Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

ANTHONY JOSHUA needs a "stricter camp" after having it too "easy and quick", his former trainer Robert Garcia said.

Speaking in Spanish to Izquierdazo and translated by Boxing247, Garcia said: "Everything was kind of easy and quick for him.

"He thought that that was the right way to do it, that he didn’t need to do it in another way.

“But when the time comes for this kind of fight, with fighters of a higher level, tougher fights, harder fights, you need a stricter camp, where he follows indications."

Joshua was spotted training in Virgil Hunter's California gym, where unbeaten American Andre Ward, 38, carved out his Hall of Fame career.

More recently, AJ was in Texas to link up with trainer of the year candidate Derrick James, who coaches Errol Spence Jr, 32.

Joshua brought Garcia over to England for his camp before losing to Usyk a second time.

But he has been urged to set up shop in the States full-time and start from fresh.

Garcia said: “I feel that he is taking the decision about coming to the United States.

“Because, if he came to talk with trainers such as Derrick James, who is very busy here in the United States, I don’t think that AJ’s plan is to take him to Europe, maybe he is planning to stay here.

"And I will be happy to see him here, even if he is not working with me. AJ needs a change, a completely new change to what he is not used to."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20876...robert-garcia/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price told iD Boxing: “I just caught him with a big right hand and down he went.

"He had to get helped up, type of thing, and ushered out the ring.

"And it was no big deal to me at the time, and there was no shame in that happening to you if I hit you.”

Joshua was one year away from winning Olympic gold in London, which later paved the way for two unified world title reigns in the professional ranks.

And in 2018 he admitted to being put down by Price, just hours after leaving a police cell.

Joshua revealed: “I had come out of a police cell the day I went up to training. I won’t use it as an excuse.

“I was coming up to training camp, Thursday to Sunday, because I was on a development course.

“But I got nicked on the way to training camp – for just trouble – and I got out on the Saturday.

“I started sparring as soon as I got up there, straight from the station, I do think he was very good at the time, very strong and I was making too many mistakes.

"Those circumstances don’t help when you’re sparring an elite fighter.

“I even had to get the train to Sheffield because they took my car – just to show my commitment. What I learnt was you cannot stop someone like me.

“They say you have two types of fighters; those that get dropped and stay down.

"But the ones you have to be wary of are the ones who keep on coming. You just cannot stop someone like that.

"I learnt it will take more than just power or durability to stop me.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20875...hand-sparring/

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua says he is 'dying' to become a world champion once again next year. The Watford powerhouse dropped his WBA (super), WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles to Oleksandr Usyk in September 2021 and was unable to regain them in the rematch last August.

For the first time since winning his first world belt - the IBF strap back in 2016 - Joshua is out of title contention and is keen to get himself back up amongst the divisional elite next year.

"I lost a fight this year which took me out of the championship title race," Joshua told The Sun. "So, when you're constantly fighting for championships after championships you're constantly in the race for a long time.

"When I lost, I was finally out of the race and overcoming that was a new beginning, something I've been used to, being in the title race for seven years and then finally realising that this isn't my norm anymore. It's challenging to overcome that.

"I've always been a competitor, a challenge to me is just another obstacle that I can get over, and for some, I feel like it's easier to knock them down and keep them down. But as a competitor, it's just something that you look at as another challenge that I can overcome.

"It's going to take work, being in that race I'm used to being in that competitor's mindset, but I'm overcoming it for sure."

Joshua is expected to return to the ring in either March or April at the O2 Arena, London. No opponent has been officially confirmed as of yet although Dillian Whyte is understood to be the frontrunner after beating Jermaine Franklin last month.

Otto Wallin, Filip Hrgovic, Deontay Wilder, Demsey McKean, and Zhang Zhilei have also been mentioned in the same conversation and Joshua will be hoping these fights can act as a platform for championship clashes.

"I like to see my name constantly mentioned amongst other fighters," Joshua added. "The opportunities are always there for me, there are big opportunities to fight.

"I'll fight whoever's ready, I'm ready and we'll get cracking in the New Year. I want to be consistent, be fit to fight, and everything comes off the back of that. I'm dying for the world championship, 100%. That's all my heart and soul is leading towards."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...40e1c2fba7b384

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Anthony Joshua says he is 'dying' to become a world champion once again next year. The Watford powerhouse dropped his WBA (super), WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles to Oleksandr Usyk in September 2021 and was unable to regain them in the rematch last August.

For the first time since winning his first world belt - the IBF strap back in 2016 - Joshua is out of title contention and is keen to get himself back up amongst the divisional elite next year.

"I lost a fight this year which took me out of the championship title race," Joshua told The Sun. "So, when you're constantly fighting for championships after championships you're constantly in the race for a long time.

"When I lost, I was finally out of the race and overcoming that was a new beginning, something I've been used to, being in the title race for seven years and then finally realising that this isn't my norm anymore. It's challenging to overcome that.

"I've always been a competitor, a challenge to me is just another obstacle that I can get over, and for some, I feel like it's easier to knock them down and keep them down. But as a competitor, it's just something that you look at as another challenge that I can overcome.

"It's going to take work, being in that race I'm used to being in that competitor's mindset, but I'm overcoming it for sure."

Joshua is expected to return to the ring in either March or April at the O2 Arena, London. No opponent has been officially confirmed as of yet although Dillian Whyte is understood to be the frontrunner after beating Jermaine Franklin last month.

Otto Wallin, Filip Hrgovic, Deontay Wilder, Demsey McKean, and Zhang Zhilei have also been mentioned in the same conversation and Joshua will be hoping these fights can act as a platform for championship clashes.

"I like to see my name constantly mentioned amongst other fighters," Joshua added. "The opportunities are always there for me, there are big opportunities to fight.

