Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Robert Garcia is a good trainer, but Joshua is a limited fighter. You can employ smart tactics but it does change Joshua’s limitations. Short of landing that big fight changing shot Joshua will lose. He simply isn’t nearly as good as Usyk
    (And Master I will always our argument about who would will between Kovalev and Usyk, bet you understand better now)
    Always respect your opinion, except about Floyd, but think AJ can win this rematch with the a change of tactics to use his size, strength and be far more aggressive.
    Anyfings possible but if he tries it like that he better knock him the fook out in 4 rounds or he will gas. And get ktfo hisself

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kubrat Pulev expects Oleksandr Usyk to knock out Anthony Joshua in their highly-anticipated rematch.

The Bulgarian star doesn’t rate the British superstar very highly at all.

That’s despite being knocked out by him at the O2 Arena in London back in 2020.

But he insists that was because he didn’t prepare properly for their fight.

Pulev told iFL TV: “When they make a rematch, I think Usyk is going to knock him out because Joshua is nothing special.

“I lost against him, but I wasn’t good prepared.

“It’s my mistake, of course. It’s my fault, but that was the situation. Now I have a lot of power and energy. Health is most important.”

Joshua, 32, has assembled a crack team after having a huge sort out to help him get over what his new trainer Robert Garcia has described as a ‘mental problem’ ahead of his rematch with Usyk.

AJ suffered his second career defeat in September last year when he was outpointed by Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

But Garcia is convinced they can bring the best out of him as he attempts to regain his belts.

Garcia told his YouTube channel: “A lot of fighters, they come off a loss – like probably after the Andy Ruiz Jr fight – they come off a loss thinking that was never gonna happen.

“So it affected him, it affected him mentally.

“He probably thought, ‘Maybe that’s the end of my career, maybe that’s it,’ so he had a lot of things going on in his mind.

“I think that’s one of the most important things that affected Anthony and that’s what I’m here to change – me and Angel and other help that he’s got.

“He’s created a team of not only me and Angel teaming up, preparing the game plan and training him with the right strategy or the right sparring partners to go out and perform.

“He hired other people that are also very smart.

“Not boxing trainers, just different people that could help with the way he’s thinking.

“Somebody that’s with him, thinking positive with him. Everybody around him is positive.

“Everybody around him is pushing him to his limits, to what he was doing before he lost his first fight.

“He needs to know and believe that he’s still as good, or he’s gonna be even better than he was before he became champion for the first time, when he went out there and was knocking everybody out.”

Garcia, 47, has worked with many current and former world champions throughout his career including his brother Mikey Garcia, 34, Filipino icon Nonito Donaire, 39, and Argentine legend Marcos Maidana, 38.

He continued: “A lot of times when a fighter is so good, so accomplished with a gold medal, two-time heavyweight champion, sometimes then they might get a little too comfortable.

“They might think, ‘I already lost a fight, so maybe I’m not as good?’

“It gets to the head. It’s something that we have to change.

“Because he already did it. He already won the gold medal against the best fighters in the world.

“And then as a pro he also did beat the best to become heavyweight champion of the world.

“We didn’t see that before he lost. After he lost is when we’ve seen that there’s more of a mental problem so we’re working on that.

“We have to push him in training, in sparring.

“The work is gonna be done, he just has to go out there and perform.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...342f534e1d697a
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can we add a poll here to see how people see this going.

I honestly give Joshua a 15% chance of winning and that's just going for it from the start and imposing his strength and going for the kill.

Dangerous against a smart tactician like Usyk but the only way I see an AJ win.

Once it goes past 4 Joshua is there for the taking.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2 Poll

Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2 who wins?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poll added.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to go Usyk points. Reviewing highlights from the first fight, AJ has nothing that should bother Usyk this time around.

Usyk showed he takes a pretty good punch, probably better than AJ does. Usyk's side to side style is going to forever bother AJ, who only knows backwards and forward. In fact, it was exiting some of these lateral moves that Usyk tagged Joshua a lot of the times. Joshua may try and press early... but I think his survival instincts will kick in so as to not risk a knockout loss. We saw that in Joshua-Ruiz II, where AJ basically was extremely careful not to engage Ruiz and risk another knockout loss. Joshua's hands are too slow for Usyk, who moves in such a way as to absorb whatever power AJ may have. I'm sure Usyk will be the consummate boxer in the first few rounds of the fight, avoiding possible rushes and flurries from AJ. I was tempted to say Usyk by KO... but I think Usyk knows AJ could land a haymaker and change the whole course of the fight. So I'll stick with Usyk points.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has changed trainers, tactics and physique ahead of his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk but promoter Frank Warren still believes he has one big flaw that will let him down.

In the first fight between Usyk and Joshua, the Ukrainian put on a boxing masterclass to win by unanimous decision and claim the unified WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles.

Joshua was widely criticised following the loss for his game plan of trying to out-box one of the most technically gifted fighters in the world.

In the rematch, ‘AJ’ insists that he will be changing tacks and using his size and strength advantages to go for the knockout and from recent pictures posted to his Instagram it seems he is packing on the muscle in preparation.

Joshua has also switched out his long-time trainer, Rob McCracken, and replaced him with the dynamic duo of Angel Fernandez and Robert Garcia.

Despite these changes, Frank Warren, who promotes Joshua’s fiercest rival Tyson Fury, is unconvinced that the Brit will be able to get the job done in the rematch.

“I’ve seen all these pictures and photographs of how big Anthony’s got and he’s got a new trainer, so good luck to him, I hope he wins.” Warren told SecondsOut.

