Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who is next for Kell Brook?

Kell Brook 'prices himself out' of Conor Benn fight after 'significant' Eddie Hearn offer

Conor Benn has revealed his British rival Kell Brook has priced himself out of a domestic showdown following talks with Eddie Hearn. The welterweight young buck has been gunning for Special K ever since his sixth-round stoppage of Amir Khan just under a fortnight ago.

Conor Benn has revealed his British rival Kell Brook has priced himself out of a domestic showdown following talks with Eddie Hearn. The welterweight young buck has been gunning for Special K ever since his sixth-round stoppage of Amir Khan just under a fortnight ago.

Benn is expected to face South African Chris van Heerden on April 16 when he returns to action following his demolition of Chris Algieri in December in Liverpool.

But the 25-year-old cannot help but look towards Brook, who would represent the perfect next step on his journey towards world titles.

Earlier this week, Matchroom chief Hearn detailed talks with his old fighter Brook after a potential showdown with Benn later in the year.

However, taking to Instagram, Benn has now revealed all hope of a deal with Brook has been lost due to his copious financial demands.

He wrote: "[He] outpriced himself, so we move."

Benn's promoter Hearn has been actively pursuing the matchup, as he detailed earlier this week to iFL TV.

"I've been talking to Kell Brook and his dad," he said. "I won't go into it too much, but we've made them a significant offer to fight Conor Benn.

"I think with Kell if he fights again, he should and would do it sooner rather than later.

"Once he starts enjoying himself and relaxing and the weight goes back on, it becomes more of a mission.

"Right now, he looks like a million dollars, he'd be ready to fight in June.

"But at the same time, I think it's going to take a ridiculous amount of money to get him back in the ring because he doesn't really need it.

"I reckon he's thinking to himself, 'Well if the money's crazy, I'll do it. But if not, we're happy.

"It's important that they're happy and I understand their position.

"For us, we just tried to say, 'If you're ready to go in June, we'll hold our April 16 fight'."

Fellow domestic rival Chris Eubank Jr has also thrown his name into contention for a fight with Brook, who he claims deprived him of a world title shot against Gennady Golovkin in 2016.

However, speaking after his one-sided victory over Khan, Brook told Eubank Jr and Benn to fight each other first before forming an orderly queue.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Kell Brook?

Taylor: I'm open to Brook but 149lbs might be too big

Josh Taylor has refused to rule out a possible fight with Kell Brook but has admitted a 149lbs catchweight could be "too high" for him.

Taylor declared his intention to move up to the 147lbs welterweight division after controversially remaining undisputed super-lightweight champion via a split decision win over Jack Catterall last month.

Brook rolled back to the years a week earlier to beat Amir Khan, settling a long-running feud with a stoppage win in a bout fought at a 149lbs limit, a weight at which he is unlikely to want to go below.

Speaking at the British Boxing Board of Control 2021 awards ceremony on Sunday, where Brook was also present, Taylor was asked whether the Sheffield fighter was among those under consideration to be his next opponent.

"I'm not sure, anyone that's a big fight," Taylor told Sky Sports News. "I just want to be in big fights now. Coming into the last three-four years of my career now, I'm not going to be here for much longer so I want to be in big fights.

Taylor 'keen' on Catterall rematch at catchweightBrook on Khan rematch: Does anyone want it?
    "I feel I've deserved the opportunity to be involved in big fights now for a good few years as a pro. I've fought all the best, world challengers, and come up the hard way, so I'm looking forward to being involved in big fights.

"That (149lbs) high maybe a little bit too big, but we'll see how it goes. You know what I'm like, I'll fight anybody and I'm not scared to fight anyone, so we'll see how it goes, as long as it's a big fight I'm here for it."

Promoter Ben Shalom, who was able to finally make the Khan-Brook fight after years of failed negotiations between the pair, thinks a matchup with Taylor is unrealistic.

"It actually was mentioned to me by some of Josh Taylor's team," Shalom told Sky Sports News.

"I think it's unrealistic. I think Josh will be 147, Kell, if he's going to fight again, it will be 149 minimum if not more.

"I think Josh Taylor wants to take on the elite welterweights now, the world champions, the likes of Terrence Crawford. He wants to look for those big fights now.

