1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez v Dmitry Bivol - 7th May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    • He claims he won the first 5 rounds of the fight (delusional)
    • He said he wasn't going to make excuses... then proceeded to make a ton of them
    • He didn't exercise the rematch clause right away. He wants the easy layup with 40-year old, bloated GGG first.

Sounds like an embarrassed fighter to me.
    canelo can say what he wants, if you disagree with him you'll have to take it up with him. as far as i am aware the plan was always dmitry first & then ggg, do you have information that goes against this? obviously if ggg lost to ryota the plan might have changed
    Yeah funny ain’t it? Normally a loss can change plans can’t it? Not for Canelo though . How does he airbrush the Bivol defeat from his record.
    You lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next?
    depends on the contract i guess. as far as i'm aware the plan was for a two fight deal, dmitry & then ggg. i can only assume it wasn't an immediate rematch clause, as the plan i was aware of was dmitry then ggg. if that was the case should ggg miss out on what i can only assume was agreed to? do you have any solid information that this was not the case in the contracts? air brushing has nothing to do with me. you lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next is what was agreed to in the contracts i guess
    Calm down pal, I know it doesn’t “have anything to do with you”, I know you’re not Canelo’s manager or anything. I was just after your thoughts.
    No need to get into the contractual technicalities of whether rematch clause was for now or 3 months ,2 weeks and 4 days, yadda yadda.
    Basically he had a rematch clause , but was so well beat , it put him off the rematch, as he probably thinks he couldn’t make the changes to win a rematch, so he’s gone for the easier option.
    If GGG couldn’t win either of the first 2 fights (and for the record, I always felt both decisions were absolutely correct.) , then how the fuck does he win this one?
    I suppose Canelo is entitled to take a slightly easier fight now and then. But now stay at SMW, don’t be going back up to 175 where you’re possibly only 3rd or 4th best in that division.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez v Dmitry Bivol - 7th May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    • He claims he won the first 5 rounds of the fight (delusional)
    • He said he wasn't going to make excuses... then proceeded to make a ton of them
    • He didn't exercise the rematch clause right away. He wants the easy layup with 40-year old, bloated GGG first.

Sounds like an embarrassed fighter to me.
    canelo can say what he wants, if you disagree with him you'll have to take it up with him. as far as i am aware the plan was always dmitry first & then ggg, do you have information that goes against this? obviously if ggg lost to ryota the plan might have changed
    Yeah funny ain’t it? Normally a loss can change plans can’t it? Not for Canelo though . How does he airbrush the Bivol defeat from his record.
    You lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next?
    depends on the contract i guess. as far as i'm aware the plan was for a two fight deal, dmitry & then ggg. i can only assume it wasn't an immediate rematch clause, as the plan i was aware of was dmitry then ggg. if that was the case should ggg miss out on what i can only assume was agreed to? do you have any solid information that this was not the case in the contracts? air brushing has nothing to do with me. you lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next is what was agreed to in the contracts i guess
    Calm down pal, I know it doesn’t “have anything to do with you”, I know you’re not Canelo’s manager or anything. I was just after your thoughts.
    No need to get into the contractual technicalities of whether rematch clause was for now or 3 months ,2 weeks and 4 days, yadda yadda.
    Basically he had a rematch clause , but was so well beat , it put him off the rematch, as he probably thinks he couldn’t make the changes to win a rematch, so he’s gone for the easier option.
    If GGG couldn’t win either of the first 2 fights (and for the record, I always felt both decisions were absolutely correct.) , then how the fuck does he win this one?
    I suppose Canelo is entitled to take a slightly easier fight now and then. But now stay at SMW, don’t be going back up to 175 where you’re possibly only 3rd or 4th best in that division.
    i am calm champ. i'm not sure what thoughts of mine you are after regarding air brushing. i have never said canelo didn't lose to dmitry. so i'd disagree with anyone that thought otherwise. there is no basically to it. i'm pretty sure contracts were signed & agreed to by all involved. the deal i am aware of was dmitry first, then ggg. if there was a rematch clause i assume it wasn't for an immediate rematch based on the information about the two fight deal of dmitry first & then ggg. canelo losing to dmitry doesn't mean ggg should miss out on what i assume was agreed to. we'll have to wait until fight time to see what ggg can do to win this one. so you want canelo to stay at one sixty eight now & not go back to one seventy five to rematch dmitry after this? i'd prefer canelo to go back up & face dmitry in a rematch & artur. i think those two deserve a canelo payday & present the biggest challenges for me
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information