Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

If Kambosos beats Haney then he should be on the list.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    NOW can we stop this disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 at the P4P list? The disrespect was sickening, tbth...

I always felt Canelo had a lot to prove before he could have been placed at #1 p4p... But everyone serious in the game knew the #1 p4p is Terance Bud Crawford. Stop this disrespect on the man and put him #1...

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    5.... name the rest of the guys you like.
    Fury at 3 ? He’s nowhere near it. He’s no different to many of the World champions in other divisions.
    Inoue is #1
    Crawford needs to fight and beat Spence and that settles everything.
    Anything other than Crawford as #1 is racist.
    So I’m racist now, just because I don’t agree with you. Crawford is one of my favourite current fighters, but Inoue has not been given the respect he deserves.
    Crawford has been a victim of his previous promoter’s unprofessional work for him. But he signed the contract.
    For the record, I believe Crawford is probably the best all round Boxer out there, but you have to create your legacy in the ring.
    You mean by doing something like winning 16 championship fights over 3 divisions including undisputed in 1 and about to fight for undisputed in another?
    Yeah exactly like, or maybe even do it over 4 divisions like Inoue. Like I said , Inoue is the only one that I possibly put above Bud, but it’s a 50/50 call.
    If Crawford fights and beats Spence (which I hope he does tbh) that settles everything.
    You’ve said yourself along the lines of “ Spence would be favourite “ I can’t remember exactly what you said. But Crawford needs that fight to put his career right up there where it belongs.
    I have absolutely no criticism of Crawford as a boxer whatsoever, just disappointed in his management choices over his career.
    you don't have oleksandr above terence?
    No, of course not. Usyk is a Wonderful Boxer, with an amazing Amateur record. But it’s got to be judged on the pro career surely? And yes he hoovered up the CW Division with ease, but CW is a notoriously shallow division.
    And he’s beaten AJ.
    To be honest, even if he beats AJ again, then Fury, I probably still wouldn’t have him at #1.
    Usyk won the Olympic gold medal in 2012, he then won his first world title in his tenth fight, when he fought undefeated 26-0 Krzysztof Glowacki in Poland for his WBO belt.

After defending the WBO title three times, including the then undefeated heavyweight contender Michael Hunter, he won WBC belt against undefeated 23-0 Mairis Briedis in his hometown.

Usyk then wins the undisputed title in Russia, against undefeated 26-0 Murat Gassiev.

After that he beat and thankfully retired the great Tony Bellew who had just beaten David Haye twice.

The second greatest Cruiserweight ever.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    NOW can we stop this disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 at the P4P list? The disrespect was sickening, tbth...

I always felt Canelo had a lot to prove before he could have been placed at #1 p4p... But everyone serious in the game knew the #1 p4p is Terance Bud Crawford. Stop this disrespect on the man and put him #1...

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Fury at 3 ? He’s nowhere near it. He’s no different to many of the World champions in other divisions.
    Inoue is #1
    So I’m racist now, just because I don’t agree with you. Crawford is one of my favourite current fighters, but Inoue has not been given the respect he deserves.
    Crawford has been a victim of his previous promoter’s unprofessional work for him. But he signed the contract.
    For the record, I believe Crawford is probably the best all round Boxer out there, but you have to create your legacy in the ring.
    You mean by doing something like winning 16 championship fights over 3 divisions including undisputed in 1 and about to fight for undisputed in another?
    Yeah exactly like, or maybe even do it over 4 divisions like Inoue. Like I said , Inoue is the only one that I possibly put above Bud, but it’s a 50/50 call.
    If Crawford fights and beats Spence (which I hope he does tbh) that settles everything.
    You’ve said yourself along the lines of “ Spence would be favourite “ I can’t remember exactly what you said. But Crawford needs that fight to put his career right up there where it belongs.
    I have absolutely no criticism of Crawford as a boxer whatsoever, just disappointed in his management choices over his career.
    No, of course not. Usyk is a Wonderful Boxer, with an amazing Amateur record. But it’s got to be judged on the pro career surely? And yes he hoovered up the CW Division with ease, but CW is a notoriously shallow division.
    And he’s beaten AJ.
    To be honest, even if he beats AJ again, then Fury, I probably still wouldn’t have him at #1.
    Usyk won the Olympic gold medal in 2012, he then won his first world title in his tenth fight, when he fought undefeated 26-0 Krzysztof Glowacki in Poland for his WBO belt.

After defending the WBO title three times, including the then undefeated heavyweight contender Michael Hunter, he won WBC belt against undefeated 23-0 Mairis Briedis in his hometown.

Usyk then wins the undisputed title in Russia, against undefeated 26-0 Murat Gassiev.

After that he beat and thankfully retired the great Tony Bellew who had just beaten David Haye twice.

So what?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    And he’s beaten AJ.

So what?
    so terence's record is very thin
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    And he’s beaten AJ.

