Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Usyk is insisting this is round 13 and that may come back to bite him. I have backed AJ to win by KO here as a bit of a counter to so many Brits wanting him to lose because they are butt hurt racist twats, but I can see with my boxing head that is a long shot. I got decent value in a ko by 4 for AJ, disqualification for either, (which is super unlikely but value odds that more than reflect that) or a stoppage by either within 3.

All the bookies see Usyk as a overwhelming favourite and logic would see him build on the first fight and break an already fragile AJ earlier, but I think Usyk is going to try and stand toe to toe from the start and rely on his accuracy to win a firefight. I think that leaves him open to being hurt by a less accurate but more hurtful Joshua who nowhere near as shite as everyone is claiming. He is flawed but he is capable of much more than he has shown recently.

Should be fun whatever way the hammer falls. May the best man win... Or be disqualified for getting carried away (:
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk is going to make Joshua quit.

I can't believe his entire fight plan amounts to "go in there and smash him". He may well start the fight like that but as soon as he takes a big punch on his chin he'll back off and fight safety first. By halfway he'll be out of ideas and fighting not to get knocked out but will either get sparked, stopped or he'll just outright quit in the later rounds. I think the last of these options is a definite possibility.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua: I'm coming back in here to overpower him.

Uncle Joon: Either come heavy or don't come at all.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i think the knockdowns to andy ruiz still linger in aj's mind & when the going gets tough aj seems lost. i thought aj would be able to fight aggressively & defeat oleksandr in the first fight but he failed to do so. i don't have much faith in aj doing so in the rematch
    Totally. AJ is totally spooked. Somebody mentioned that he might quit early, I think that's also a good possibility. But if he quits early that's the end of his career. There was some perception that he kind of quit in the first fight with Ruiz. When the ref wave did off he hardly complained and didn't look like he really wanted to be there. To be fair there was talk of him having a concussion from sparring.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder predicts Oleksandr Usyk will "easily" beat Anthony Joshua in their world heavyweight title rematch on Saturday night.

My totally honest opinion is that it's going to depend on the fighters," Wilder explained during an appearance on the PBC Podcast. "A lot of time has passed and there's been a lot of time given to strategise for the second time around. They say when you fight a person you know him a little bit better the second time, even a little bit more the third.

"It's all going to be up to those guys. My heart says Usyk easily, he's got the momentum now and how he was able to do it the last time around. But this is boxing at the end of the day and you just never know how it's going to to end up panned out until the end of it. I wish them all the best of luck and I hope they get out of the ring just like they came in; safe and sound."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d9004fa1f2647e
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua believes he can bring Tyson Fury out of retirement if he beats Oleksandr Usyk this weekend.

The British heavyweight will step in the ring in a sequel with Usyk on Saturday night at the Jeddah Super Dome in Saudi Arabia with the intentions of reclaiming his unified world crown. A win for Joshua could rekindle talks with bitter rival Fury who has retained his WBC world title despite binning the Ring Magazine belt as he ponders retirement.

Fury recently re-announced his retirement again in an official statement on his 34th birthday after failing to complete a deal for a trilogy fight with Derek Chisora. And Joshua has joked about Fury's purchase of a supercar and his dog must have seen him left "bored" without competing in the ring.

"Yeah I can bring him out of retirement definitely one hundred per cent," Joshua told reporters when asked if he still wants to challenge Fury if he defeats Usyk this weekend. "I think he will bring himself out of retirement because there is nothing for him to do.

"I don't think he has thought about life after boxing so I reckon he is pretty bored as there is nothing for him to do. You end up getting a dog and a Ferrari to keep yourself busy as there is not much else for him to do now. So yeah I think he will definitely come out of retirement."

Fury recently showed off the acquisition of a new Ferrari sports car worth £30,000 in a latest video aimed at Chisora requesting him to sign the contract. The 'Gypsy King' also bought a new security Rottweiler guard dog which will live with him and his family at his plush Morecambe Bay residence.

He announced that he would name the dog 'Cash' in a tribute to the millions he has made as a fighter, including in his most recent fights against Dillian Whyte and Deontay Wilder. Fury could have earned a career-high payday for an undisputed title clash against Joshua with the pair having signed on a bout agreement with both fighters set to pocked around £100 million.

However he was instead left frustrated after being forced to pull out of the deal and fight Wilder in a third meeting after an order from court. A fight between the British pair will likely still earn the pair mega-money and could be lucrative irrespective of Joshua's result against Usyk.

Fury most recently made an offer to fight Joshua for free, telling fans in an Instagram video: "I swear to God I hope he wins the fight against Usyk so that I can come out of retirement and fight him for free. However, the terms are these; I want it at Wembley stadium, I want it free to enter and I want it on free-to-air in television in this country. I'll fight him in England, not abroad in a foreign country for more money; here for free for the people."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxing-27776361

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how wild would it be if oleksandr fights orthodox?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk only fought in the orthodox stance for the open workout to play with the media.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Usyk only fought in the orthodox stance for the open workout to play with the media.
    I didn’t see the open workout , but I was feeling exactly the same after I heard AJ on one of the preview shows talking/moaning about “fighting lefties.”
    The thing is good boxers rarely comment about the unorthodox issues of the opposition because they’re good enough to adjust and not make a big deal about it.
    On another point, is it just me that thinks that Sky’s marketing has been a bit low key and underwhelming for this fight. I would expect it to be in my face 24/7.
    I heard that Eddie said the other day it’s because AJ is a DAZN fighter. But surely you wouldn’t want to make a loss regardless?
    All sounds a bit childish to me.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I didn’t see the open workout , but I was feeling exactly the same after I heard AJ on one of the preview shows talking/moaning about “fighting lefties.”
    The thing is good boxers rarely comment about the unorthodox issues of the opposition because they’re good enough to adjust and not make a big deal about it.
    On another point, is it just me that thinks that Sky’s marketing has been a bit low key and underwhelming for this fight. I would expect it to be in my face 24/7.
    I heard that Eddie said the other day it’s because AJ is a DAZN fighter. But surely you wouldn’t want to make a loss regardless?
    The hype is there.

Talk Sport Radio have been publicising it as they have got the rights to the fight.

Eddie was on BBC this morning talking about the fight but he looked nervous that his cash cow may lose.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    The hype is there.

Talk Sport Radio have been publicising it as they have got the rights to the fight.

Eddie was on BBC this morning talking about the fight but he looked nervous that his cash cow may lose.
    I don’t listen to Talksport cos they’re mainly full of shit. Very little on Sky considered they are showing it AND it’s on Box Office.
    You would expect it to be everywhere.
    I’ve even seen ads on terrestrial TV for previous Sky box office fights.
    I couldn’t care less really because I refuse to PPV.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after all the rumours, their weights are about the same as last time. Joshua is not going to go on his bike like he did against Ruiz. Looks like he is going for the stoppage!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    after all the rumours, their weights are about the same as last time. Joshua is not going to go on his bike like he did against Ruiz. Looks like he is going for the stoppage!
    Amir Khan started the rumours so he should be blamed and proves he is a thick idiot.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    So same ol same ol, all the rumors were just that. Like Round 13 blah blah blah.... thanks to Khan. AJ is looking to blow the doors off him within 5 or 6 tops, after that he gets taken out to deep waters (unless Usyk knocks him out before that) where he will get stopped late on his feet.

Round 9. Cannot deny AJ has the 40% chance of catching him early though.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"any hope of a Tyson fury Anthony Joshua mega fight will be completely dashed if Joshua beats Usyk in the rematch, as then they will have a third fight."

-- Anonymous

Thread Information