Ben Whittaker is set to return to action against Ezra Areneyeka on June 15 at Selhurst Park.

'The Surgeon' has been added to the stacked Chris Billam-Smith vs Richard Riakporhe undercard against the boxer who gatecrashed his recent press conference.

Following Whittaker's unanimous decision win over Leon Willings at London's O2 Arena in March, Areneyeka stormed the stage to demand a fight with the Olympic silver medallist.

The Nigerian puncher hurled insults at Whittaker before being bundled out of the venue by security.

At the time, a bewildered Whittaker exclaimed: “I don’t even know who that guy is.

“I am worried about his blood pressure, someone get him a bottle of Sprite and a lie-down.

“I like that chain he has on, though, did he get it from Amazon?”

Whittaker will know exactly who Arenyeka is on fight night when they duke it out at the home of Crystal Palace.

During his seven-fight (7-0) stint in the pros, Whittaker has mostly fought journeymen and short-notice opponents but Arenyeka looks to be a good step up in competition, at least on paper.

The 28-year-old holds an impressive undefeated 12-0 pro record, with 10 of his wins coming inside the distance.

Whittaker became a viral internet sensation for his flamboyant showboating and has been tipped by promoter Ben Shalom to become British boxing's next big superstar.

His sixth pro bout against French journeyman Khalid Graidia, amassed millions of views on social media as he danced, dropped his hands and utterly embarrassed his overmatched foe before stopping him against the ropes with a vicious flurry of punches.

Arenyeka insists that same tactic won't work against him.

Speaking to Sky Sports' Toe2Toe, he said: “He’s a great Olympian, a great boxer, but I don’t think he’s a great professional, there's a difference.

"This is not amateur boxing, this is not tippy-tap.

“He’s fought guys that are scared of him and have too much respect, he's not fought a dog like me.

"It’s going to be different, it’s going to be relentless work from me.”

https://talksport.com/sport/1850487/...ference-fight/