Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rolly Romero and team is making this fight against Tank Davis!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Rolly Romero and team is making this fight against Tank Davis!

I really, REALLY want to see this fight now. hahahah. Rolly's team is making this fight. A year ago I thought he was a bum, he still is a bum to some extent but an entertaining bum and his coach Bullet Cromwell is a beast.hahahaa... This is a a true boxing build up!

It even has an interesting back story, Rolly started late and had some legal issues just recently that caused their first fight to be cancelled. I'm gonna tune in for this. This is how you build a fucking fight!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rolly Romero and team is making this fight against Tank Davis!

These two guys were embarrassing but every circus needs a spastic clown and that's why Rolly is there . Bigger thing is where does Tank go now that his contract is up. He's wasting time with these showcase ppv grabs

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talk is cheap, Rollys going to get battered from pillar to post. By the stare down you can tell there's a significant difference in size. We already know about the disparity in skill. Unless he lands a magic flail, this one is going to like watching a cat toy with a mouse before an ugly finish.

As for Tank, he'll probably try to do what Crawfords doing and a fight by fight basis or mini contract. The issue i see there is the way Tank acts, hes going to need a handler like an Elorbe, to perform damage control. I don't know if sam watson at pbc is going to stick his neck out as for a freelancer...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The man nicknamed 'Tank' is still a dangerous man at 135lbs and fans are desperate to see him in the ring with the best. Davis - who has been touted as the next Floyd Mayweather by the man himself - is under the promotional banner of his boxing idol at Mayweather Promotions. He is, however, a free agent after this fight and every promotional outfit including Mayweather Promotions will be hoping to stage his next fight. The good news is, it means 'Tank' could be in for a super-fight next and he won't be short of options.

Below we look at five fights for Davis - providing he beats Rolando Romero on the weekend.

Ryan Garcia

This is the big one.
    Ryan Garcia has made his intentions clear on wanting the bout with Davis for a while.

'King Ry' even turned down his mandatory position for Devin Haney's WBC title he earnt after his win over Luke Campbell in pursuit of Tank.

Yet due to various injuries as well as mental health problems, the fight has never managed to materialise. With nearly eight million followers on Twitter, Garcia will bring his huge following. This combined with Davis' loyal fan base will provide huge numbers for the event - giving career high paydays for both fighters. The likely next step in the career of the 23-year-old is looking to be a bout with Javier Fortuna in July, putting hopes of a contest with Isaac Cruz - only the second fighter to go the full distance with Davis - to bed.

Garcia's promoter Oscar De La Hoya has openly offered Davis a two-fight promotional deal with Garcia-Davis part of the contract.

Vasiliy Lomachenko

Despite his loss to Teofimo Lopez nearly two years ago, many fans believe Vasiliy Lomachenko to be the best 135lb fighter in the division.

Loma was offered the fight down under with George Kambosos for the WBA, WBO and IBF belts before the Ukrainian decided to turn the opportunity down in order to remain and defend his homeland Ukraine against the attack from Russia. Yet when the 34-year-old does decide to make his return to the sport, he will be looking for a big fight in order to propel himself back into the world title picture now he's entering the tail-end of his career. With names like Shakur Stevenson, Devin Haney, and George Kambosos Jr in the hat, many believe the fight with Davis to be the most exciting option for the two-time Olympic gold medallist. The exceptional footwork and boxing fundamentals of Lomachenko mixed with the unpredictable power of 'Tank' will provide the age-old fan favourite contest of the boxer vs the puncher.

Shakur Stevenson

The pair are future pound for pound greats. Shakur Stevenson has already begun to cement his legacy in boxing with two world titles in as many divisions from 18 fights. It includes a career best performance over Oscar Valdez at 130lbs to unify the super featherweight division. The southpaw champion is at a crossroads in his career. Does he continue his journey to undisputed at super featherweight or move up to lightweight for the big fights? A move to lightweight will provide a world of opportunities for Stevenson, the biggest one being Tank. Just like the Lomachenko clash, it will give fans the boxer vs puncher matchup. The younger man in Stevenson will undoubtedly give Davis his toughest test yet, and potentially the highest risk matchup on the list which is why it is difficult to see the three-weight world champion wanting to jump into the ring with Stevenson just yet.

