Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    At the neural level, at the psychiatric level, AJ was marketed into being this huge Adonis and he went along with it. But the fire was really never there. I give him credit for his victory over Klit, and this will FOREVER be looked upon as his shining moment in the sun. So AJ in a way can sort of be looked upon as a Leon Spinks or a Buster Douglas kind of flash in the pan really. A big huge guy like that, ripped with muscles, he fills all the visual reqs and checks all the boxes. Thing was and still is, if the fire aint there, the fire aint there.
    Leon and Buster never successfully defended the titles the way AJ did. AJ is better than those two. If I had to compare AJ to past heavyweights it would be Ernie Terrell, 6 ft 6inches, muscle, paper champ whilst the real heavyweight was Ali.
    And neither one came remotely close to having the title pre packaged for them the way AJ did and they remained in underdog status. Where would AJ be had he squared off with the Tokyo Tyson as well as Holyfield waiting for him 7 months later. All hypothetical we know but thus far I have to give Buster the nod for coming back from most overall career adversity/low point..if only a night .

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury seemingly sailed off into the sunset earlier this year following his knockout win over Dillian Whyte at Wembley, but ‘The Gypsy King’ hasn’t definitively ruled out a return to the squared circle.

He’s even suggested that if Joshua can get past Oleksandr Usyk in their August rematch, he’ll battle AJ under the right set of circumstances.

The stipulations, however, could pose a problem, with Fury wanting the pair to fight for free at Wembley Stadium with the contest being broadcast on free-to-air television in the United Kingdom.

Eddie Hearn, unsurprisingly, didn’t really believe Tyson was being serious when he spoke to DAZN about the offer.

“He’s a genius Tyson Fury because no one ever questions what he says,” Hearn said.

“On the one hand, he said you’ve got to pay him 500 million to come out of retirement, and in the next sentence, he says he will fight AJ for free on non-PPV. It’s absolutely brilliant.

“The only way Tyson Fury’s going to fight again is for a bucket load of money, and Tyson Fury will go to Timbuktu or Mars for a bucket load of money.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...c75c5cf5a987db
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua's training partner Frazer Clarke has revealed that the Brit intends to 'outhustle' Oleksandr Usyk with educated pressure. Clarke is currently helping 'AJ' with preparations in Loughborough for his rematch next month and 'has not missed a session'.

According to 'The Eraser', the focus of the camp has been on mixing aggression with composure. 'AJ' was criticised for not using his size and strength more in the first fight back in September as he dropped his WBA (super), WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles to the Ukrainian at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Now, the Watford powerhouse is expected to change his approach for the August 20 date and build upon the blueprint laid out by Derek Chisora for success against 'The Cat'.

"All focus has been on Usyk, and on outhustling him with educated pressure. Although this is an awkward fight against a very skilled heavyweight, just like Tyson Fury is, AJ has his mind on the game for this," Clarke told The Telegraph.

"Listen, the words Tyson Fury haven't even been muttered in our gym because we know that the job at hand is a difficult one. There's no two ways about it, Usyk is one of the more skillful heavyweight champions we've had in recent years. On a skill level, Usyk and Fury are at the top of the tree, even if you go back in history. Just going in there and mauling him like people are suggesting, it's never going to happen. Nor will trying to outbox him.

"AJ will definitely take a more positive approach from him, and we know Usyk can be outhustled. We saw that in his fights against Derek Chisora, and his first heavyweight opponent, Chaz Witherspoon. Let's be honest, this isn't an amateur fight, this is professional fighting, this is street fighting with a referee and gloves and rules so you've got to do whatever you can to unsettle this man and use all your attributes."

Usyk has typically been given his toughest fights by boxers that adopt a highly-aggressive and physical approach. Chisora was able to cause Usyk problems early on in their contest back in 2020 by applying constant pressure and attempting to out-muscle his foe. Joshua will look to fight a similar fight to 'Del Boy' but with more awareness of what is coming back at him.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...df3f7746faf6bc

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fair enough but hardly a reveal - we all know what tactics he has to employ to get the job done. Its the only way to win.

Usyk knows as well....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uzyk will finish him off faster this time finish him off to sail out to the horizon in a career ending embarrassment.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny how things get increasingly seen through a prism ….. I remember Joshua being competitive and Usyk being very wary of his size and power. He got outboxed and punished in the end, but Usyk is not the second coming of Achilles and Joshua is not suddenly a mediocre plodder who has nothing but a punch.

