Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can Eubank beat 40 year old Triple G?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can Eubank beat 40 year old Triple G?

Chris Eubank Jr sends message to Gennady Golovkin after shock Canelo defeat

Chris Eubank Jr took the opportunity to call out Gennady Golovkin following Canelo Alvarez’s loss to Dmitry Bivol on Saturday night.

The WBA light heavyweight champion claimed a win via unanimous decision, handing the Mexican only the second loss of his glittering career.

A win for Canelo would have set up a money-spinning third meeting with Golovkin, a man he has not lost to yet. Their first bout came to split decision in 2017 before Canelo won by majority decision a year later.

With the 31-year-old stating his desire for a rematch with Bivol, Golovkin could potentially have space for a fight in September.

Eubank Jr, on a great run himself after recovering from his loss against George Groves in 2018, had been exchanging verbal barbs with Kell Brook prior to his retirement earlier this week.

Taking to Twitter, the 32-year-old said: “Well @GGGBoxing looks like your going to need a new dance partner now that Canelo has been dethroned. I’m ready to tango baby let’s get it on this summer”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...89095ceba14836
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Jnr v Golovkin

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Chris Eubank Jr sends message to Gennady Golovkin after shock Canelo defeat

Chris Eubank Jr took the opportunity to call out Gennady Golovkin following Canelo Alvarez’s loss to Dmitry Bivol on Saturday night.

The WBA light heavyweight champion claimed a win via unanimous decision, handing the Mexican only the second loss of his glittering career.

A win for Canelo would have set up a money-spinning third meeting with Golovkin, a man he has not lost to yet. Their first bout came to split decision in 2017 before Canelo won by majority decision a year later.

With the 31-year-old stating his desire for a rematch with Bivol, Golovkin could potentially have space for a fight in September.

Eubank Jr, on a great run himself after recovering from his loss against George Groves in 2018, had been exchanging verbal barbs with Kell Brook prior to his retirement earlier this week.

Taking to Twitter, the 32-year-old said: “Well @GGGBoxing looks like your going to need a new dance partner now that Canelo has been dethroned. I’m ready to tango baby let’s get it on this summer”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...89095ceba14836
    Eubank has the heart and motivation that his dad had. Snr was as tough as old boots, Jnr has yet to be tested that far. Golovkin has never been beaten....the decisions against Canelo were not right. No disrespect to Canelo, he is a great fighter...but not as good as Golovkin....neither should he have been awarded more that 2 rounds against Bivol. Not Canelo's fault but there it is. Is Golovkin anywhere near his best now? If he is Eubank will struggle. GGG is a more polished and skillful fighter who is strong too. I think it would be a great fight, both always come to win. My head says Golovkin but my heart says Eubank. I loved watching his dad fight and Jnr is getting better. Bring it on.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Eubank beat 40 year old Triple G?

ggg would ice chris jr
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Eubank beat 40 year old Triple G?

So in the last what three months? Jnr has called out both Kell Brook and now GGG. Two fighters who fought one another nearly six years ago because Jnr shat the bed. I hope that he's doing it in jest because if it's sincere, it's beyond pathetic.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information