Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2022

Benzema is out of the World Cup for France.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5 minutes in and already a disgraceful home decision! I’m so glad Italy had the moral courage of conviction to boycott this shit show!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Qatar were poor and I am sure they have paid for those fans to sing throughout the match.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not seen anything today. Still can't belive there's a world Cup going on and the lack of build up back home. Am sure the football will start to grab the headlines soon. He says....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Not seen anything today. Still can't belive there's a world Cup going on and the lack of build up back home. Am sure the football will start to grab the headlines soon. He says....
    It's weird. No flags in windows or on cars, not even really seen ads on the telly etc.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a load of bollocks these stupid gestures are. Absolutely meaningless. England are going to take the knee, but not wear the one love captains armband. Looks like morals and principles go out the window if there's a chance of a yellow card !
    Taking the Knee
    so earlier in the season , it was decided that the effect this was having was dwindling and also it was risking incitement. So they decided just to do it on "Big Matches" what a fucking load of garbage. most of these guys don't even know why they are taking a knee , and I bet very few of them have even heard of Colin Kaeperneck!
    I've said it before , they should just walk out on the pitch holding hands , Black person, White person, Black person, White person etc. Even a hug, fist bump. raised fist black power style at the end of it , whatever. much more meaningful.
    infact, thinking about it even more , the holding hands aspect would rile the Qataris even more, but what could they do about it? fuck all. (more of this when it comes to the one love armband!)
    the Captain's One Love Armband
    Ok , so freedom of speech and courage of conviction only goes so far and if the captain could get a yellow, it's a no-no!
    Solution , Make the 3rd choice keeper captain . next game, maybe make the 2nd choice keeper captain or someone who is injured or who definitely won't be involved . 3rd game, there are gonna be some rested and cards won't be carried forward to the knockout stages, easy to make someone captain there. Also , every time a goal is scored , all teams agree that in the goalscoring celebrations , there are loads of kisses for the goalscorer, don't have to be on the lips (can if they want) , but this would fucking rile these idiots up to the max.
    fed up of this pretend concern bullshit , Denmark told they can't wear their protesting kit and cowering down and Lineker's "reporting not supporting" bullshit that he copied from Gabby Logan btw.
    if you're there reporting on the tournament for people back home, then that in itself is supporting the tournament as we all are. Let's not bullshit and hide , tell it how it really is.
    we're all hypocrites here , this venue was announced 12 years ago . in his pathetic Rant the other day , Infantino did have a small point really.
    It just didn't help that he tried to empathise by saying he suffered because as a Swiss kid , he was bullied where he was brought up in Italy because he was a foreigner and because he was a Ginger Twat!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-21-2022 at 01:09 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great time to score your first international goal.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great goal! Saka smashes it in
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha! 3-0
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe need a spoilers alert on this thread
    Last edited by Beanz; 11-21-2022 at 03:29 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well wasn't expecting that but I'll take it. Certainly not getting carried away though.

Some flaws at the back were shown and as for that penalty after the Maguire one earlier on.....

Had a 5er on Maguire to score a header at 16s so that one that hit the bar was a tad annoying......
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    what a load of bollocks these stupid gestures are. Absolutely meaningless. England are going to take the knee, but not wear the one love captains armband. Looks like morals and principles go out the window if there's a chance of a yellow card !
    Taking the Knee
    so earlier in the season , it was decided that the effect this was having was dwindling and also it was risking incitement. So they decided just to do it on "Big Matches" what a fucking load of garbage. most of these guys don't even know why they are taking a knee , and I bet very few of them have even heard of Colin Kaeperneck!
    I've said it before , they should just walk out on the pitch holding hands , Black person, White person, Black person, White person etc. Even a hug, fist bump. raised fist black power style at the end of it , whatever. much more meaningful.
    infact, thinking about it even more , the holding hands aspect would rile the Qataris even more, but what could they do about it? fuck all. (more of this when it comes to the one love armband!)
    the Captain's One Love Armband
    Ok , so freedom of speech and courage of conviction only goes so far and if the captain could get a yellow, it's a no-no!
    Solution , Make the 3rd choice keeper captain . next game, maybe make the 2nd choice keeper captain or someone who is injured or who definitely won't be involved . 3rd game, there are gonna be some rested and cards won't be carried forward to the knockout stages, easy to make someone captain there. Also , every time a goal is scored , all teams agree that in the goalscoring celebrations , there are loads of kisses for the goalscorer, don't have to be on the lips (can if they want) , but this would fucking rile these idiots up to the max.
    fed up of this pretend concern bullshit , Denmark told they can't wear their protesting kit and cowering down and Lineker's "reporting not supporting" bullshit that he copied from Gabby Logan btw.
    if you're there reporting on the tournament for people back home, then that in itself is supporting the tournament as we all are. Let's not bullshit and hide , tell it how it really is.
    we're all hypocrites here , this venue was announced 12 years ago . in his pathetic Rant the other day , Infantino did have a small point really.
    It just didn't help that he tried to empathise by saying he suffered because as a Swiss kid , he was bullied where he was brought up in Italy because he was a foreigner and because he was a Ginger Twat!

At the risk of oversimplifying, we all know there's racism globally. Before the Cup, during the Cup, after the Cup. Outside the Cup... inside the Cup. No amount of kneeling, armbands, or kissing-poo is going to change any of that.
    The same goes for the LGBTQ cause.

So what say we just play ball and forget all that stuff?
    Set some bland rules on conduct and dress code... and let's move on.

Colin Kaepernick bravely took a knee in the NFL to protest white cop abuse of blacks. He paid dearly for it, at the cost of his career.
    Have things changed? No. Racist white cops still exist... and occasionally there is a grave injustice where a black man is victimized.

Qatar has its own way of thinking with regard to civil rights. Yet FIFA decided to hold this year's Cup there.
    That being said, the host country has some rules regarding conduct and dress code, I guess.
    Again... let's just play ball and get on with it.

There's a time and place for everything.
    This is supposed to be a fun competition for national pride in football/soccer.
    Let's leave the tired back-and-forth for some other time and place.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6-2 win was great to watch and the squad look good. Early days but that was a fantastic start.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the U.S. gave a pretty good account of themselves. Some missed chances... and could've won, except for that bonehead foul in the box.

Thread Information