Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano - 30th April 2022

I thought Taylor nicked it. Serrano may've had a huge round, but it only scores 10-9. I think the 1st 3 rounds were hard to score and would be the difference on lots of cards, I gave Taylor all 3 of the 1st 3, although very close. A draw or 96-94 either way would all have been justifiable.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna be brutally honest and I take nothing away from Katie.

If the roles are completely reversed.... Taylor gets a wide UD victory... and no one is complaining about it.

Think about it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

If the roles are completely reversed.... Taylor gets a wide UD victory... and no one is complaining about it.

Think about it.
    Thought about it and have no idea what you mean :-)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Think about it.
    Thought about it and have no idea what you mean :-)

I mean if Katie did what Amanda did... and Amanda did what Katie did... Katie would've walked away with a wide UD.

Then again I realize it's just my appreciation of the fight.

I just thought about the old adage of "Who would you rather be at the end of the fight?"

But oh well... maybe it was all to secure a rematch down the line.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight but I don't like women's boxing. I think there's a deeply embedded evolutionary reason, whether we are aware of it or not.

From a survival-of-the-species standpoint women are much more valuable than men. Eggs are scarce, and the limiting factor in reproduction, while sperm is super-abundant. If 95% of the men in a particular society disappeared, the total population would be back to normal within a couple generations so long as polygamy were allowed. If 95% of the women disappeared, the society's population might not recover for hundreds of years, if ever.

This is why virtually no society in history has allowed women to take the primary role in warfare, and from deep in our subconscious it's why we don't like seeing women taking unnecessary risks - which includes stepping into the ring.

There's a deep primordial subconscious that we don't even realize, reminiscent of how men beat on there chest to emasculate their manhood, boxers, mma'ers all fighters do it and men do it all the time on the street when challenged or challenging, but few know what it is our ancestral primates, most predominantly gorillas that beat their chest during those times before combat with each other.

Gender roles are far deeper than societies trends. We are only a few thousand years out of living in mud huts and being scared of the sun so let us not forget that humans do actually have huge ammounts of preprogrammed insticnt whether we know we are acting on it or not.

I have a huge amount of respect for female boxers because women by nature arent as aggressive, arent as physically resiliant as man and getting scarred up or your nose broken will matter far more. It's also tougher because it lacks the potentially lucrative future that male boxing does.

But towards the end of this fight it was no more skilled than a bar fight and bear in mind these were meant to be the cream of the crop
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 05-03-2022 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/katie-ta...-stats--165910

The punch stats are pretty funny, serrano doubled Taylors landed jabs with........ 2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They did not throw that many jabs to the body either from those stats.

Women fight over men since the dawn of time and there is nothing more erotic especially if they are in bikini’s and mud.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, great occasion. They both did themselves and boxing proud. Pretty straight forward to score for me. Taylor won the early and late rounds, Serrano dominated the middle three or four rounds. Taylor did well to regroup after the onslaught in the fifth.

Mannix and McCaskill were inept on commentary. Just awful. DAZN allowing Jake Paul to commentate on the Vargas Smith fight was also cringeworthy.

The Crews Dezurn Cederroos fight was an absolute belter as well. Absolutely brutal.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information