Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano - 30th April 2022

Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano will contest the biggest fight in the history of women’s boxing this Saturday, as Taylor puts her lightweight titles on the line at New York’s Madison Square Garden.

The undisputed champion is unbeaten at 20-0 (6 knockouts) and previously held the WBO light-welterweight belt, while Serrano carries a professional record of 42-1-1 (30 KOs) into the main-event bout.

Puerto Rican Serrano is unified featherweight champion and has held titles across seven divisions, while Ireland’s Taylor also counts an Olympic gold medal among her many accolades.

YouTuber-turned boxer Jake Paul has been serving as Serrano’s promoter for this bout, working with 35-year-old Taylor’s promoter Eddie Hearn.

Taylor vs Serrano takes place at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Saturday 30 April.

The ring walks are expected to take place at around 10pm local time (3am BST on Sunday 1 May).

The fight will air exclusively on streaming platform DAZN, a subscription to which is available here at a cost of £7.99 per month.

Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano – (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO women’s lightweight titles)

Jessie Vargas vs Liam Smith (super-welterweight)

Franchon Crews Dezurn vs Elin Cederroos (WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO super-middleweight titles)

Austin Williams vs Chordale Booker (middleweight)

Galal Yafai vs Miguel Cartagena (flyweight)

Reshat Mati vs Joe Eli Hernandez (super-lightweight)

Khalil Coe vs William Langston (light-heavyweight)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b867349beae554
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano - 30th April 2022

As much as people slag on women's boxing it sure seems like they're giving us everything we ask of men's recently. Best v best - top competitive unifications. Ok the 2 minute rounds, still a big asterisk if we're fair. But this is a helluva match up. Lean to Katie ultimately being too strong for Serrano down the stretch and on 3 cards.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-28-2022 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Serrano - Taylor is a very good matchup in the womens game because both of these girls have skills heart & can fight. It's gonna go down like this.

Na (lol)

Female fighters show a lot of heart but sometimes it's like watching a couple of children flail at each other in the playground. No power. No skills. Just two women punching each other. Do I wanna see that ?.

Female boxing needs a female star that men wanna bang.

That's was one of the appeals of Rhonda Rousey. Not only could she kick ass but men found her sexually attractive. Rhonda use to beat chicks in seconds, not minutes and would often break limbs, nobody ever saw anything like it. When she fell off, everyone stopped caring. Ebanie Bridges has that white girl, pretty-ish, blonde girl look about her but she's 35 and how many fights does she have left in her ?

So Katie Taylor with her plain jane looks, jabbing kangaroo style and boring personality won't do and I thought Define Peerson beat her twice (For sure in their 1st fight that was worse than all the hullaballoo over the Taylor Caterral decision)

I'm a fan of thick azzes. So every now and then i'll watch Olympic Women's Volleyball (Indoor) Go Brazil! Also the female Olympic Sprinters, 400M, 200M, and 100M.

The only sports where I'd say the women are more watchable and bigger than the men is probably gymnastics. Female tennis stars are big too. Not bigger than the mens though.

I think people look at women's boxing the way people in Europe look at the NFL or the people in the USA look at soccer. Unless it's the superbowl or World Cup - No body really pays it much attention

But you know what ? I'll actually be watching the Taylor Serrano fight over the Stevenson - Valdez fight.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-29-2022 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta agree on those Olympic female sprinters. Without a doubt they tend to have the most awesome butts and thighs of any woman athlete.

Yeah... I'm gonna watch the Serrano-Taylor fight myself. The Shakur-Valdez fight should be a great fight... and I hate how they always tend to pit great fights against one another in competing networks. Sometimes the calendar is empty... other times you have choose between great fights. I wish the women's fight was 3-minute rounds. These are both consummate professionals, and have shown they can give and take as good as the men.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going to try and stay up for these fights but it is very frustrating 2 good bouts may end up on at the same time.

I will be watching the men if they are overlapping. Hope they don't.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am going to try and stay up for these fights but it is very frustrating 2 good bouts may end up on at the same time.

I will be watching the men if they are overlapping. Hope they don't.
    Times may be all over the place. This is on East coast and Stevenson v Valdez out in Vegas. Wouldn't be shocked to see all early ko's on ESPN card so hope Main kicks off earlier than 11pm here. At least both can be up on different screens locally, laptop and Espn on the reg cable big screen.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like to see Dazn settle down on the magical rotating microphones. Jake Paul to Ryan Garcia to Clarissa Shields to an always yelling Todd Grisham. My ears are numb.

Good tough scrap with Dezum and Cederroos with Dezum on all cards. Figure Vargas v Smith will go distance.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to tell where this Vargas is. Wouldn't be surprised to see Beefy get him out late.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice close to round for Liam but Vargas may have nicked 1st. Vargas went in thinking himself a new found puncher.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slip by Liam, Vargas trying quality over quantity with punch placement. Liam is needing to put his hands ahead of his face when he comes in, let them go. Vargas doing the cleaner work.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liam Smith better mid-late 3rd clean right backed Vargas off. Smith cut. Vargas reduced to the corner majority of round throwing singles.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas starts 4th double jabs head and body. Liam pressure clips him back and to the body late on the ropes. Free exchange breaks out Vargas looked hurt to the body and possible cut on Vargas now. Have it even up 2-2

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strength shift coming through in 5th for Liam. Bulling Vargas on ropes and both bleeding. Double right hands back Vargas to corner, Liams best round.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liam really working well upstairs downstairs and Vargas winded a bit in 6th. Uppercut clips Vargas who's doing his best to time Liam down middle but nothing doing. If Vargas has a second wind he better find it, 4-2 Liam.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They gotta get this buffoon Paul off the mic. Hard to listen to a guy 'refer' to his own "long pro career" when watching two actual professionals war it out. 5-2 Liam

Thread Information