Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2022

https://twitter.com/AlbicelesteTalk/...Lrjg00bLecHURQ

Messi assist for the third goal, 35 year old v 20 year old top defender (who will be transferred soon for well over 50 million quid), great stuff by Messi, the little bastard still has it, I really the argies win it on sunday.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahh... normality.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ahh... normality.
    So did Morocco not attack enough for you?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again pretty even game. France again find a way to win.

Something we can't do.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ahh... normality.

So does this get under your skin?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"El Juego Bonito"

"Le Beau Jeu"

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morocco were pretty good when they went on the attack, would have been great of their defender had scored that overhead kick. They had France penned in pretty good for a while there, hopefully Morocco can maintain this and come back again and hopefully the rest of the Africans start playing better too, I though Senegal were fairly good considering they were missing mane..

Mbappe was insanely fast this game, hopefully the argies can contain him otherwise France are retaining

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morocco played well, and at one point had more shots on goal than France did. A welcome respite from the previous two bore fests (especially against Spain). Glad they got this far... but gladder that it's France against Argentina and not Morocco.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahh... normality.

So does this get under your skin?
    It must be because Italy are not involved why he gets so upset.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well... I'm happy not to get wound up about anything regarding the game and its World Cup. I just enjoy what's in front of me. Of course... I much prefer an offensive minded game and a little bit of scoring... but hurrah for those who enjoy the dreadful 0-0 ties after extra time, when the whole thing needs to be decided by a penalty shootout. Different strokes and all that. Or a match where one team stumbles into a 1-0 lead... then spends the rest of the match having a lovefest crowding their own penalty box, it seems like.

Not having a team does that to one's perspective, I guess. My favorite has always been Brazil. One because they're from this side of the world... two because they've been a bit of an antidote to the "European football superiority" mentality that seems to pervade certain conversation... and three because I just like their style, I guess.

If Argentina wins the whole thing I'll be giddy as all hell... mainly because I'd like for Messi to go out on the very top.

I've always known.

Which is why I had posted the above.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well... I'm happy not to get wound up about anything regarding the game and its World Cup. I just enjoy what's in front of me. Of course... I much prefer an offensive minded game and a little bit of scoring... but hurrah for those who enjoy the dreadful 0-0 ties after extra time, when the whole thing needs to be decided by a penalty shootout. Different strokes and all that. Or a match where one team stumbles into a 1-0 lead... then spends the rest of the match having a lovefest crowding their own penalty box, it seems like.

Not having a team does that to one's perspective, I guess. My favorite has always been Brazil. One because they're from this side of the world... two because they've been a bit of an antidote to the "European football superiority" mentality that seems to pervade certain conversation... and three because I just like their style, I guess.

If Argentina wins the whole thing I'll be giddy as all hell... mainly because I'd like for Messi to go out on the very top.

I've always known.

haha. i'm just catching up with this so i may as well reply all in one post.
    1. it doesn't get under my skin , it just makes me curious when people make a "stock opinion" based on the majority party line . It's a very Americanised way of viewing sport (I know you're not American btw.) where people look at Stats and believe that is everything!
    "They didn't have a shot on goal , they must be boring" "they defend well - they must be boring" .
    In "Soccer" , it's a bit more complex than that , and because a team don't attack irresponsibly , they are somehow defensive minded.
    now last night for example , Morocco had more attempts on goal than England did against France, had more penalty box action than England did against France , and probably attacked more. Does that make them Better than England? or because England lost by 1 and Morocco lost by 2 , it makes England Better?
    there is far more to it than that .
    2. it doesn't have anything to do with Italy not being in the tournament, I've accepted that. It's to do with the way that people do not give out the respect that some teams deserve.
    You may prefer "Offence rather than DEEEEFENCE" but it's a general rule of thumb in "Soccer" that the best teams are built from the back.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always known.

haha. i'm just catching up with this so i may as well reply all in one post.
    1. it doesn't get under my skin , it just makes me curious when people make a "stock opinion" based on the majority party line . It's a very Americanised way of viewing sport (I know you're not American btw.) where people look at Stats and believe that is everything!
    "They didn't have a shot on goal , they must be boring" "they defend well - they must be boring" .
    In "Soccer" , it's a bit more complex than that , and because a team don't attack irresponsibly , they are somehow defensive minded.
    now last night for example , Morocco had more attempts on goal than England did against France, had more penalty box action than England did against France , and probably attacked more. Does that make them Better than England? or because England lost by 1 and Morocco lost by 2 , it makes England Better?
    there is far more to it than that .
    2. it doesn't have anything to do with Italy not being in the tournament, I've accepted that. It's to do with the way that people do not give out the respect that some teams deserve.
    You may prefer "Offence rather than DEEEEFENCE" but it's a general rule of thumb in "Soccer" that the best teams are built from the back.

