Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Has "The Ring" catapulted Ginger into "one-name-celebrity" status now?

A la Tiger... Madonna... Oprah?

Give me a fukking break....
    is that image from the ring?

(see post 41)
    i have & am asking if the image is officially from the ring?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I think his point is that the sun made up that image for their newspaper, and the ring seem to list him as canelo Alvarez on their list...not that it matters much.

Yes, The Ring lists him as Canelo Alvarez. But the fact remains at least one media outlet deems him worthy of one-name status, a lofty honor usually reserved by the consensus GOATs of their sports (Jordan, Tiger, Serena, etc).

It just adds to that "fawning factor" that Ginger carries into the ring with him and sways the judges.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his point is that the sun made up that image for their newspaper, and the ring seem to list him as canelo Alvarez on their list...not that it matters much.

Yes, The Ring lists him as Canelo Alvarez. But the fact remains at least one media outlet deems him worthy of one-name status, a lofty honor usually reserved by the consensus GOATs of their sports (Jordan, Tiger, Serena, etc).

It just adds to that "fawning factor" that Ginger carries into the ring with him and sways the judges.
    so not the ring then? i don't see the issue but i call lots of fighters by their nicknames
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so not the ring then? i don't see the issue but i call lots of fighters by their nicknames

You're not the press.

And just a note...

I won't be getting into another interminable tit-for-tat on what is basically a personal opinion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

I won't be getting into another interminable tit-for-tat on what is basically a personal opinion.
    no personal opinion, i just asked if the image was officially from the ring, as you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

no personal opinion, i just asked if the image was officially from the ring, as you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now

Yes. And I believe it was established that it wasn't The Ring, but an actual press organization that took the liberty to call Canelo only by the one name. I expressed my thoughts on that... and that was that.

Whether it's The Ring or The Sun, I couldn't care less. Someone other than an individual somehow decided to confer "one name status" on Ginger.

I believe it adds to the "fawning factor."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

Yes. And I believe it was established that it wasn't The Ring, but an actual press organization that took the liberty to call Canelo only by the one name. I expressed my thoughts on that... and that was that.

Whether it's The Ring or The Sun, I couldn't care less. Someone other than an individual somehow decided to confer "one name status" on Ginger.

okay so not the ring

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

By now we all know how important it is for you to have the last word... so I'll just limit myself to saying "Yes... not The Ring." Brownie points for you.

The illustration came from The Sun, which to me is even worse, since it means a supposed neutral media outlet is feeding the fanboyism that surrounds Ginger.

But yeah... "so not the ring." Feel free to have the last word.

I'm satisfied I've driven home my point.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

By now we all know how important it is for you to have the last word... so I'll just limit myself to saying "Yes... not The Ring." Brownie points for you.

The illustration came from The Sun, which to me is even worse, since it means a supposed neutral media outlet is feeding the fanboyism that surrounds Ginger.

you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now, i asked if the image was from the ring to confirm your question of who has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now. it seems it is the sun & not the ring

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

you were asking if the ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now, i asked if the image was from the ring to confirm your question of who has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now. it seems it is the sun & not the ring
    Yes... that is accurate.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

Yes. I stated my opinion that it is beneath a major media outlet to confer one-name status to someone like Ginger...... and you made your point (correctly) that it wasn't The Ring who did that.

Win-win... wouldn't you say?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

Yes. I stated my opinion that it is beneath a major media outlet to confer one-name status to someone like Ginger...... and you made your point (correctly) that it wasn't The Ring who did that.

no you asked if ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now & i asked if the image was from the ring. you told me to see a particular post. i was just asking if it was officially from the ring. turns out it wasn't. anyway i'm not sure why this is a surprise to you. i hear & read members of the boxing press refer to canelo as only canelo all the time. sometimes the nickname is catchier or easier

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not the press.

And just a note...

okay so not the ring

Yes... that is accurate.
    we got there in the end

no you asked if ring has catapulted ginger into one-name-celebrity status now & i asked if the image was from the ring. you told me to see a particular post. i was just asking if it was officially from the ring. turns out it wasn't. anyway i'm not sure why this is a surprise to you. i hear & read members of the boxing press refer to canelo as only canelo all the time. sometimes the nickname is catchier or easier

I'll continue to play your stupid little game, ticky.

I saw something posted on the forum and commented on it. It was a list of p4p fighters as per The Ring... and Canelo was only referred to by his nickname, which isn't even his real first name.

In your usual nit-picky fashion you went into your childish tirade of wanting to know if it in fact was the The Ring.

As a courtesy to your childish bullshit, I did the research and found that no... it was The Sun, a major publication, that had only used Canelo's nickname on the list.

Kudos to you... put a little star in your notebook.

I then stated my opinion that, whether it's The Ring or The Sun... it is unwarranted to refer to Ginger, now an exposed diva, by only one name. That honor is usually reserved by GOATs of a sport. And I gave examples.

You predictably wanted to hammer the point home that I had made a mistake, because that's what petulant, bratty little children do. So you held your breath and demanded that I admit I was wrong about The Ring.

As an adult, I admitted to my mistake... but somehow that doesn't seem to be enough for you.

Like with your asinine argument about "so called illegal guns" (they're either illegal or they're not)..... you continue to want to have the last word, or else you'll take your toys and go home.

Tell me... did you suffer a depraved childhood, that now you have this asinine need to get in the last word?

I'll be happy to give you the last word.... after I've said a couple of my own.

Fuck off.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But who gives a shit about any of that??

All I care about is that Ginger has plummeted off his #1 post, courtesy of a comprehensive beating at the hands of Dmitry Bivol.

Thread Information