Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    sounds like it's jermaine franklin on april first
    Nah its Jermaine Taylor.
    source?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"My next fight is scheduled for December. Not ideal but everything is part of a bigger picture," Joshua confirmed on his Instagram story.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2f1e5876&ei=15
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    "My next fight is scheduled for December. Not ideal but everything is part of a bigger picture," Joshua confirmed on his Instagram story.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2f1e5876&ei=15

Got the clue straight away, he's fighting Banksy!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more inactivity from aj
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more inactivity from aj
    It does not make any sense. These are his prime years and AJ should be active, as he originally wanted to after the Franklin fight to fight in 3 months. If he is working with his trainer and improving his technique that makes sense and does not want to risk a fight in between but he would surely want a fight before December?

AJ may have other business dealing in which case he is semi retired and has one foot out of the ring.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simon Jordan says he has had heard rumours that Saudi Arabia are planning to a stage a three-fight tournament involving Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Oleksandr Usyk and Deontay Wilder. The idea is that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder take place in December, with the winners set to meet further down the line in a battle for heavyweight supremacy.

Joshua was expected to return to the ring in the summer but in a shocking twist, the Watford powerhouse revealed he would instead be boxing in December. "My next fight is scheduled for December," Joshua told his 15.2million followers on Instagram earlier this week. "Not ideal but everything is part of a bigger picture."

Jordan says he has heard that Joshua's next fight will be against Wilder over in the middle east at the same time that Usyk and Fury square off for their long-awaited four-belt shoot-out. Both parties were unable to thrash out a deal for April after a disagreement over the purse split for the rematch.

But if what Jordan is hearing is true then a new undisputed champion could be crowned before the end of the year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...747308c9&ei=35

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simon Jordan says he has had heard rumours that Saudi Arabia are planning to a stage a three-fight tournament involving Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Oleksandr Usyk and Deontay Wilder. The idea is that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder take place in December, with the winners set to meet further down the line in a battle for heavyweight supremacy.

Joshua was expected to return to the ring in the summer but in a shocking twist, the Watford powerhouse revealed he would instead be boxing in December. "My next fight is scheduled for December," Joshua told his 15.2million followers on Instagram earlier this week. "Not ideal but everything is part of a bigger picture."

Jordan says he has heard that Joshua's next fight will be against Wilder over in the middle east at the same time that Usyk and Fury square off for their long-awaited four-belt shoot-out. Both parties were unable to thrash out a deal for April after a disagreement over the purse split for the rematch.

But if what Jordan is hearing is true then a new undisputed champion could be crowned before the end of the year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...747308c9&ei=35
    This sounds plausible , and if true , very positive. The only other explanantion for waiting till December would be Injury/operation.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more inactivity from aj
    It does not make any sense. These are his prime years and AJ should be active, as he originally wanted to after the Franklin fight to fight in 3 months. If he is working with his trainer and improving his technique that makes sense and does not want to risk a fight in between but he would surely want a fight before December?

AJ may have other business dealing in which case he is semi retired and has one foot out of the ring.
    someone asked if maybe he failed a test?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The idea is that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder take place in December, with the winners set to meet further down the line in a battle for heavyweight supremacy.

The idea sounds terrific (other than the "waiting until December" part).

Not to be the one throwing the wet towel here but... why on Earth would Fury all of a sudden agree to fight Usyk when it hasn't happened so far, and Fury seems to be doing everything in his power to avoid it?

Also Joshua facing Wilder. You mean the same Wilder that Hearn is saying AJ isn't ready for yet... and first AJ needs a "tuneup"?

I mean hell... I like this fantasy as much as the next guy (would still like it sooner, though).

But I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Retire... there is no way he is beating Fury, Wilder or Usyk. lolol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte accuses Joshua of lying about not fighting again until December.

'That’s lie, it’s a lie. Joshua isn’t going to wait until December to fight. If he’s not injured then why would he wait until December to fight?' Whyte said on iFL TV.

