Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez v Dmitry Bivol - 7th May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i doubt judges will be needed for this fight. canelo will end it by a late knockout
    If judges are needed then Bivol should win on points. He will outbox Canelo as Kovalev was doing before he capitulated late on in their fight. I need to find out how the judges had that fight because Canelo should have been behind.

I disagree on both counts, @Master.

Bivol will never win on points. Never. Nunca. Jamais. Nooit. Nie. Not in Vegas, for crying out loud. Bivol would have to drop Canelo in every round to have any chance at getting a decision. And even then it would be split.

Ginger is the most protected fighter in modern history... and anyone who doesn't believe that is suffering from denial.

Kovalev fought Ginger like a shell-shocked Bambi. Looks like Andre Ward's KO of him to the body took out any of the bully that used to intimidate opponents. Team Ginger must've watched LOTS of film.

Bivol's not a murderous puncher.

So unfortunately he goes for the knockout and risks getting tagged himself..... or he resigns himself to seeing Ginger's arm raised at the end of the fight regardless of who actually deserves the decision.
    i could see dmitry winning a decision without dropping canelo in every round & possibly a unanimous decision if can can box & keep canelo from planting his feet. i didn't think canelo was protected against austin, floyd, erislandy, ggg times two, danny, callum & billy joe. i thought sergey boxed well before canelo iced him. andre's robbery & then nut shots may have taken some of sergey's desire. canelo will dominate against dmitry & i doubt the judges will be needed
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin definitely beat Canelo in their first fight and the judge that gave it to Canelo with his insane scoring showed he was being protected.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin definitely beat Canelo in their first fight and the judge that gave it to Canelo with his insane scoring showed he was being protected.
    i can see a draw in the first ggg fight. i had canelo losing but i can see how a draw can be justified, not a win though. does a judge protect a fighter in actual combat? canelo has to get in the ring & actually fight these opponents. canelo facing the unbeaten ggg was a big risk & he fought him again in his next fight after many felt he lost the first. another big risk. if i was trying to protect a fighter i wouldn't be putting him in with ggg back to back
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can see a draw in the first ggg fight. i had canelo losing but i can see how a draw can be justified, not a win though. does a judge protect a fighter in actual combat? canelo has to get in the ring & actually fight these opponents. canelo facing the unbeaten ggg was a big risk & he fought him again in his next fight after many felt he lost the first. another big risk. if i was trying to protect a fighter i wouldn't be putting him in with ggg back to back
    You would when you have at least 1 judge in your pocket and know all you have to do is get to a decision and you have a chance to win a decision. The extra burden on your opponent can be a negative.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would when you have at least 1 judge in your pocket and know all you have to do is get to a decision and you have a chance to win a decision. The extra burden on your opponent can be a negative.
    no i wouldn't because having a judge in your pocket doesn't soften the punches the opponent is throwing. lets say for example i have a judge in my pocket & know all i have to do is get jamie munguia to a decision and he will win a decision against ggg. even now that is a big risk for jamie. a judge in my pocket won't protect jamie in the ring. also canelo didn't get the decision in the first ggg fight

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no i wouldn't because having a judge in your pocket doesn't soften the punches the opponent is throwing. lets say for example i have a judge in my pocket & know all i have to do is get jamie munguia to a decision and he will win a decision against ggg. even now that is a big risk for jamie. a judge in my pocket won't protect jamie in the ring. also canelo didn't get the decision in the first ggg fight
    He got a gift of a draw.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I'll take Canelo by KO. I'm not saying Bivol hasn't got the goods, he's a good light heavy but he's very wide with his punches and likes to fight at his own pace and can be caught going straight back sometimes. He might not have been ready for that shot at the bell by Joe Smith, but it shows he can be wobbled. He recovered well for the next round, but his legs were jelly and against a good finisher with time, I don't think he'll be given that chance. I think he's a bit more dynamic than Beterbiev and not quite as stiff. That being said, I still think he's going to get caught with a counter he doesn't see and his corner will throw in the towel before too much damage is done.

Barring a KO, Bivols not winning a decision... not against Canelo. There will always be at least one judge that sees it 121-96 in favor if Canelo. Add this cancel culture nonsense on top of that and no way a Russian fighter will get anything in his favor on a world stage. It was a tactic that the clique-y teenage whiners brought to social media before the pandemic and now its been inflated to a global scale since, and is being used in war and international conflict and competition... how embarrassing. "I don't like you so we're gonna tell everyone you're not a nice person and everyone is going to out of their way to act like they ignore you to show how they good they are by attacking you and your views.." "Its not enough for you not to do the thing I don't like, you have to attack the people doing what I don't like..." Imagine being an athlete who has trained your whole life for something and then being told you can't compete because people are in their feelings about what your country/ancestors/ people that are the same skin color/ gender/ religion, etc did and where from 2 seconds ago to thousands of years ago. Whatever happened to the good old days when if someone had a problem with you directly, they stepped to you and went out on their feet or on their ass? or even filed a lawsuit (where you both had something to lose if you were wrong) Large scale tattling and shit-talking has become a way for people to get other people fight their battles for them. Mike Tyson was right, the internet made people too comfortable talking crap about people without getting punched in the face for it.

Klitchsko should know better. If you want to fight for your country, that's great. but there are people on both side of that border in harms way. Neither of which has to do with Bivol being able to fight Canelo.
    Look at the boomer making this all about his politics, talking about people used to do it face to face but now cancel culture has people saying things on the internet. While this boomer tells actual soldiers what’s what on the internet. The hypocrisy of this boomer is delicious.

Nobody cares about your politics. Leave the war to the fighting men old man

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got a gift of a draw.
    in your opinion

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only hope Bivol approaches this as if he cannot trust the judges. Seems like total common sense to go out like the entire arena will be rooting against you, war and Nationality aside.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got a gift of a draw.
    in your opinion
    Of course it is my opinion and many others including yours.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got a gift of a draw.
    in your opinion
    it is not my opinion. i had canelo losing but can see a draw scorecard being justified

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it is my opinion and many others including yours.[/QUOTE]

it is not my opinion. i had canelo losing but can see a draw scorecard being justified[/QUOTE]

Can you explain the 10-2 scorecard from the one judge?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it is not my opinion. i had canelo losing but can see a draw scorecard being justified[/QUOTE]

Can you explain the 10-2 scorecard from the one judge?[/QUOTE]

is a ten two scorecard a draw? i said i can see a justification for a draw scorecard

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr believes Cancelo Alvarez can become undisputed at light heavyweight

Errol Spence Jr believes Canelo Alvarez has what it takes to become undisputed in another division.

The Mexican completed the set at 168lbs after beating Caleb Plant in November, and now steps up to light heavyweight to face Dmitry Bivol in Las Vegas on May 7.

Canelo beat Sergey Kovalev at that weight in 2019, and while his next fight should he beat Bivol is expected to be against Gennady Golovkin, a December bout against potentially Artur Beterbiev or Joe Smith Jr has been rumoured.

That would suggest there is an ambition to become undisputed in the lightheavyweight division and Spence insists there is no reason why Canelo can’t deliver the goods once again.

“I don’t know, I mean Canelo does whatever he wants to do,” he told DAZN.

“He can, I think he can. He has the skill set, seems like he got the chin, I think he can do it.

“I feel like Canelo is doing whatever he wants to do - he’s chasing history. What he’s doing is unheard of, skipping weight classes. Fighting who he wants to fight.

“I don’t feel like he’s ducking anybody.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Errol angling for a cash-out opportunity? That would be the only logical explanation for all the sucking up.

Thread Information