Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Las Vegas Robberies

After watching the Canelo v Bivol fight, my worst fear didn't happen. The right man won. However, I think that Bivol was 'robbed' of at least 3 more rounds. The fight wasn't that close. Bivol was in control throughout.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Las Vegas Robberies

It was not a close contest and Bivol could have been given 11 of the 12 rounds.

It was a near robbery and the first 4 rounds were given all to Canelo which is where it was wrong.

Bivol dominated the fight and was just bigger, better and managed Canelo with relative ease.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a Russian wining by 2 rounds on all cards in Las Vegas against Canelo tells you the true extent of the margin
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact every judge had the same score for each round is quite frankly astonishing!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan Garcia did not miss the opportunity to take a shot at Canelo Alvarez following his loss to Dmitry Bivol.

The pair have had a rocky relationship in recent years after Garcia left Canelo’s gym on sour terms last year.

On Saturday night, Canelo was dominated by Russia’s Bivol over twelve rounds, losing the fight by unanimous decision, despite being a huge favourite with the bookies in the build-up to the clash.

The judge’s only gave Bivol the fight by one round, but many fans and media alike thought it should have been much wider on the scorecards in favour of the Russian, including Canelo’s former training partner, Ryan Garcia.

As soon as the final bell rang for the end of the fight, Garcia took to Twitter.

“Canelo lost fairly easy,” Garcia said, “only way I see Bivol losing is if the judges decide to steal it from him. You can’t win just hitting the arms they aren’t scoring blows.”

Garcia then followed up by congratulating Bivol on his victory by saying, “Congratulations Bivol you are a great dedicated and disciplined fighter. Great performance!”

A number of fans saw this as a shot at Canelo, following their feud last year and Garcia quickly confirmed that it was a ‘dig’ in his next tweet.

“Yeah that last tweet was a dig at Canelo?” Garcia said, “I’m human so what, he said some shady shit about me cry me a river.”

It all began with Canelo’s comments in an interview with Complex about Garcia’s decision to take a break from boxing for mental health reasons.

“Look, Ryan has a lot of talent,” Canelo said, “but to me in my eyes, he’s wasting a lot of time and wasting his talent. I look at him and don’t see him 100% dedicated and, to us, that’s a bad signal.”

Garcia subsequently split with Team Canelo and his trainer at the time, Eddy Reynoso, saying that they did not have enough time to dedicate to him.

“Canelo doesn’t know the facts,” Garcia tweeted, “The first camp I had with eddy went great then everything went bad he only showed up two weeks before fonseca fight and that’s when I first asked my manager to talk to him about finding a new trainer. Vergil Ortiz left bc eddy never showed.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-dmitry-bivol/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information