"I think Kell Brook, he's either going to finish now or have one more, so I don't think that fight is realistic."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't Khan want a rematch as he was robbed.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yes he is in the mix. It was a close contest and Brook only just won each and every round until the premature stoppage.

I would not put it past Sky to try and sell that narrative.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yes he is in the mix. It was a close contest and Brook only just won each and every round until the premature stoppage.

I would not put it past Sky to try and sell that narrative.
    Yeah, and you know what’s even more depressing? People would fucking buy it! The World is full of mugs.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why in the world is Taylor even talking about Brook considering the early Christmas gift he just had. Wouldn't call that focused. Brook seems to be in the driver's seat and honestly the way Hearn and company throw millions down some holes he would very much be an investment type 'breakout' scalp for young Benn. Guys like Granados, Van Heerden and Broner who must be walking around at 180 right now and brushing the cheeto dust from his beard just doesn't scream "I've arrived". Then again Benn has the top 5 spot to ride now so .
    Last edited by Spicoli; 03-09-2022 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allegedly Khan has requested a rematch, then requested step aside money for Brook to fight, well anyone to be honest. Khan doesn't give a fuck he just wants the money.

I'm assuming Khan has the right to a rematch and has a window in which to demand one. For all concerned the rematch is the best option. Lets forget that anyone is trying to achieve anything other than a hefty retirement fund. The grudge match narrative is gone. It's no longer an event. I'm sure on the crest of a wave Brook probably thinks he might have a title win in him. But unless Charlo fucks off from 154 and his titles become splintered.......and as a result Brook can get a seriously soft touch. It ain't happening is it.

If fighters like Benn or Eubank want to use Brooks name as a spring board then they need to cough up what he wants, or move on to these bigger and better fighters that are apparently falling over themselves to offer their services.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rematch clauses.....even in fights like this.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A part of me is actually loving the fact that Khan is showing his true colours and being a complete prick . Fair play to him, we know he’s a mercenary cunt, but he is exposing what a complete farce the whole fuckin system is .
    Brook should call his bluff and accept the rematch. Easy money if it were to happen, but hopefully no promoter will touch it with a barge pole and so the clause would be null and void.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook retires from boxing following Amir Khan win as he walks away from potential fights with Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn

Kell Brook has announced that he’s now retired from boxing at the age of 36.

The former IBF welterweight champion finally settled his bitter rivalry with Amir Khan by stopping him back in February, and has decided he does not want to fight on.

Brook told the Telegraph: “I’ve had a long chat with my family and my parents, and it’s over for me. I’ll never box again

“It’s a little emotional to be actually saying this out loud.

“My mam [Julie] is relieved. I think everyone around me is pleased.

“Truth is, boxing is a very very tough, dangerous sport, one in which you can be legally killed in the ring, and I’ve finished now with all my faculties intact.”

Brook continued: “I needed the Khan fight, I needed to settle the grudge, the feud.

“There is no dark feeling left in me now, I think when you have been in the ring with someone it passes, it leaves you.

“Me and Amir said some words which were hateful in the build-up, but that’s what happens in boxing.

“But I respect him after the fight. He showed real heart in there.”

Looking back on his career, Brook said: “It was my dream since I started boxing at the age of nine to be a world champion. It was a special night.

“I’ve been in the ring with Gennady Golovkin, Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, and I finally got my fight with Amir Khan.

“After that, I don’t think I needed to go on anymore.

“I’m one of the lucky boxers who has earned enough not to have to work, but I am going to give something back again, and I’d like to train or manage young fighters.

“I’d just like to be remembered as a fighter who would go in with anyone, feared no one, and who gave the fans what they wanted.”

In retiring, Brook has walked away from potential fights with Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...nk-conor-benn/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m very happy for him. It must’ve been a really tough call when people are throwing money at you, but I think he’s made the right call.
    I hope he stays retired and best of luck to him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Class act. I've always liked Kell. Was obviously rooting for him to beat Khan, and it finally happened. Also agree with his decision. Nothing else to be gained or proven for him in boxing. This is the time to walk away.

Something tells me he's one of those who'll stay retired.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

retire I heard.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guy made good fights, made good money, and got out with his mental faculties in tact. Hard to ask for more

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gone up in my estimation - but fair play getting out when there was other 7 figure offers around.

A brave move to step up and fight GGG and he gave a good showing till the eye damage was sustained - he was never going to be the same after that.

Thread Information