So what?
    Gamboa, Postol , Beltran , Brook,Porter are better names AND better wins than Glowacki , Hunter, Gassiev , Bellew and Chisora.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    And he’s beaten AJ.

So what?
    Gamboa, Postol , Beltran , Brook,Porter are better names AND better wins than Glowacki , Hunter, Gassiev , Bellew and Chisora.
    yuriorkis was a smaller guy. i think viktor is a good win. raymundo was always on the fringe. kell was past it. shawn is a good win. i don't think they are better wins than mairis & aj. murat is a better win. terence has some good wins but oleksandr has fought better opponents
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think p4p has become a festering cyst for so many fighters and fans. Really feels like it's cheapened and lost a great deal of any substance and big picture thinking. But of course we knew that when the Ring put Broner at #5 . It's always been subjective but within less than a 1 month span it's a literal flavor of the month now. From 4-30 to 5-22 and then immediately see soooo many insisting Bivol, Stevenson and Charlo just waltz right on to it thus 3 other dropped right off.

They're going to need a bigger list.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-26-2022 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think p4p has become a festering cyst for so many fighters and fans. Really feels like it's cheapened and lost a great deal of any substance and big picture thinking. But of course we knew that when the Ring put Broner at #5 . It's always been subjective but within less than a 1 month span it's a literal flavor of the month now. From 4-30 to 5-22 and then immediately see soooo many insisting Bivol, Stevenson and Charlo just waltz right on to it thus 3 other dropped right off.

They're going to need a bigger list.
    you got it. just a bit of fun for me. all the talk around dmitry, shakur & charlo but no love for artur

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Independent’s pound-for-pound rankings

10. Dmitry Bivol (20-0, 11 knockouts)

Enters our list as of May 2022, following his stunning victory over Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. The Russian remained unbeaten and retained the WBA light-heavyweight title with that result, which he achieved by fighting on the front foot, picking his shots wisely, and almost doubling the output of his opponent. Bivol, 31, won by two points on all three judges’ scorecards, though the margins should have been much wider. A clinical showing that raises the Russian’s profile immensely and likely sets up a rematch with Canelo.

9. Shakur Stevenson (18-0, 9 KOs)

The unbeaten American enters our list following his clinic against Oscar Valdez at the end of April. Stevenson eased to a unanimous decision win against the Mexican, retaining the WBC and WBO super-featherweight titles as a result. At just 24 years old, the best is still ahead of Stevenson, who we expect will only climb our rankings.

8. Vasiliy Lomachenko (16-2, 11 KOs)

Was somewhat surprisingly beaten by our former No 10, Lopez, but the 34-year-old has bounced back with two straight wins – most recently against Richard Commey – to maintain his status as one of the best boxers in the world. The Ukrainian southpaw (one of two on this list...) saw off Jorge Linares in 2018 to become WBA lightweight champion and a three-weight title holder, before adding further belts with notable wins against the likes of Luke Campbell and Jose Pedraza.

7. Juan Francisco Estrada (42-3, 28 KOs)

The diminutive Mexican is a two-weight world champion, having obtained the WBA super-flyweight title with his split-decision victory over Roman Gonzalez in March 2021. That win saw Estrada, 31, avenge a 2012 defeat by “Chocolatito”, but its narrow nature meant the old rivals were set to rematch this March, until Estrada had to withdraw due to Covid symptoms. In any case, Estrada’s creative use of angles is one of his standout attributes, making him a fun watch each time out.

6. Tyson Fury (32-0-1, 23 KOs)

Has eclipsed Anthony Joshua as the household name in British boxing. Fury, 33, returned to the sport in 2018 after three years off due to a long struggle with his mental health. Since then, he has established himself as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, dethroning Deontay Wilder to become WBC champion in the pair’s 2020 rematch, having controversially drawn with the American in their first clash, in 2018.

In October, Fury stopped Wilder for the second fight in a row to retain the belt, which he did again in April by knocking out Dillian Whyte with ease after outboxing his compatriot for the best part of six rounds. A creative fighter who has demonstrated remarkable resilience and heart in the ring, Fury previously held the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO titles and looks destined to regain them and reign as undisputed champion in the future – as long as he does not commit to retriement.

5. Naoya Inoue (22-0, 19-0)

One of the lesser-known names on this list to the more casual fan, the Japanese does not lack in prowess what he may lack in profile. Inoue has the best stoppage percentage of any fighter on this list, part of what makes him such an exciting fighter to watch – along with his effortless evasiveness, brutal body attacks, and frightening level of output. At 28, the WBA and IBF bantamweight champion – who has also held titles in two other weight classes – has plenty left ahead of him.

4. Errol Spence Jr (28-0, 22 KOs)

The American has not been the most active fighter in recent years, but he has been slowly building a fine resume. Spence Jr holds impressive wins against the likes of Shawn Porter, Mikey Garcia, Danny Garcia and Carlos Ocampo. The southpaw stopped the latter, as well as notably finishing Kell Brook on the Briton’s home turf earlier in his career, and a cancelled clash with Manny Pacquiao would surely have built up Spence even further had it come to fruition.

