That much was made evident to me last night. The Serrano-Taylor bout was excellent, and worthy of the main event status in Madison Square Garden. I hated the decision (but then what else is new in boxing judging, where three dopes conspire to ruin many a great fight with their asinine decisions )... but both fighters showed excellent skills and tons of heart.

By contrast, an earlier fight on the undercard featured two women super middleweights for the undisputed title and all the belts. You'd think quality, right? Yet IMO, it was just another barroom slugfest, with zero defense, even less strategy, and nothing of note save a bloodied but brave Swede who made sure every punch from her opponent landed flush. Then again, they had what was it... 16 professional fights between the two? Just points to the barren wasteland of women's boxing in some divisions.

Amanda Serrano was ranked #3 in the latest women's p4p rankings (?)... but I gotta figure... after her and Katie the level drops off considerably.