agree lautaro was acting whacked

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2022

That was great. A couple mistakes early on but very organised again, clever defending and we have bags of goals in us when it gels.

Have to frickin work on Saturday but will try and sneak a peak when I can. Rather meet France then than in the final tbh.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The FA need to give Southgate a new contract.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

England have been impressive this tournament better than I have ever seen them.

France on Saturday is the big test.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Southgate is getting it right. These boys play for him.

We have a great side and Bellingham is that midfield engine that makes things happen. Something that's been missing for a while.

Have to be honest I don't think we'll get through against France but we are capable of beating them for sure. Kyle walker needs to have the game of his life to keep Mbappe quiet. It's going to come down to fine margins and a mistake or stroke of genius here or there. After years of disappointment I just expect it not to be in our favour.

But I am open to being wrong!

Looking forward to it and not looking forward to it in equal measure.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Southgate is getting it right. These boys play for him.

We have a great side and Bellingham is that midfield engine that makes things happen. Something that's been missing for a while.

Have to be honest I don't think we'll get through against France but we are capable of beating them for sure. Kyle walker needs to have the game of his life to keep Mbappe quiet. It's going to come down to fine margins and a mistake or stroke of genius here or there. After years of disappointment I just expect it not to be in our favour.

But I am open to being wrong!

Looking forward to it and not looking forward to it in equal measure.
    Now your outlook is absolutely perfect. so much better than usual "it's coming home, nobody else is any good" mantra that we usually hear.
    and before Beanz starts calling me a racist and an England Hater, I'll map out how I feel about it.
    Like you , I don't think England will beat France , and if they do, I don't think they can beat France, then Spain, Then Brazil or Argentina in the final.
    BUT........
    They've given themselves the chance to be in the shake up and are DEFINITELY in with a chance. If they prove me wrong, I'll front up and give them their dues.
    They haven't put a foot wrong all tournament and players that I can't stand like Maguire and Pickford have been superb! I can't believe I'm saying this , but Pickford has been an absolute rock for England and has never let them down. (geez that was tough to write! )
    nobody has let them down and I have to save my last bit of Praise for Bellingham. Believe it or not , I have been singing his praises for at least 2 years now .
    This guy is going to be a way better player than Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham put together! It's really hard to believe that he is only 19, because he is World class now! He is so elegant on the ball , has great vision , glides across the ground , but also has an engine and can win a tackle. Enjoy this guy, because I haven't quite seen anything like him in England.
    All I can think is that he is Probably how old timers believed that Duncan Edwards would be before his tragic end.
    word of warning though , France , with Tchouanemi and Spain with Pedri & Gavi have players that can probably match him .
    so good luck, and enjoy the ride!!!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

U.S. gave it their all against Netherlands... but they've always been a tough nut to crack. The U.S. is a young team. I'd watch out for them in 2026.

That being said... WHAT A DREAM OF A SEMIFINAL IS SHAPING UP. If Brazil and Argentina take care of business as they're expected, that semifinal will be one for the ages. I'd love for Messi to take home the Cup... but alas... still rooting for Brazil.

On the other side, there's an Iberian showdown shaping up. Spain needs to get by Morocco... and Portugal needs to beat Switzerland. Spain vs Portugal would be quite the treat.

And of course England vs France. A battle of giants.

Loving this Cup!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Argentina will not make it to the finals.

Brazil were awesome and look like champions.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Now your outlook is absolutely perfect. so much better than usual "it's coming home, nobody else is any good" mantra that we usually hear.
    I'll think you'll find that this quote was never anything more than tongue in cheek - for English that understand football anyway.

Like the Fine Young Cannibals and Johnny I always hoped for it coming home rather than expected it to......

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

***SPOILER ALERT***

Pretty sure by now anyone following the Cup saw today's games, but just in case.

Anyway... Spain played like SHIT today, and deserved to lose. Besides... watching Spain play is like watching paint dry. Every World Cup there seems to be a "designated Cinderella team"... and I guess this time it's Morocco's turn.

However... after the destruction Portugal put on Switzerland in the later game... I wouldn't getting my hopes up if I was a Moroccan fan. And this was WITHOUT Cristiano Ronaldo for most of the game.

Good for Ramos scoring that hat trick while playing in Ronaldo's spot. The kid is 21... which bodes well (along with the rest of the young talent in Portugal) for their national team moving forward.

So all the quarterfinals are set.

Still hoping for an Argentina-Brazil semifinal. That will ensure a South American representative in the final match. Argentina has their work cut out for them, though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ronaldo finished at club and country level - he's damaging his legacy by not accepting it and being a baby.

He won't get back in to the starting line up now.

I'll start getting nervous re French match from early Friday morning..........

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ronaldo finished at club and country level - he's damaging his legacy by not accepting it and being a baby.

He went off on his own in the pitch after the victory... and also gave Ramos a half-hearted greeting at mid-pitch after the match.

He's being incredibly petty... and I'm glad it appears the Portugal coach has the balls to stand up to his petulant star.

If Ronaldo was totally onboard and a total team player... Portugal would probably be a shoo-in for the Final. As it stands, they might get there anyway.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

He went off on his own in the pitch after the victory... and also gave Ramos a half-hearted greeting at mid-pitch after the match.

He's being incredibly petty... and I'm glad it appears the Portugal coach has the balls to stand up to his petulant star.

If Ronaldo was totally onboard and a total team player... Portugal would probably be a shoo-in for the Final. As it stands, they might get there anyway.
    didn't see that. I did wonder if the cameras were on him when the goals were going in and if what his expressions showed.

If there's one team I don't want to win it's Portugal. Our bogey side.

Still bitter about Sol Campbell's perfectly legitimate 90th minute 'winner' against them in 2004 - var would have given it - and the Rooney sending off wink two years later.

Then when they won the tournament in 2016 despite only winning one game in normal time the whole tournament. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to say it even if it upsets people Brazil were robbed. They were the only team trying to win and Neymar goal deserved to be the winner. Croatia play for penalties and are lucky to get this far. No way a team like them deserve to win the tournament.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Going to say it even if it upsets people Brazil were robbed. They were the only team trying to win and Neymar goal deserved to be the winner. Croatia play for penalties and are lucky to get this far. No way a team like them deserve to win the tournament.
    Nobody was robbed. Show me one decision that went against them? I wanted Brazil to go through just because I wanted a Brazil/Argentina semi final, because that’s a “Proper” World Cup Semi final.
    But you don’t get given fuck all at this stage. I’ve seen it too many times in the past where teams have looked a million dollars…………..and then they get knocked out.
    Holland ‘74
    Brazil in ‘82
    Laudrup’s Denmark
    Ronaldo’s Brazil in ‘98
    Italy in ‘90.

In the first half Croatia were more than a match for Brazil, Second half Brazil were slightly better but not clinical enough.
    Extra time it looked like Neymar had saved them, but you have to close the show. The Croatia left wing had an acre to run into.
    But you must give Croatia credit for their mental strength. When it went to penalties, there was only one winner.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information