Last time out, the 32-year-old beat Yordenis Ugas by brutalising the Cuban’s eye, collecting another welterweight belt and rising two spots in our rankings in the process. If he can increase his activity, Spence will likely only continue to climb here, especially if a long-awaited meeting with Terence Crawford comes to pass and Spence can win...

3. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (57-2-2, 39 KOs)

In the nine years since loss to Floyd Mayweather, the Mexican has established himself as the face of boxing, with wins against Erislandy Lara, Miguel Cotto, Amir Khan, Gennadiy Golovkin, Daniel Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders and many more of note. The effectiveness of the 31-year-old’s counter-punching, slickness of his head movement and beauty of his body work make him a joy to watch.

Detractors will point to Alvarez’s clenbuterol controversy in 2018 and the fact that a couple of his victories have come via controversial scorecards. Supporters will give more credence to Canelo’s admirable level of activity and the great number of formidable foes he has fought and beaten. His three victories in 2021 – all stoppages – saw him ultimately become boxing’s first ever undisputed super-middleweight champion. A title holder in four weight classes, the Mexican failed to add a second light-heavyweight title to his collection when he was outpointed by unbeaten Russian Dmitry Bivol in May 2022. That result, which surprised a number of fans, marked just the second defeat of Canelo’s professional career. Don’t be surprised if the ambitious Mexican goes for the rematch next time out.

2. Oleksandr Usyk (19-0, 13 KOs)

Reigned as undisputed cruiserweight champion before moving up to heavyweight, where he has since become WBO, WBA, IBF and IBO champion. The Ukrainian, 35 is undefeated and most recently outpointed Anthony Joshua with ease in London to gain those heavyweight titles. The southpaw, a former Olympic gold medalist, is as technical as they come in the heavier weight classes, making a possible match-up with Fury an intriguing prospect down the line – as long as Fury elects not to retire. Following Canelo’s defeat by Bivol, Usyk climbs from third to second in our list.

1. Terence Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs)

The WBO welterweight champion has one of the most impressive resumes in the sport, and it just keeps getting better. Four of the American’s last seven opponents were undefeated before facing him, and all seven were stopped by Crawford – who has a tremendous number of knockout and TKO victories to his name. Wins against big-name boxers Brook and Porter in Crawford’s last two outings have further enhanced the 34-year-old’s profile, especially his victory over the latter last time out. After Canelo’s loss to Bivol, Crawford moves up one place in our rankings to become our new No 1.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...89095ceba14836

No way is Inoue #5. I'd move him up to #1 and bump the rest down.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    Anything other than Inoue as #1 is racist.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NAOYA INOUE has moved to the top of Ring Magazine's latest pound-for-pound rankings.

The Japanese knockout specialist took just two rounds to blast out Nonito Donaire in their unification bantamweight rematch this week.

And that has been enough to see 29-year-old take top spot in the latest rankings that were released this week.

Canelo Alvarez had been in top spot for several months, but he has now been bumped off in the Ring Magazine's P4P top ten boxers.

The Mexican ace, 31, was outpointed by Russia's WBA light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol last month.

It was just the second defeat of his 61-fight career, with his previous loss coming at the hands of Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

Prior to Canelo's shock defeat, he was sitting pretty at the top of the Ring's P4P list.

But he has now plummeted down in the rankings, while there is still no room for Tyson Fury after he signed off his career with a brutal knockout victory over Dillian Whyte last month.

The Ring Magazine still counts Fury as their top heavyweight and champion, though they have omitted him from their updated list.

And there is also no room for Anthony Joshua either - although that could all change if he wins his rematch with No.2 Oleksandr Usyk.

The Ukrainian took the heavyweight titles from AJ last September, and that also took him top of the P4P list.

But now Inoue’s latest victory, which unified the bantamweight division, propelled him above Usyk into pole position.

And, with Fury and Joshua’s omission, that means there is now only one British boxer left in the top ten.

Unbeaten star Josh Taylor retains his place, although he has dropped from sixth to ninth.

The 19-0 Scot is not to blame for the terrible scorecards that gifted him an undeserved win over Jack Catterall back in February but his air of invincibility has definitely suffered a dent.

Prior to that bout Taylor was one of British boxing’s biggest success stories, racing to undisputed 10st glory by taking on all of the best in his way and beating them convincingly.

He is definitely not the first big star to dodge a costly bullet thanks to some skew-whiff scoring, and his reputation has taken a big hit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18853...ound-rankings/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has "The Ring" catapulted Ginger into "one-name-celebrity" status now?

A la Tiger... Madonna... Oprah?

Give me a fukking break....

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

is that image from the ring?

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

is that image from the ring?

(see post 41)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his point is that the sun made up that image for their newspaper, and the ring seem to list him as canelo Alvarez on their list...not that it matters much.

Thread Information