Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
the wba is talking with it's top six ranked one hundred pounders to decide on filling the vacant belt
Sounds like something out of a Big brother episode with a 5 minute interview/ evaluation process . Almost like they don't even trust their own politricks rankings #1 Alberto Puello and #2 Ismael Barroso who would logically fight for it but want the door open for others. Of the 6 "contestants" it's flat wrong to have Ohara Davies in there who has already lost to Taylor AND Jack Catterall. Akhmedov lost to Mario Barrios. Shame Catterall doesn't even get a sniff. Prograis seems about right but man with only 3 low key fights in 3 years since Taylor he's been invisible.
josh is stripped yet leo santa cruz can keep is wba super world featherweight belt. even the wbc were saying chon zepeda was the next in line for a mandatory. ismael hasn't fought in over a year. i guess the wba don't won't o'hara getting a clear road to the title with bigger names like regis & sandor able to bring in bigger fees & eliminators generate fees as well. i thought batyr beat mario so i'd be happy for him to be involved. got to feel for jack catterall
the wba bizzarro world continues to roll on. they have decided to make alberto puello the number one v botirzhon akhmedov the number six for the vacant belt, with ismael barroso the number two getting a shot at the winner. ismael got screwed the worst here. botirzhon akhmedov already holds a two thousand & eighteen ninth round knockout of ismael barroso & i thought he beat mario barrios, so i'm good with this. ohara davies v sandor martin will be ordered as an eliminator. regis prograis is the man on the outside looking in. i can see ohara davies fighting lewis ritson instead, that could lead to sandor v regis & that's a better fight i'm interested in
sandor martin has withdrawn from a potential wba eliminator against ohara davies. shakhram giyasov would be next in line