Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NOW can we stop the disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 p4p?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Josh is undisputed at the weight and still remains undefeated. One bad fight should not take away all the good work he has done in his career.
    One question. If Catterall was given the decision, would you still be ok with Josh Taylor at #5 ?
    No, he would be down maybe even out of the top 10.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh is undisputed at the weight and still remains undefeated. One bad fight should not take away all the good work he has done in his career.
    One question. If Catterall was given the decision, would you still be ok with Josh Taylor at #5 ?
    There you go.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next question, did you think Taylor beat Catterall?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought he lost to jack. not to pick on your list it is nowhere as bad as terence, errol & tyson but do you consider inactivity? el gallo has been out a minute & i thought he lost to chocolatito
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Catterall should have got the decision.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i thought he lost to jack. not to pick on your list it is nowhere as bad as terence, errol & tyson but do you consider inactivity? el gallo has been out a minute & i thought he lost to chocolatito
    Chocolatito should have got the decision.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    NOW can we stop this disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 at the P4P list? The disrespect was sickening, tbth...

I always felt Canelo had a lot to prove before he could have been placed at #1 p4p... But everyone serious in the game knew the #1 p4p is Terance Bud Crawford. Stop this disrespect on the man and put him #1...

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    5.... name the rest of the guys you like.
    Fury at 3 ? He’s nowhere near it. He’s no different to many of the World champions in other divisions.
    Inoue is #1
    Crawford needs to fight and beat Spence and that settles everything.
    Anything other than Crawford as #1 is racist.
    So I’m racist now, just because I don’t agree with you. Crawford is one of my favourite current fighters, but Inoue has not been given the respect he deserves.
    Crawford has been a victim of his previous promoter’s unprofessional work for him. But he signed the contract.
    For the record, I believe Crawford is probably the best all round Boxer out there, but you have to create your legacy in the ring.
    You mean by doing something like winning 16 championship fights over 3 divisions including undisputed in 1 and about to fight for undisputed in another?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    NOW can we stop this disrespect on Crawford and put him at #1 at the P4P list? The disrespect was sickening, tbth...

I always felt Canelo had a lot to prove before he could have been placed at #1 p4p... But everyone serious in the game knew the #1 p4p is Terance Bud Crawford. Stop this disrespect on the man and put him #1...

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Fury at 3 ? He’s nowhere near it. He’s no different to many of the World champions in other divisions.
    Inoue is #1
    So I’m racist now, just because I don’t agree with you. Crawford is one of my favourite current fighters, but Inoue has not been given the respect he deserves.
    Crawford has been a victim of his previous promoter’s unprofessional work for him. But he signed the contract.
    For the record, I believe Crawford is probably the best all round Boxer out there, but you have to create your legacy in the ring.
    You mean by doing something like winning 16 championship fights over 3 divisions including undisputed in 1 and about to fight for undisputed in another?
    Yeah exactly like, or maybe even do it over 4 divisions like Inoue. Like I said , Inoue is the only one that I possibly put above Bud, but it’s a 50/50 call.
    If Crawford fights and beats Spence (which I hope he does tbh) that settles everything.
    You’ve said yourself along the lines of “ Spence would be favourite “ I can’t remember exactly what you said. But Crawford needs that fight to put his career right up there where it belongs.
    I have absolutely no criticism of Crawford as a boxer whatsoever, just disappointed in his management choices over his career.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you think Taylor lost his last fight, which , regardless of the decision, wouldn’t be particularly impressive.
    Certainly not impressive enough to be called one of the 5 best boxers on the planet at any weight, wouldn’t you agree?
    Look, I’ve written on here many times before, that P4P is a pathetic concept.
    All it is good for is to work out the best 2 or 3 boxers on the planet. Start going any deeper than that and it borders on the ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you think Taylor lost his last fight, which , regardless of the decision, wouldn’t be particularly impressive.
    Certainly not impressive enough to be called one of the 5 best boxers on the planet at any weight, wouldn’t you agree?
    Look, I’ve written on here many times before, that P4P is a pathetic concept.
    All it is good for is to work out the best 2 or 3 boxers on the planet. Start going any deeper than that and it borders on the ridiculous.
    True, it is very subjective and can be open to supporting your favourite fighter's. Josh got very lucky and he could have been more humble but he is still the champion. I thought Golovkin beat Canelo twice but officially it was a draw and loss.

I agree with you on Crawford.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    Yeah exactly like, or maybe even do it over 4 divisions like Inoue. Like I said , Inoue is the only one that I possibly put above Bud, but it’s a 50/50 call.
    If Crawford fights and beats Spence (which I hope he does tbh) that settles everything.
    You’ve said yourself along the lines of “ Spence would be favourite “ I can’t remember exactly what you said. But Crawford needs that fight to put his career right up there where it belongs.
    I have absolutely no criticism of Crawford as a boxer whatsoever, just disappointed in his management choices over his career.
    you don't have oleksandr above terence?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    No, of course not. Usyk is a Wonderful Boxer, with an amazing Amateur record. But it’s got to be judged on the pro career surely? And yes he hoovered up the CW Division with ease, but CW is a notoriously shallow division.
    And he’s beaten AJ.
    To be honest, even if he beats AJ again, then Fury, I probably still wouldn’t have him at #1.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    No, of course not. Usyk is a Wonderful Boxer, with an amazing Amateur record. But it’s got to be judged on the pro career surely? And yes he hoovered up the CW Division with ease, but CW is a notoriously shallow division.
    And he’s beaten AJ.
    To be honest, even if he beats AJ again, then Fury, I probably still wouldn’t have him at #1.
    yes judged on pro career. oleksandr's run to unify was much tougher than terence's & he stepped up to the big men & won unified belts. i think inoue is even ahead of terence

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    Spence is my favorite fighter but I have Bud, I think he’s more natural, I think he takes advantage of Spence pausing and thinking. Getting stuck in what he does rather than being fluid. But who knows, maybe Bud can’t take the physicality. That’s why they have to fight.

I’ve long touted Inoue but he needs to learn to take his head off the platter or his chin will fail him sooner or later and it will be a sharp decline. Tuck that chin and maximize your abilities young man

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Crawford
    2. Spence
    3. Fury
    4. Inoue
    Inoue is #1
    Spence is my favorite fighter but I have Bud, I think he’s more natural, I think he takes advantage of Spence pausing and thinking. Getting stuck in what he does rather than being fluid. But who knows, maybe Bud can’t take the physicality. That’s why they have to fight.

I’ve long touted Inoue but he needs to learn to take his head off the platter or his chin will fail him sooner or later and it will be a sharp decline. Tuck that chin and maximize your abilities young man
    I hope you’re right about Crawford, and fair comment about Inoue. But until he gets tagged, he’s very exciting to watch.

Thread Information