Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    What about Jermain Franklin fresh off of pushing a teetering Whyte to the brink and some controversy in November? In the name of restoring honor and such . May be all risk/reward for AJ but I guarantee it would be an interesting style mash up. Franklin hand speed may be a bit much for AJ but doesn't crack all that big. Big dude has a serious motor too.
    If he had been given the decision against Whyte (as he probably deserved) , then yes. this would be a good matchup for both fighters.
    but unfortunately now, AJ might as well fight Whyte rather Franklin , merely because he won't get any credit for beating "Whyte's Leftovers" . Yep, I know, it's a load of bollocks.
    i still believe that Joshua should fight the best and highest ranked Boxer out there that is available. i don't want to to see tune ups and mismatches or "rebuilding" fights for him. It's nonsense.
    He's well into his 30's , as are Wilder , Fury and Usyk. Just fucking get on with it!
    Cento percento d'accordo. Let the Big Oaf fight Wilder or other highest ranked. Fuck tune ups. He's "the new breed" FFS. SO LETS SEE.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    What about Jermain Franklin fresh off of pushing a teetering Whyte to the brink and some controversy in November? In the name of restoring honor and such . May be all risk/reward for AJ but I guarantee it would be an interesting style mash up. Franklin hand speed may be a bit much for AJ but doesn't crack all that big. Big dude has a serious motor too.
    If he had been given the decision against Whyte (as he probably deserved) , then yes. this would be a good matchup for both fighters.
    but unfortunately now, AJ might as well fight Whyte rather Franklin , merely because he won't get any credit for beating "Whyte's Leftovers" . Yep, I know, it's a load of bollocks.
    i still believe that Joshua should fight the best and highest ranked Boxer out there that is available. i don't want to to see tune ups and mismatches or "rebuilding" fights for him. It's nonsense.
    He's well into his 30's , as are Wilder , Fury and Usyk. Just fucking get on with it!
    Cento percento d'accordo. Let the Big Oaf fight Wilder or other highest ranked. Fuck tune ups. He's "the new breed" FFS. SO LETS SEE.
    That is what Primo wrote and is saying.

Eddie will allow AJ to fight an inhouse fighter he has so it will not be Wilder at this stage more likely Whyte. It could be any heavyweight who has successfully fought on their undercard such as Hrgovic.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is what Primo wrote and is saying.

Eddie will allow AJ to fight an inhouse fighter he has so it will not be Wilder at this stage more likely Whyte. It could be any heavyweight who has successfully fought on their undercard such as Hrgovic.
    We all know Eddie will take the soft option. What I am saying is what I believe Joshua SHOULD do. Of course it won’t happen like that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte is barely acceptable for AJ at this point. I agree Wilder will not be put up against AJ at this point in time. Far too dangerous. AJ definitely needs to string together at least three victories against ranked opponents. He should fight rapidly like every 3 months between let's say March and October 2023. Wilder isn't getting any younger and maybe AJ would want to fight him by the end of 2023 who knows

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte is barely acceptable for AJ at this point. I agree Wilder will not be put up against AJ at this point in time. Far too dangerous. AJ definitely needs to string together at least three victories against ranked opponents. He should fight rapidly like every 3 months between let's say March and October 2023. Wilder isn't getting any younger and maybe AJ would want to fight him by the end of 2023 who knows
    Joshua has just fought Usyk twice.

Wilder admitted dodging Joshua.

Fury just fought Chisora.

These are all verifiable facts.

Joshua could fight anyone and it should be acceptable at this point.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

That's what I'm saying. I mean of course I'd like to see him fight ranked opponents but he's coming off two consecutive losses and he needs to string together some victories for his morale and for his future. I guess he could fight anyone because he does need to get back on the track.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

That's what I'm saying. I mean of course I'd like to see him fight ranked opponents but he's coming off two consecutive losses and he needs to string together some victories for his morale and for his future. I guess he could fight anyone because he does need to get back on the track.

Above all he needs to fight, as previously said.

Whyte and Chisora are obviously out, would not sell.

The noble thing for him to do would be fight UK younger contenders ie Joyce or Dubois, lower purses but a good attempt to re-kindle interest in the UK heavyweight scene. If Joshua gets beat though he is yesterdays man at a stroke, that is his dilemna. I think deep down he knows his limitations, he is extremely lucky to have survived two humiliations by Usyck and still be touted as a world class heavy. His money route is to get Fury, which he will lose, his second best money route is Wilder, 'the battle of the over-rated' which he is 50/50 for. The most obscure, and therefore likely route given his so called management, is that they dredge up some foreigner with a plausible record and world rating and use that to 'justify' challenger status for Fury and get 1.5 good purses before retiring to commentating/love island or whatever.

Sorry to sit on the fence.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh it does tend to trickle along like that. He'd be all risk/ reward less he can spring another good night if invited back. Whyte is pretty much leftovers himself but what could be the benefit factor is their previous history and familiarity. Joshua and camp have to know he's teetering on career edge right now. Honestly, I think Wilder needs bigger build back himself, he's in the same boat. With less to work with and more damage imo. He starches a serviceable but not top Helenius in 1 and suddenly the talk is "he's totally back and back on top"?! Once you're on the other side taking back to back to back L's with little career strategy/momentum thought thru the division and fans have a way or setting you to the side. Joshua would do well to get right back in and look devastating but big picture wise look at the immediate reality on the ground. Literal reset the fans will rally.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still maintain let's get Wilder-Joshua done.