Everybody thinks this is a cakewalk for Usyk. Far from it in my view. Joshua is undoubtedly in the top two active heavyweights in the world.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Funny how things get increasingly seen through a prism ….. I remember Joshua being competitive and Usyk being very wary of his size and power. He got outboxed and punished in the end, but Usyk is not the second coming of Achilles and Joshua is not suddenly a mediocre plodder who has nothing but a punch.

Everybody thinks this is a cakewalk for Usyk. Far from it in my view. Joshua is undoubtedly in the top two active heavyweights in the world.
    Uzyk will have to work his ass off like never, ever before. Joshua will have tricks up his sleeves. Joshua will bring the unpredictable strategies and make Uzyk fight for his life in there. But Joshua gasses badly after an even fight through 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk has admitted that his first fight with Anthony Joshua in September was "really difficult" as he shut down claims that it was an easy night's work. The Ukrainian beat Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London to claim the WBA (super), WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles.

Usyk looked to be in cruise control as he outpointed Joshua over the duration of the fight to claim the unanimous decision victory. But 'The Cat' admits it wasn't as comfortable as it looked.

"It was a really difficult fight for me," Usyk told Boxing Scene. "Everybody keeps saying it was an easy walk, but, no, it wasn't. It was a hard fight for him and for me. After the fight, I came back to the hotel, and I took some food and I fall asleep sitting [up]."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...id=msedgntphdr

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Oleksandr Usyk has admitted that his first fight with Anthony Joshua in September was "really difficult" as he shut down claims that it was an easy night's work. The Ukrainian beat Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London to claim the WBA (super), WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles.

Usyk looked to be in cruise control as he outpointed Joshua over the duration of the fight to claim the unanimous decision victory. But 'The Cat' admits it wasn't as comfortable as it looked.

"It was a really difficult fight for me," Usyk told Boxing Scene. "Everybody keeps saying it was an easy walk, but, no, it wasn't. It was a hard fight for him and for me. After the fight, I came back to the hotel, and I took some food and I fall asleep sitting [up]."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...id=msedgntphdr
    Joshua is a big dude and on his worst night you are going to feel it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing fans are quite understandably furious with the PPV price set by Sky Sports’ Box Office for Anthony Joshua’s rematch against Oleksandr Usyk on August 20.

The two are set to do battle once again in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia next month with the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles at stake.

Despite a staggering £100million deal that was signed with streaming stalwarts DAZN being put in place, it was reported that Sky Sports had won rights to show the fight on Box Office for £25m.

When Usyk first met AJ at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in September of last year, the price for fans to purchase the event was set at £24.95.

However, they have increased the price for the rematch by another £2 to make it the highest PPV price in British boxing history.

Fans wasted no time in taking to Twitter to criticise the whopping amount they have to pay for what is being called the Rage on the Red Sea, with The Sun compiling some of the reactions.

In response to Sky’s announcement, one user tweeted: “Won’t be watching it for that price though… Streaming it is… it was a joke at £19.99 but we paid it, but £26.95? No chance.”

Another chimed in with: “No wonder people will stream it on fire sticks and what not. £27 is becoming a joke now.

“It won’t be long before Amazon and DAZN take it all with Sky and BT’s ridiculous pricing.”

A third added: “27 quid for a fight… Wow!!”

This fan also provided a touch of sarcasm: “Cheers for putting the price up!”

Meanwhile one said: “£27 and they wonder why people stream illegally.”

Another added: “I’ve watched most of Joshua’s fights so far and paid but I am skipping this one.”

Failing to keep his disappointment inside, one then simply expressed: “Plain greed. Losing a usual customer.”

On then had some humour about it and joked with: “£26.95. The only winner is Sky Sports.”

When Usyk and Joshua first met last year, Joshua was in a purple patch of form having defeated Andy Ruiz Jr. to reclaim his heavyweight crown and knocking out Kubrat Pulev.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...456a23156371f5

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be in Turkey where it will be shown for free.

As much as I would want to see this if back home no way would I pay £27.

The pubs will be heaving for it mind, no idea how much venues pay to show a SBO event ??

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not even sure what time it would be on either

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I'll be in Turkey where it will be shown for free.

As much as I would want to see this if back home no way would I pay £27.

The pubs will be heaving for it mind, no idea how much venues pay to show a SBO event ??
    what city you in? We lived in Kumkapi (Sultanahmet) for 18 months and then the next time we lived in Turkey for a year in ANkara.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TBH, we would kill here in the US to be able to see a fight of this calibre for only 27 pounds. We usually gotta pay $50 and up

Thread Information