Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Place called Dalyan. Been going there a few years now a couple times a year.

Interesting to see what the buy numbers will be like in UK. Am figuring the fight will be around midnight our time.

Only a die hard fan would fork that out you'd think.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You often wonder why not charge a tenner and probably get 2 or 3 times more people buying it..... Surely that idea crosses someone's mind....

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Place called Dalyan. Been going there a few years now a couple times a year.

Interesting to see what the buy numbers will be like in UK. Am figuring the fight will be around midnight our time.

Only a die hard fan would fork that out you'd think.
    KNow the area well, right between Fethiye and Marmaris.

Yes lower it to 10 pounds and just sell more tix, would be wiser and friendlier to society at large.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has been warned he is making a big mistake by putting on too much weight ahead of his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk by boxing legend Andre Ward.

Joshua, 32, relinquished the WBA (Super), WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight world titles to the Ukrainian last September.

Usyk, the former undisputed cruiserweight world champion, used his superior fight IQ to outfox Joshua, whom many felt had lost too much weight.

The Brit will get the opportunity to exact revenge on Usyk in Saudi Arabia on August 20.

Joshua has put on more muscle in the build-up to his second meeting with ‘The Cat’, a decision many believe he’s made in order to inflict more damage in the bout.

Like many others, Ward is looking forward to the rematch but he revealed that he wants the former champion to lose a few more pounds to give him a better chance of keeping his stamina in the latter stages of the fight.

In a reported interview with Max on Boxing, as quoted by BoxingScene.com, he said: “Man I’ve been trying to tell Anthony Joshua for the past six or seven years – get the mass off.

“Then you’ll feel faster, you’ll want to throw more punches and you won’t hit that wall midway in the fight where that blood fills up in your muscles and you can’t get the shots off.

“This is tough, I feel like Anthony Joshua is always this moving target, you know psychologically where is he at? Stylistically where is he at? Is he putting on more muscle mass, taking muscle off?

“All these variables sort of answer that question and we don’t have that answer.”

Ahead of the Middle East clash Frank Warren has also perhaps unsurprisingly chipped in with his two cents.

And despite wishing AJ well in the rematch, promoter Warren doesn’t think his bulking will bode well for him against Usyk.

He told Seconds Out: “I’ve seen all these photographs of how big Anthony Joshua has got, [he’s] got a new trainer, good luck to him.

“I hope he wins it… but I just feel that Usyk’s got his number and the big worry is that you can train, you can train and do all these sorts of things.

“You can build your body up but one thing you can’t do is you can’t put muscles on chins.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f18bd0470ff702
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Putting on too much weight will make it harder for him to catch his opponent, who moves like a cobra.

This is getting stranger and stranger.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think the knockdowns to andy ruiz still linger in aj's mind & when the going gets tough aj seems lost. i thought aj would be able to fight aggressively & defeat oleksandr in the first fight but he failed to do so. i don't have much faith in aj doing so in the rematch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes the KDs against Ruiz have spooked him and spooked him good.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is not the same fighter after his first loss. He has lost his confidence and that doubt led to his timid performance against Usyk. He can rectify that by being aggressive, being on the front foot and using his size. I do not think he has much of a future in the division as Fury will ruin him.

I can see if AJ wins him relinquish the titles to take on easier opponents and prolong his career.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ is not the same fighter after his first loss. He has lost his confidence and that doubt led to his timid performance against Usyk. He can rectify that by being aggressive, being on the front foot and using his size. I do not think he has much of a future in the division as Fury will ruin him.

I can see if AJ wins him relinquish the titles to take on easier opponents and prolong his career.
    So totally true. If AJ wins, and of course he has a decent chance but not a great chance, I think he should take on a string of lighter opponents meaning easier opponents, and try to build up some consecutive victories impressively, to get his confidence back, if at all possible. He is a big huge young guy, a real Adonis. And if George Foreman could fight until the age of 49 effectively, how could a big huge young guy like AJ not fight for at least another 5 years?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

aj has not been the same since the andy ruiz loss & his confidence is shook. even in that loss he was still aggressive after the knockdowns, i don't think aj is a walk in the park for oleksandr, it's still a difficult task, i'm just not sure aj can fight the way he used to anymore
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn admits that Tyson Fury is better than Anthony Joshua despite retirement

He went on to say: “If you asked me right now, who’s the best heavyweight in the world, I would say Tyson Fury. Pains us to say it but that’s facts.”

He then talked about the chats he held with Fury about signing him when he made his comeback before talking about the A-Side vs B-Side potential fallout: “Fury was always the B-Side commercially, but the rise of Tyson Fury in the last two years, like he’s put himself right up there.

“At the moment, on paper Tyson Fury’s the best heavyweight in the world. If AJ beats Usyk, it’s arguable you know, but like again, you get to a point, I think as they get older it’s easier, I think people just go ‘oh look, who cares’ AJ’s got in a position before when walk-in second and he’s actually one of them that goes “I don’t care, I just want to fight.’

“But, when two people don’t like each other, no one wants to give an inch and it’s so frustrating, like you know, it could be the changing rooms on the night ‘I want first choice of changing room’ are you f*****g joking? You’re getting 100 mil, shut up! Get changed in the car park!”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d138aed1fd8738

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Few in history could beat Tyson

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just seen latest videos of Usyk - he is looking huge !

Joshua could be in trouble here

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Just seen latest videos of Usyk - he is looking huge !

Joshua could be in trouble here
    Usyk will be losing his advantages if he is that big as you describe.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk is not stupid

Thread Information