"I'll fight whoever's ready, I'm ready and we'll get cracking in the New Year. I want to be consistent, be fit to fight, and everything comes off the back of that. I'm dying for the world championship, 100%. That's all my heart and soul is leading towards."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...40e1c2fba7b384
    Joshua is in love with the sound of his own voice. Too much blabbering. There's nothing behind it, no substance. Just a wind bag full of shit. He is a Big Nothingburger.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh but he says all the right things LoL

"'I'm not champion and it's just hurting a lot. So I'm in the gym rebuilding and restructuring everything I have to do inside and outside of the ring. I always learn from my mistakes."

Joshua says the fact he is no longer a champion 'hurts' and that his emotions are 'affecting his ring activity'.

"But it really does affect my ring activity. I'm just always trying to push that stuff away. It's a challenge to push it away and get it out of my mind."

"So I just need to simplify a lot of stuff outside the ring and then I can put my full attention in the ring. And once I've got that done, maybe next year I'll be ready.'

***DUDE WOULD BE BETTER OFF SWITCHING CAREERS, MAYBE GOING INTO BAKING OR LANDSCAPING OR SOMETHING***

😂🤔🤔🤔🤔..... 😎

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

"'I'm not champion and it's just hurting a lot. So I'm in the gym rebuilding and restructuring everything I have to do inside and outside of the ring. I always learn from my mistakes."

Joshua says the fact he is no longer a champion 'hurts' and that his emotions are 'affecting his ring activity'.

"But it really does affect my ring activity. I'm just always trying to push that stuff away. It's a challenge to push it away and get it out of my mind."

"So I just need to simplify a lot of stuff outside the ring and then I can put my full attention in the ring. And once I've got that done, maybe next year I'll be ready.'

***DUDE WOULD BE BETTER OFF SWITCHING CAREERS, MAYBE GOING INTO BAKING OR LANDSCAPING OR SOMETHING***

😂🤔🤔🤔🤔..... 😎
    As usual, gloriously over the top. But one question, if he is that terrible, what’s your thoughts on , Charles Martin for example ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

😂🤔🤔🤔🤔..... 😎
    As usual, gloriously over the top. But one question, if he is that terrible, what’s your thoughts on , Charles Martin for example ?
    Brock the casual is a guy high on drug cheats like Big Baby, one dimensional fighters like Helenius and serial dodgers like Fury who is now calling Price out of retirement to avoid fighting the champ that Joshua has already fought twice. Says it all.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DDD would be a fun fight for Joshua, both punchers with suspect chins.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    DDD would be a fun fight for Joshua, both punchers with suspect chins.
    nah, Joshua should fight someone decent.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua Vs Pulev 2 - March 25th

Joshua Vs Parker 2 - June 17th

Joshua Vs Whyte 2 - September 23rd

Joshua Vs Charles Martin 2 - December 24th

Unless he sacks his entire team he should Avoid Usyk, Fury, Wilder, Ruiz and Joyce.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Joshua Vs Pulev 2 - March 25th

Joshua Vs Parker 2 - June 17th

Joshua Vs Whyte 2 - September 23rd

Joshua Vs Charles Martin 2 - December 24th

Unless he sacks his entire team he should Avoid Usyk, Fury, Wilder, Ruiz and Joyce.
    Right he should avoid those five guys cuz he will get trounced with Beanz snapping photos lolol

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn told the DAZN boxing show: "Anthony Joshua and Canelo Alvarez are in the works to announce that first slate of 2023. AJ is fighting a month earlier than Alvarez, so he’ll be pretty much ready to go with an announcement in a week or so.

“We pretty much know his date. We’re down to three or four opponents that we’re talking to. Obviously, rumours of his new training team, and there will be a full announcement from Joshua on that.

“The plan now is to rebuild him to become a three-time heavyweight world champion, and the trainer will want to take the appropriate steps to do that.

“It’s all very well being brave, listening to Twitter, going out, and fighting Deontay Wilder [next] and doing this and doing that, but there has to be a plan, a smart plan.

"A smart plan is he wants to return against a top 15 guy in a credible fight and return in the summer against probably Dillian Whyte and then move forward against Wilder or Tyson Fury in a mega-fight in the ultimate 2023."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20922...a-fury-wilder/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is paying for his arrogance and cowardice... on the arrogance, he thought looking like a model would get him past tough tests. He thought beating an old ass Wlad was something. As for the cowardice, he ran from Wilder more than he ran in the second Ruiz fight. He is what he was, a champ that just came and went. Move on from him... He does not have it anymore. He would never beat Usyk or Fury and Wilder would humiliate him.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about Jermain Franklin fresh off of pushing a teetering Whyte to the brink and some controversy in November? In the name of restoring honor and such . May be all risk/reward for AJ but I guarantee it would be an interesting style mash up. Franklin hand speed may be a bit much for AJ but doesn't crack all that big. Big dude has a serious motor too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    What about Jermain Franklin fresh off of pushing a teetering Whyte to the brink and some controversy in November? In the name of restoring honor and such . May be all risk/reward for AJ but I guarantee it would be an interesting style mash up. Franklin hand speed may be a bit much for AJ but doesn't crack all that big. Big dude has a serious motor too.
    If he had been given the decision against Whyte (as he probably deserved) , then yes. this would be a good matchup for both fighters.
    but unfortunately now, AJ might as well fight Whyte rather Franklin , merely because he won't get any credit for beating "Whyte's Leftovers" . Yep, I know, it's a load of bollocks.
    i still believe that Joshua should fight the best and highest ranked Boxer out there that is available. i don't want to to see tune ups and mismatches or "rebuilding" fights for him. It's nonsense.
    He's well into his 30's , as are Wilder , Fury and Usyk. Just fucking get on with it!

Thread Information