Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Williams

Yes it's the annual, maybe biannual? Shock and horror story that Danny Williams fights on.

'F***ing disgusting' - Hall of Fame promoter Lou DiBella slams dark side of the sport as video of Danny Williams, who once knocked out Mike Tyson, emerges of him still boxing, aged 48 (talksport.com)

It seems like we've been having the same conversation (because we have) for about 10 years, maybe 15? Each and every time someone from the boxing world will take to Twitter and express their disgust! How can "The commission/Trainer/Promoter" allow this!!!! (sad face)

In this example it's DiBella getting all glassy eyed and animated. He wasn't the first though.

"He's paying for his kids to go to private school" "He's got a mortgage to pay" Mortgage fair enough. But how thick are his kids exactly? How much schooling do they need?

And what mortgage can he be covering with that shower of shite? I'd be amazed if he was making more than a few hundred quid. Based on that video, clearly no one gives a shit that he once knocked out Mike Tyson or challenged for a world title. There's clearly no sweetening of the pot for someone that used to be someone.

I'm sure some 'journalist' will pin him down for a chat some time soon and he'll say he does it because he needs the money and the journalist will feel mighty pleased with themselves for snagging such a hard hitting piece. It'll probably be on video and be called Danny Williams RAW!!!! or Danny Williams "GOES IN!!" on boxing. Or one of the other shit buzzwords those types use these days.

The bottom line is Williams fights because Williams wants to fight, it's all he knows. Boxing will be outraged of course. But it will be Outraged from Monday to Thursday tops because come Friday, we need to start focusing on the weekends fights. Tomorrows chip paper and all that.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Williams

Look at the amount of similar threads there are about him that date back 2006 where they say he should retire at the bottom of this post!

The man must be in serious financial trouble or he loves being hit in the face.

He is beyond shot.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I saw his name as the heading of this thread, I feared the worst. It’s clearly too easy to get a license.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man has to eat I guess. Of course he needed to be out years and years ago. Always wonder about the name notoriety of "that one night" being an eventual curse for so many guys on the same level. The thing is you'll never see the DiBellas or talking heads ranting and raving for the other thousands of active cannon fodder no name fighters who press on with only bare bones economic necessity and faded forgotten instinct. There will always be vultures in promotion looking to piece together the now obvious bleached white bones of long gone fighters to raise others on their payroll, and it's always disgusting.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Yes it's the annual, maybe biannual? Shock and horror story that Danny Williams fights on.

'F***ing disgusting' - Hall of Fame promoter Lou DiBella slams dark side of the sport as video of Danny Williams, who once knocked out Mike Tyson, emerges of him still boxing, aged 48 (talksport.com)

It seems like we've been having the same conversation (because we have) for about 10 years, maybe 15? Each and every time someone from the boxing world will take to Twitter and express their disgust! How can "The commission/Trainer/Promoter" allow this!!!! (sad face)

In this example it's DiBella getting all glassy eyed and animated. He wasn't the first though.

"He's paying for his kids to go to private school" "He's got a mortgage to pay" Mortgage fair enough. But how thick are his kids exactly? How much schooling do they need?

And what mortgage can he be covering with that shower of shite? I'd be amazed if he was making more than a few hundred quid. Based on that video, clearly no one gives a shit that he once knocked out Mike Tyson or challenged for a world title. There's clearly no sweetening of the pot for someone that used to be someone.

I'm sure some 'journalist' will pin him down for a chat some time soon and he'll say he does it because he needs the money and the journalist will feel mighty pleased with themselves for snagging such a hard hitting piece. It'll probably be on video and be called Danny Williams RAW!!!! or Danny Williams "GOES IN!!" on boxing. Or one of the other shit buzzwords those types use these days.

The bottom line is Williams fights because Williams wants to fight, it's all he knows. Boxing will be outraged of course. But it will be Outraged from Monday to Thursday tops because come Friday, we need to start focusing on the weekends fights. Tomorrows chip paper and all that.
    Same gonna said about Chisora in a minute now too.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

Same gonna said about Chisora in a minute now too.
    I can see that happening.

Chisora is starting to look like a punchbag with arms these days.

He's still tough, but for how much longer?
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Thread Information