Let's face it. Whether they're champions or not is almost beside the point. The point is this was THE fight everyone wanted to see way back when. Then we had the interminable soap opera... then Fury came swooping in and spared us further drama... and today both Wilder and Joshua are slightly damaged goods. So what??

Their styles would make for a HUGE heavyweight fight, and let's face it... it would put a lot of years-old speculation to bed once and for all. Did Wilder duck Joshua? Did Joshua duck Wilder? Who's really going to give a damn once they decide to fight each other?

Wilder is 37... so it's not like he's got all the time in the world for these guys to think about it. If it's gonna get done, it needs to get done in 2023. No more waiting.

Are they damaged goods? Sure. Wilder lost his last two fights against Fury and it became totally obvious that Fury has got his number and would beat him 100 out of 100 times. Other than that... what has Wilder done to "dis-ingratiate" (excuse the bad English) himself from the boxing fan base? On the other hand, Joshua got flattened by Ruiz, but came back to avenge the loss, albeit in a cautious fight by decision. Then he loses twice in a row to Usyk, who is to Joshua what Fury is to Wilder. 100 out of 100.

But are they still top heavyweights? Certainly.

So instead of scrounging the bottom of the barrel for retreads to the retreads (Fury-Chisora style)... let's just get them into the same ring. What's the holdup?

If either wants a tune-up fight... go for it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds like demsey mckean might get the gig
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rumor is derrick james will be aj's new trainer
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ needs to go back to basics and get back with Robert McCracken. No harm in trying different trainers and methods whilst he is on a sabbatical but preparation for a fight he needs to be comfortable. AJ seems to be confusing himself and overthinking his strategy for his opponents. Whilst his last performance against Usyk was better he still fell for the little tricks and feints from Ukrainian. His mental breakdown and rant exposed his emotional limitations and insecurities.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua looks set to return against unbeaten heavyweight Demsey McKean in April, according to reports.

Joshua last fought in August, suffering a second straight decision defeat by Oleksandr Usyk, as the Briton failed to regain the world titles that he lost to the unbeaten Ukrainian in 2021.

Joshua, 33, had been rumoured to face old rival Dillian Whyte next, but Talksport and Fight Disciples have now reported that McKean is the likeliest next opponent for “AJ”.

Australian McKean is undefeated at 22-0, with 14 of his wins having come via knockout. Most recently the 32-year-old stopped Patrick Korte in the third round in October.

That victory saw McKean claim the vacant IBF Intercontinental heavyweight title.

Meanwhile, Joshua is seeking a first win since December 2020, when he knocked out Kubrat Pulev in Round 9.

Joshua then suffered back-to-back losses to Usyk, which marked the second and third defeats of the Briton’s professional career. AJ was stopped by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019 for a first pro loss, before he avenged the defeat by outpointing the Mexican-American at the end of that year.

Joshua vs McKean could reportedly take place in April, after AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn said the ‘ultimate 2023’ for his fighter would entail three fights, with a clash against Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder ‘nailed on’.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...fa9b84c72539b7

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua looks set to return against unbeaten heavyweight Demsey McKean in April, according to reports.

Joshua last fought in August, suffering a second straight decision defeat by Oleksandr Usyk, as the Briton failed to regain the world titles that he lost to the unbeaten Ukrainian in 2021.

Joshua, 33, had been rumoured to face old rival Dillian Whyte next, but Talksport and Fight Disciples have now reported that McKean is the likeliest next opponent for “AJ”.

Australian McKean is undefeated at 22-0, with 14 of his wins having come via knockout. Most recently the 32-year-old stopped Patrick Korte in the third round in October.

That victory saw McKean claim the vacant IBF Intercontinental heavyweight title.

Meanwhile, Joshua is seeking a first win since December 2020, when he knocked out Kubrat Pulev in Round 9.

Joshua then suffered back-to-back losses to Usyk, which marked the second and third defeats of the Briton’s professional career. AJ was stopped by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019 for a first pro loss, before he avenged the defeat by outpointing the Mexican-American at the end of that year.

Joshua vs McKean could reportedly take place in April, after AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn said the ‘ultimate 2023’ for his fighter would entail three fights, with a clash against Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder ‘nailed on’.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...fa9b84c72539b7
    For fucks sake, what a load of bollocks.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ needs to go back to basics and get back with Robert McCracken. No harm in trying different trainers and methods whilst he is on a sabbatical but preparation for a fight he needs to be comfortable. AJ seems to be confusing himself and overthinking his strategy for his opponents. Whilst his last performance against Usyk was better he still fell for the little tricks and feints from Ukrainian. His mental breakdown and rant exposed his emotional limitations and insecurities.
    derrick james was my trainer of the year but he's all wrong for aj. most of derrick's guys like to control that inside pocket & thrive on contact

Thread Information