Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: naoya inoue v nonito donaire two june seventh

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Damn... missed this one. Wonder whether it was televised Stateside.
    They said it was Top Rank and there will be a catch up up of it on you tube shortly. He is a vicious and efficient puncher.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Goddamn, that was brutal. That first knockdown was Inoue knowing donaire inside and out. That was that shot that Donaire use to love to sucker guys into throwing that right hand so he could roll with it and then drop the hook over the top (like he did to Montiel). Inoue kind of feinted and threw off donaires timing. I don't think Donaire ever fully recovered.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Goddamn, that was brutal. That first knockdown was Inoue knowing donaire inside and out. That was that shot that Donaire use to love to sucker guys into throwing that right hand so he could roll with it and then drop the hook over the top (like he did to Montiel). Inoue kind of feinted and threw off donaires timing. I don't think Donaire ever fully recovered.
    Inoue is a monster puncher with the speed of Mike Tyson, that left hand is as brutal as Tito Trinidad and right hand Hitman Hearns. His jab is as destructive as Ike Quartey with the sharpness of Leonard. The man is amazing and punch perfect.

Flawless.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No.1 P4P now for me.

Not sure what real challenges are available to him in and around his weight division ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s the problem seeing 2 fighters you really like fight each other. Great to watch Inoue, but sad to see a 39 year old Nonito get smacked around a bit.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brutal is the right word for that. Inoue just looked a different beast from the first fight. Nothing away from Donaire but I think there was a bit of complacency on Inoue's part in the first fight. He looked bigger, stronger and zeroed in this time.

Tough watch seeing Donaire wiped out like that.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    No.1 P4P now for me.

Not sure what real challenges are available to him in and around his weight division ?

He should've been there long ago. But boxing doesn't recognize the lighter weights easily. It has to be some otherworldly body of work to even get noticed.

This guy though, has wiped out a veritable "Who's Who" at his weight. He doesn't care WHO they put in front of him, or when.

Ever notice how you NEVER have the negotiation/ posturing shenanigans that accompany other "p4p"s at other weights?

THIS.... is what a p4p candidate should look like.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was just absolutely devastating. For lack of a better word pure focus and execution vs a first ballot HOF. He never let Donaire get started, not in the least. Love to see Inoue get full 118 unification but honestly can see Butler receiving something similar. Donaire can walk away proud regardless and as a huge converted fan like to see that. True ambassador to the sport going forward.

Little bit of chatter about Inoue going up for Stephen Fulton but Fulton has his own massive unification to aim for. But in near future maybe, that is yet another one to hope happens!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Echoing everything said above! Inoue was devastating and is the complete fighter. I'd say the best fighter currently to watch in the sport.
    I never saw anything of the build up etc, but I don't imagine there was bad blood, pull aparts, twitter spats, and promoters trying to whip up frenzies on YouTube boxing channels.
    Love the mutual respect, the almost formal and respectful Japanese crowd and atmosphere...that guitar player entrance was fantastic also
    It was everything that is good about the sport on display over in Japan.
    We'll carry on like the circus it has become in the West

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naoya Inoue already seems to have his next fight set up after Paul Butler called for an undisputed bantamweight title fight.

Just a matter of hours ago, Naoya Inoue continued to prove why he’s one of the pound-for-pound best boxers on the planet as he demolished Nonito Donaire in Saitama, Japan.

In addition to retaining The Ring, WBA (Super) and IBF bantamweight titles, he also managed to capture Donaire’s WBC crown with a second round TKO that reminded everyone why he’s known as ‘The Monster’.

Inoue immediately noted that he’s interested in becoming the undisputed bantamweight king but if he wants to achieve that goal, he needs to take the WBO belt off of England’s own Paul Butler.

Butler, 33, quickly made it known to DAZN that this is the kind of bout he’s been looking for.

“We’re ready to go. I’d pack my bags tomorrow” said Butler. “He’s the fighter that’s number one in my weight class but that doesn’t mean I’m not a huge fan of his. How couldn’t you be? I’ve been in with a few world class fighters, but Inoue is just something else.

“Talks have been had about an undisputed fight and Inoue’s team want the fight to happen next before he looks on moving up, so that means this year. Undisputed is everything to him and he can’t do that before he fights me. I’m desperate for the fight and I’m going to go over there and give it everything I’ve got because that’s what it’s going to take to beat a fighter like Inoue.”

While he may have two pro losses on his record, Paul Butler also has an astonishing 34 wins to his name – which includes an eight-fight win streak that he’s currently riding.

His most recent outing took place in his beloved Liverpool which is where he won the interim WBO title, beating Jonas Sultan, eventually being promoted to full champion status after John Riel Casimero was stripped.

If the Inoue fight gets booked, it’d easily be the biggest night of Butler’s career. With that kind of motivation, anything is possible.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...id=msedgntphdr

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Butler has good hand speed and ties you up good but one week point is he backs straight up when he gets it

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That was just absolutely devastating. For lack of a better word pure focus and execution vs a first ballot HOF. He never let Donaire get started, not in the least. Love to see Inoue get full 118 unification but honestly can see Butler receiving something similar. Donaire can walk away proud regardless and as a huge converted fan like to see that. True ambassador to the sport going forward.

Little bit of chatter about Inoue going up for Stephen Fulton but Fulton has his own massive unification to aim for. But in near future maybe, that is yet another one to hope happens!

He's going to have to move up because he's going to run out of anybody remotely worth fighting and because money and promoters will push things that way. Chocolatito was in the same situation and probably could have extended his career a few years fighting at his natural weight but moved up chasing money and recognition. Inoue is in a kind of similar situation. I think we're going to get the opportunity to see if his power stays with him when he moves up the weights.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

He's going to have to move up because he's going to run out of anybody remotely worth fighting and because money and promoters will push things that way. Chocolatito was in the same situation and probably could have extended his career a few years fighting at his natural weight but moved up chasing money and recognition. Inoue is in a kind of similar situation. I think we're going to get the opportunity to see if his power stays with him when he moves up the weights.

Good comparison with Chocolatito. Chocolatito was a force at his weight, but as happens with anybody else, lost some of that advantage when he moved up.

The lighter weights, I think, are more stacked from division to division than the upper weights. So in the lower divisions, a move up means you're fighting some elite opposition at the very next weight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Good comparison with Chocolatito. Chocolatito was a force at his weight, but as happens with anybody else, lost some of that advantage when he moved up.

The lighter weights, I think, are more stacked from division to division than the upper weights. So in the lower divisions, a move up means you're fighting some elite opposition at the very next weight.

Plus a few pounds is a massive amount for the little lads. Chocolatito went from 112 where he was knocking everybody out to 115 and was still a beautiful boxer but had problems with the physicality of for instance Wangek. Definitely didn't have the same effect with his punches just three pounds north of flyweight. Inoue has already moved up at world level. He's still got knockout power at bantam but who knows further north.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

naoya could hang around for some of the guys at one fifteen to move up after putting paul butler to bed but he could become undisputed at one twenty two in one or two fights potentially. which ways more on legacy? wins over smaller future hall of famers el gallo or chocolatito or another undisputed title? the monster is good enough to give us both
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information