Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez v Dmitry Bivol - 7th May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Why the mealy mouth mystery stuff from Canelo. "It was something else I don't want to say"

Funny he never mentioned what it actually 'was'..it was Bivol! Simple as. Saw the square off with Golovkin earlier and Canelo fuming and mean mugging. His tough guy stuff just feels like it's really wearing thin.

As much as I can't stand Canelo and am ecstatic about his getting wiped out by Bivol..... I'd have to say Canelo's lucky to be getting in the ring with GGG for a 3rd time.

Think about it.

GGG was robbed in their first fight. In the 2nd, he gave Canelo too much respect, and let the judges do their thing.

Now he's 40, AND.... he's going up to 168 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER to challenge a Canelo more in his prime, and bigger.

Does nobody else see this?

I don't see anything else but a Canelo KO victory in the mid-rounds.

Problem is it won't increase his legacy in my mind.

GGG's only hope is to go for the knockout, because he'll never get a decision. See how the judges saw the Canelo-Bivol fight. They ALMOST robbed Bivol.

So by going for the KO, Golovkin will probably get knocked out himself.

After that, I hope Canelo DOES get his rematch at 175. This time Bivol will finish him off.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why the mealy mouth mystery stuff from Canelo. "It was something else I don't want to say"

Funny he never mentioned what it actually 'was'..it was Bivol! Simple as. Saw the square off with Golovkin earlier and Canelo fuming and mean mugging. His tough guy stuff just feels like it's really wearing thin.

As much as I can't stand Canelo and am ecstatic about his getting wiped out by Bivol..... I'd have to say Canelo's lucky to be getting in the ring with GGG for a 3rd time.

Think about it.

GGG was robbed in their first fight. In the 2nd, he gave Canelo too much respect, and let the judges do their thing.

Now he's 40, AND.... he's going up to 168 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER to challenge a Canelo more in his prime, and bigger.

GGG's only hope is to go for the knockout, because he'll never get a decision. See how the judges saw the Canelo-Bivol fight. They ALMOST robbed Bivol.

After that, I hope Canelo DOES get his rematch at 175. This time Bivol will finish him off.
    no tune ups for canelo, straight back in after a loss against a unified champion
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Think about it.

no tune ups for canelo, straight back in after a loss against a unified champion

One that he's gotten the benefit of the doubt against TWICE before.

A 40-year old has-been bloating up to 168 for the first time ever... and you're bragging about that.

Ok.

IMO... Golovkin has less chance than a tuneup.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think Golovkin is going to do better weather than people think, he's smart enough and has Alvarez's number, Alvarez nearly had him out in the second fight but Golovkin came back well.. I'd still bet on Golovkin losing by late stoppage though. age and size...

It's certainly a pretty pointless fight and i doubt I'll pay for it unlesswthey put some fun stuff on the undercard.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think about it.

A 40-year old has-been bloating up to 168 for the first time ever... and you're bragging about that.

Ok.

i think they are one & one. you are assuming i am bragging but i am just stating facts. canelo is straight back after a loss against a unified champion. we must have very different thoughts on a tune up
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think about it.

Ok.

i think they are one & one. you are assuming i am bragging but i am just stating facts. canelo is straight back after a loss against a unified champion. we must have very different thoughts on a tune up
    “Straight Back” . Yeah depends how you look at it.
    Straight back to me means , if you have a loss, you go “Straight back” in and avenge that loss.
    I mean, why have a rematch clause If you’re not going to invoke it?
    Maybe you think the result isn’t gonna change and your “legacy” would be damaged beyond repair with another loss ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Think about it.

Ok.

“Straight Back” . Yeah depends how you look at it.
    Straight back to me means , if you have a loss, you go “Straight back” in and avenge that loss.
    I mean, why have a rematch clause If you’re not going to invoke it?
    Maybe you think the result isn’t gonna change and your “legacy” would be damaged beyond repair with another loss ?
    i didn't just say straight back did i? i said no tune ups for canelo, straight back in after a loss against a unified champion. the plan i heard was always dmitry then ggg

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why do you consider losing a boxing match embarrassing? it's not like canelo quit or shat his pants

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

• He claims he won the first 5 rounds of the fight (delusional)
    • He said he wasn't going to make excuses... then proceeded to make a ton of them
    • He didn't exercise the rematch clause right away. He wants the easy layup with 40-year old, bloated GGG first.

Sounds like an embarrassed fighter to me.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

• He said he wasn't going to make excuses... then proceeded to make a ton of them
    • He didn't exercise the rematch clause right away. He wants the easy layup with 40-year old, bloated GGG first.

canelo can say what he wants, if you disagree with him you'll have to take it up with him. as far as i am aware the plan was always dmitry first & then ggg, do you have information that goes against this? obviously if ggg lost to ryota the plan might have changed

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just know that I know Ginger's going to knock GGG out this time. No big deal... no great feat... no extra points for knocking out a bloated 40-year old fighter moving up to 168 for the first time in his career.

Not in Vegas... where GGG knows his only path forward is looking for the KO, which will make him more vulnerable to getting KO'ed himself.

When it happens, it'll be ho-hum... and what does Canelo do now?

I'm sure that thorn of the beating he took from Bivol will be itching at his side.

I just hope Bivol doesn't get stupid and accept catchweight and rehydration clauses, which I wouldn't bet my house Canelo wouldn't resort back to.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just know that I know Ginger's going to knock GGG out this time. No big deal... no great feat... no extra points for knocking out a bloated 40-year old fighter moving up to 168 for the first time in his career.

Not in Vegas... where GGG knows his only path forward is looking for the KO, which will make him more vulnerable to getting KO'ed himself.

When it happens, it'll be ho-hum... and what does Canelo do now?

I'm sure that thorn of the beating he took from Bivol will be itching at his side.

I just hope Bivol doesn't get stupid and accept catchweight and rehydration clauses, which I wouldn't bet my house Canelo wouldn't resort back to.
    i am picking a canelo knockout also but although ggg has slipped a bit i think he is still a very dangerous opponent. i'm interested to see how ggg looks at one sixty eight. canelo is also coming down a weight. outside of canelo i'd pick ggg over anyone else at one sixty eight if he were fighting them next. canelo already fought dmitry at one seventy five & i don't think there were any catchweights & rehydration clauses for that fight, so i won't worry about that stuff until it actually becomes reality

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo can say what he wants, if you disagree with him you'll have to take it up with him. as far as i am aware the plan was always dmitry first & then ggg, do you have information that goes against this? obviously if ggg lost to ryota the plan might have changed
    Yeah funny ain’t it? Normally a loss can change plans can’t it? Not for Canelo though . How does he airbrush the Bivol defeat from his record.
    You lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Yeah funny ain’t it? Normally a loss can change plans can’t it? Not for Canelo though . How does he airbrush the Bivol defeat from his record.
    You lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next?
    depends on the contract i guess. as far as i'm aware the plan was for a two fight deal, dmitry & then ggg. i can only assume it wasn't an immediate rematch clause, as the plan i was aware of was dmitry then ggg. if that was the case should ggg miss out on what i can only assume was agreed to? do you have any solid information that this was not the case in the contracts? air brushing has nothing to do with me. you lose a fight, you have a rematch clause, what happens next is what was agreed to in the contracts i guess

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information