    as i said not a lot of time before july twenty third, now looks like the fight could be in august

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as i said not a lot of time before july twenty third, now looks like the fight could be in august
    The delay to the contest will be down to not agreeing the price to stage the fight in the middle east which is ridiculous as they have had ages to sort that out.

Just have the fight at the Spurs ground again.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another black man Vs white man heavyweight war. Dillian Whyte let the blk side down against Fury and you know what I gotta feeling Usyk is gonna win and make it 2-0 for the white side

Not only is Usyk white but he is a white Ukrainian. AJ is gonna have to knock him out to get a draw. Such is the global support and love 4 Ukraine.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 06-01-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Another black man Vs white man heavyweight war. Dillian Whyte let the blk side down against Fury and you know what I gotta feeling Usyk is gonna win and make it 2-0 for the white side

Not only is Usyk white but he is a white Ukrainian. AJ is gonna have to knock him out to get a draw. Such is the global support and love 4 Ukraine.
    Fuck Ukraine and fuck Zelensky the puppet. Now I know usyk is Ukrainian I will root for AJ.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The delay to the contest will be down to not agreeing the price to stage the fight in the middle east which is ridiculous as they have had ages to sort that out.

Just have the fight at the Spurs ground again.
    more time with a new trainer is a benefit. the delay may also assist oleksandr

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just two men fighting. only racists see people by their colour

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keeping score, are we?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by titofan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson3.0 View Post
    another black man vs white man heavyweight war. Dillian whyte let the blk side down against fury and you know what i gotta feeling usyk is gonna win and make it 2-0 for the white side

not only is usyk white but he is a white ukrainian. Aj is gonna have to knock him out to get a draw. Such is the global support and love 4 ukraine.

keeping score, are we?
    Dam right

And I won't derail the topic and keep my opinions on the whole Russia - Ukraine situation to myself
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 06-01-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zoley View Post

Fuck Ukraine and fuck Zelensky the puppet. Now I know usyk is Ukrainian I will root for AJ.
    You did not know Usyk was Ukrainian? He has been fighting for his country as has Loma and Klit brothers.

Ukraine beat Scotland today, everyone loves the country.

Thread Information