Devin Haney

The American is the current WBC champion and has the chance to become undisputed king at lightweight on June 5. Haney - who faces George Kambosos Jr in Melbourne - is another fun fight for Davis to take. At 23 years old, Haney is the second youngest current world champion - the youngest being WBC super flyweight champion Jesse Bam Rodriguez. Picking up the interim belt in 2019 after leaving Zaur Abdullaev retired on his stool, 'The Dream' was soon upgraded to full champion once Lomachenko was made the franchise champion. Since holding the belt, Haney has made defences against the likes of Yuriorkis Gamboa, Jorge Linares and JoJo Diaz.

Providing Haney comes through Kambosos on June 5 as well as the rematch contracted if the American wins, then for certain 'Tank' will be calling the name of the new undisputed champion for a huge 135lb clash. With Haney showing he is willing to change promotors for a fight he wants, recently signing a two-fight deal with Top Rank in order to get the Kambosos fight, then it looks like the pressure will be on Davis to accept the challenge of Haney.

Teofimo Lopez

Teofimo Lopez has experienced the highs and lows of the sport in the last two years. He became IBF lightweight champion in 2020 after decimating Richard Commey inside two rounds. Lopez then did the unthinkable and beat Vasyl Lomachenko via unanimous decision to unify the division. However, in his next fight a poor performance saw George Kambosos Jr snare the belts away.

We are yet to see him back in the ring but 140lbs is the weight division he will be fighting at, and Josh Taylor is his number one target for 2023.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...08e945ee7e8885
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gervonta Davis revealed he will leave Floyd Mayweather after his fight with Rolando Romero following months of speculation over his future.

The American star, 27, says there isn’t any ‘bad blood’ between them despite previously calling him ‘jealous’ in a since-deleted tweet.

Boxing great Mayweather, 45, signed Davis in 2015, just two years before he retired a perfect 50-0.

Since then, ‘Tank’ has won belts in three weight divisions, scored 24 knockouts in his 26 straight wins and returns against lightweight rival ‘Rolly’ Romero on Saturday.

However, their relationship hasn’t been without its faults, as evident by their very public falling out.

And now Davis has confirmed that he will fight out of his contract after refusing to sign a new deal.

Speaking on The Last Stand Podcast, Brian Custer – podcast host and sports commentator – said: “So this is your last fight with Mayweather Promotions?”

Davis replied: “Yes sir.”

Before adding, “I feel as though the feeling is mutual. I don’t have bad blood with Mayweather Promotions.

“I’m definitely appreciative of what they have done for me over the years.

“There’s no love lost. It’s just time for me to grow up and be my own, you know, my own man.”

Davis is eyeing future bouts against fellow stars Devin Haney, 23, Ryan Garcia, 23, and George Kambosos Jr, 28.

And while he is grateful for everything that Mayweather has done for him over the years, he is looking forward to taking control of his own destiny.

He continued: “It’s about just, you know, becoming that man to handle your own, you know, responsibility, your own priority.

“I feel as though it’s my career so I feel as though I need to be the one to control my career, you know what I mean. And it’s time.

“Everybody doesn’t need to have training wheels on them forever. It’s time to ride their own bike without training wheels.”

Mayweather, meanwhile, had nothing but positive things to say about his former protégé.

Speaking to FightHype.com, he said: “Nothing lasts forever. I will always love Tank.

“I like him. Love him – look at him as a son. He has to do what’s best for him.

“I feel like I’ve done a great job thus far, building him and putting him in good fights, great fights.

“He’s steady growing, he’s steady learning. I’m proud of him.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/othe...0b718f82e27eec
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Erislandry Lara v Spike O' Sullivan for a 160 belt in the co main . What a spectacular traveling shit show circus of a card.

Thread Information