First I'll clarify a couple of things:

1. I'm not making a "stock opinion" based on anything. It is a personal preference. But I'll remember to check with you first before I state what I like and don't like.
    2. I AM an American. I realize many people make that mistake. By virtue of being from this side of the world, I am technically an American. Remember... there's North America, South America, Central America, etc. Furthermore... Puerto Ricans are by law American citizens. My passport is a U.S. passport. I hope this helps.
    3. I gave Morocco their props for yesterday's game against France. Yet I stand my opinion that their victory against Spain was extremely boring (I realize I didn't run my opinion by you first). Granted... I think Spain contributed just as much as Morocco to the boringness of the match.

I happen to have Italian ancestry... so I love the country... and I'll root for their team against most other European opponents. At one point they had a reputation for excessive flopping, which I didn't like.

Finally... you don't have to come from a "soccer" power country in order to know the sport enough to have intelligent discussions. In addition... tastes are just that. Tastes. And they're personal in nature.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. I'm not making a "stock opinion" based on anything. It is a personal preference. But I'll remember to check with you first before I state what I like and don't like.

No need to check with me mate, you like whatever you want.
    2. I AM an American. I realize many people make that mistake. By virtue of being from this side of the world, I am technically an American. Remember... there's North America, South America, Central America, etc. Furthermore... Puerto Ricans are by law American citizens. My passport is a U.S. passport. I hope this helps.

Thanks for that , it helps a lot, I did have my suspicions.

3. I gave Morocco their props for yesterday's game against France. Yet I stand my opinion that their victory against Spain was extremely boring (I realize I didn't run my opinion by you first). Granted... I think Spain contributed just as much as Morocco to the boringness of the match.

Yep, well you had no choice but to give them props, because they proved your opinion of them wrong. Now there’s a mini back track by apportioning a bit of “blame” with Spain as well for this so-called boring game.
    Like I said, you can like or dislike whatever you want, but maybe it was boring because there are aspects that you don’t know what to look for and therefore don’t appreciate.

I happen to have Italian ancestry... so I love the country... and I'll root for their team against most other European opponents. At one point they had a reputation for excessive flopping, which I didn't like.

I’m not sure what “Excessive Flopping” is, but if you mean Diving, I think your South American Cousins started that off, and ironically England , who have always berated countries like Italy for diving, have joined the “flopping” party to the extent that it probably cost them some crucial decisions against France.
    Basically, they all FLOP!

Finally... you don't have to come from a "soccer" power country in order to know the sport enough to have intelligent discussions. In addition... tastes are just that. Tastes. And they're personal in nature.

[/QUOTE]

In response to your First sentence, maybe you do in order to totally understand. And in response to you second sentence , absolutely.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No need to check with me mate, you like whatever you want.

Thanks for that , it helps a lot, I did have my suspicions.

Yep, well you had no choice but to give them props, (#1) because they proved your opinion of them wrong. Now there’s a mini back track by apportioning a bit of “blame” with Spain as well for this so-called boring game.
    Like I said, you can like or dislike whatever you want, (#2) but maybe it was boring because there are aspects that you don’t know what to look for and therefore don’t appreciate.

I’m not sure what “Excessive Flopping” is, but if you mean Diving, I think your South American Cousins started that off, and ironically England , who have always berated countries like Italy for diving, have joined the “flopping” party to the extent that it probably cost them some crucial decisions against France.
    Basically, they all FLOP!

(#3) In response to your First sentence, maybe you do in order to totally understand. And in response to you second sentence , absolutely.[/QUOTE]

#1. With all due respect, "boring" is not an opinion that can be proved wrong. It is an OPINION. A subjective assessment based on a person's likes and dislikes. What maybe Morocco DID prove is that they needed to go out of their comfort zone if they wanted to keep up with France. Especially given the fact that France scored first and very early.

#2. And maybe it was boring because I found it boring. Your supposition that I "don't know what to look for and therefore don't appreciate" is iffy, at best. If I take the darker view, it would seem a bit patronizing... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that it wasn't meant to be patronizing.

#3. No. You don't. Because if you truly believe that you HAVE to be from a soccer global power country in order to "totally understand" enough to have intelligent discussions... then I have no choice but to totally disagree with you. Furthermore... some of these assertions you've made sound almost TIC-like in nature.

You're a veteran poster. One with strong opinions and definitely not shy in expressing them. You also don't mince words. But you tend to broad-brush a lot... and have some deep-rooted misconceptions.

Misconceptions I'm only too happy to help dispel.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow! “TIC-like” ! That cuts to the core!! I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we like what we like.
    But some appreciate the gritty workmanlike nuances in order to make it look beautiful . And the intelligence of formations in order to nullify your opponents strengths. It’s similar to Boxing in that sense.
    And my point about having experienced it from supporting a “footballing power” is that unless you’ve lived that in your soul, you will never understand the reaction from absolutely all angles.
    Whether you believe or not, we are all fed a way we should believe by media and nowadays also social media. And you only truly appreciate it when you have lived that in your soul.
    Arrogant? Patronising? Could well be. But that’s sometimes what needs to be done for people to understand the inner soul of the game.

Thread Information