“But, I just think Usyk’s got his number and whatever is gonna be is gonna be.

“The big worry is you can train and train and do all of these sorts of things, you can build your body up, but one thing you can’t do is you can’t put muscles on chins.”

This is in reference to the fact that Joshua is often criticised for his lack of punch resistance, stemming from his first fight with Andy Ruiz Jr when the Brit was knocked down four times on his his way to a stoppage defeat.

With that being said, this criticism is relatively unfounded given that Joshua has only been stopped once in 26 professional bouts and outside of the Ruiz Jr fight he has only ever been dropped by Wladimir Klitschko.

This is the heavyweight division, where every fighter has the power to knock their opponent out at any moment and when that is considered, it could be said that ‘AJ’ is actually fairly robust.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...leksandr-usyk/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only hope is to rough him up bad and fast and risk gassing. Use the size and power. But it'll be a tad like Foreman vs Young.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going with Joshua this time, a bit of a risky bet but he's in a bad way if he loses so I think he'll pull it out of the bag, the guy is monsterously powerful and it'll only take a few good ones to take the life out of usyk.....

I also though Alvarez would beat bivol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seen photos of usyk training. Looks bigger to me.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OLEKSANDR USYK has impressed fans with his latest training pictures.

The Ukrainian is hard at work preparing for his highly-anticipated rematch with Anthony Joshua.

Usyk, 35, snatched the Brit's heavyweight belts by comfortably outpointing him at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last September.

The pair were supposed to meet again in May, although the ongoing war in Ukraine delayed the bout.

Usyk joined his country's military in the wake of Russia's invasion, but was later given permission by Ukraine's sports minister to return to training.

The 35-year-old is looking in imperious shape as he gears up for his second Joshua showdown.

In pictures shared to his Instagram, The Cat can be seen sparring with his coach at Box IQ in Dubai.

He captioned it "Working hard..." and fans are impressed with his physique.

One wrote: "Looking big."

While a second commented: "Looking big, knock him out this time."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18924...oshua-rematch/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could backfire for Usyk... If he bulks up too much, will he lose the insane agility he needed to outmaneuver and outclass AJ the first time? Will he feel "stronger" and take more risks this time? Could backfire.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Robert Garcia is a good trainer, but Joshua is a limited fighter. You can employ smart tactics but it does change Joshua’s limitations. Short of landing that big fight changing shot Joshua will lose. He simply isn’t nearly as good as Usyk
    (And Master I will always our argument about who would will between Kovalev and Usyk, bet you understand better now)
    Always respect your opinion, except about Floyd, but think AJ can win this rematch with the a change of tactics to use his size, strength and be far more aggressive.
    I never got a Floyd fight wrong

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANTHONY JOSHUA and Oleksandr Usyk's hotly-anticipated rematch is NOW finally in the diary after months of speculation.

Joshua and his Ukrainian counterpart had been due to do battle in May, but Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine put that on hold.

35-year-old Usyk returned to his home country to join the fight against Russia, which began in February.

He has now returned to his training camp upon receiving permission to do so from Ukraine's sports minister.

Usyk outpointed and largely outclassed a game Joshua in front of 70,000 fans at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last September to win the WBA, WBO, IBF & IBO world titles.

Just like the Olympic gold medallist did after his loss to Andy Ruiz Jr in 2019, Joshua wants to right his wrong by facing the Ukrainian in a rematch.

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn told The Sun earlier this month that his client is 'baffled' by the tactics used last year, and hinted at a change of gameplan for the rematch.

He said: "I was talking to him the other night and I think finally it’s baffled him why he fought like that.

"For a long time, he still felt even when he lost that he could still beat Usyk like that. But why when you don’t need to fight like that?

"He could fight in your old style and have a much better chance of beating him. Klitschko-style but Usyk is a tremendous fighter, a great counterpuncher."

Hearn added that AJ "needs to be a lot more aggressive" this time.

The two sides have spent months negotiating a money-spinning deal for AJ's second fight in Saudi Arabia, having beaten Andy Ruiz Jr on points in the oil-rich country in December 2019.

Joshua will also have a new training team, with the experienced Robert Garcia leading his corner while Angel Fernandez plays second-in-command.

• Joshua vs Usyk 2 will take place on Saturday, August 20.
    • The fight is going to be held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
    • Joshua last fought in Saudi Arabia in December 2019, with the fight beginning at 9pm UK time.

• Joshua vs Usyk 2 will be shown on DAZN after the Brit left Sky Sports in a deal worth up to £100 million.
    • It's unclear how much the PPV will cost, with DAZN adding a pay-per-view arm to their model this year.
    • DAZN costs £7.99 to subscribe to in the UK, with subscribers given unrivalled access to a host of big names including Canelo Alvarez and Ryan Garcia.

The fight will take place in the Jeddah Super Dome.

The 40,000-seater stadium is the largest geodesic dome in the world to stand without pillars, and hosted the WWE Elimination Chamber in February.

Saudi Arabia has been a controversial host country, with the oil-rich nation accused of sports washing after spending huge sums luring some of the world's best golfers to their new LIV series.

Hearn, however, has dismissed any such comparison. He said: "He is not worried about any backlash because he has done it before.

"He will ultimately go, 'Eddie over to you'. I am not going to pass the buck but it is very different when the deal is a 50/50 split. How can we go back to Usyk and say, 'Let’s do it at Spurs’ because they will just say it is a non-starter."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16270...l-live-stream/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

aj will lose worse this time
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information