'Joshua is trying to create some mystery, he thinks he’s some kind of mystery man these days. No one believes it. Why would he not fight until December if he can potentially have three fights this year?

'He’s just trying to create some sort of mystery, he’s a strange guy and he’s doing some strange stuff. He’s definitely going to fight before December, 100%.'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...047ccbcc&ei=92

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder’s trainer Malik Scott has confirmed that negotiations are taking place for major heavyweight fights to be staged in Saudi Arabia this year.

The speculation suggested that Anthony Joshua is finally lining up a showdown with Wilder in December.

The rumour also claimed that the Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk undisputed world title fight is now being eyed for the same month in the same part of the world, which was already expected to be the case.

The winners would then meet in an ultimate heavyweight showdown in 2024.

Asked about this on Monday, Wilder’s trainer Scott told iFL TV: “I’m on the inside of the meetings, Deontay has me sitting right to him when we’re doing these meetings.

“What I can say is the things people are hearing are not fibs.

“The negotiations have begun, not with certain fighters or certain things, but the negotiations are definitely in tact…

“Everything is getting together, we’re gonna see what fighters really wanna fight at that level.

“The ones that do, Deontay is gonna knock out and he’s gonna become two-time heavyweight champion of the world.

“I can say that those rumours are true, negotiations are going on and big fights are gonna be happening.

“Not just with us, with a lot of top fighters out there in the heavyweight division in Saudi Arabia.”

Asked directly about Anthony Joshua, Scott replied: “If you ask me, that’s the only fight I want for Deontay.

“If we could get Usyk, of course, because he’s got the belts. I’m fully with that.

“But I’m very, very big on Deontay fighting Anthony Joshua.

“I think it’s good not just for boxing, I think it’s good for so many reasons…

“Every time someone comes to me and says, ‘What’s next for Deontay?’ I always say, ‘I’m hoping for Joshua.’

“Deontay wants the fight, I want the fight, Shelly Finkel wants the fight. This whole side over here wants the fight.

“We’re gonna see what AJ does now, the ball is kind of in his court, so we’re gonna see how he’s gonna take advantage of it.

“We’re ready.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...nthony-joshua/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yawn...nothing in the HW will ever happen. Tyson retires in August. Joshua goes into showbiz. Usyk falls on his sword in Ukraine when Putin takes that whole place over by late-May maximum. And Deontay is left shouting bomb squad at the wall.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yawn...nothing in the HW will ever happen. Tyson retires in August. Joshua goes into showbiz. Usyk falls on his sword in Ukraine when Putin takes that whole place over by late-May maximum. And Deontay is left shouting bomb squad at the wall.

For the first time in recent memory you've actually come up with a fairly believable prediction.

Although if I may... I'd put in a few personal tweaks of my own.

Tyson retires in August AND... goes into showbiz.

Joshua cleans out the lower echelons of the division... THEN retires to go into showbiz, only to find Tyson has already beat him to it, which prompts AJ to go into politics.

Usyk collects all the belts of an already forgettable division... then retires in glory to his restored homeland in Ukraine. Zelenskyy rewards him with an honorary position in his Cabinet.

Deontay retires in frustration, but gets drawn into a career in rap by his buddies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

For the first time in recent memory you've actually come up with a fairly believable prediction.

Although if I may... I'd put in a few personal tweaks of my own.

Tyson retires in August AND... goes into showbiz.

Joshua cleans out the lower echelons of the division... THEN retires to go into showbiz, only to find Tyson has already beat him to it, which prompts AJ to go into politics.

Usyk collects all the belts of an already forgettable division... then retires in glory to his restored homeland in Ukraine. Zelenskyy rewards him with an honorary position in his Cabinet.

Deontay retires in frustration, but gets drawn into a career in rap by his buddies.

Sadly I think you guys are right

In the US years ago people moved towards 'amatuer' sports on TV, like college football etc. this may be the way to see proper showbiz-less boxing, trouble is its been almost as bent as the pro scene

Thread Information